Conceptis Forums

Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List 

My-fill-a-pix graphical defects

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> Technical Support >> My-fill-a-pix graphical defects Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
My-fill-a-pix graphical defects - 8/18/2020 8:59:10 AM   
gbal

Hi to all. I found a graphical problem occurring just with My-fill-a-pix puzzles and only using Chrome browser (ver.84.0.4147.125 64 bits). The drawback does not appear with Microsoft Edge ver 84.0.522.59 64 bits.
As you can see, sometimes groups 16 squares are contoured with vertical and horizontal lines unnecessary. This occurs and disappears randomly depending of what you do: drawing a black square or a cross or a white square....randomly.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: My-fill-a-pix graphical defects - 8/18/2020 9:16:30 AM   
dave

Please send us an email to support@conceptispuzzles.com so we can understand more about this issue: which computer you are using, with which operating system, what happens when you change the browser's zoom (pressing Ctrl and + or Ctrl and - keys) and so on.

Thanks, Dave

(in reply to gbal)
Post #: 2
RE: My-fill-a-pix graphical defects - 9/12/2020 3:53:39 AM   
shuger

hi, I was wondering if this issue was fixed for the user? I am having a similar issue with disappearing gridlines on Sumsudoku, also only with Chrome. I haven't tried a fill-a-pix since it started happening with my Sumsudoku but this seemed like it might be the same issue.

(in reply to dave)
Post #: 3
RE: My-fill-a-pix graphical defects - 9/12/2020 5:30:16 PM   
Midget40

I also have this problem today on Fill-a-pix and Block-a-pix. Also on Chrome

(in reply to shuger)
Post #: 4
RE: My-fill-a-pix graphical defects - 9/12/2020 6:30:34 PM   
csillag

Same problem for me with with Fill-a-Pix and Pic-a-Pix, started on Thursday.
Windows 10, Chrome (Version 85.0.4183.102)

(in reply to Midget40)
Post #: 5
RE: My-fill-a-pix graphical defects - 9/17/2020 11:50:06 AM   
csillag

Has this been fixed for you if had this problem? I still have the same issue, for a week now.

(in reply to csillag)
Post #: 6
RE: My-fill-a-pix graphical defects - 9/18/2020 4:35:48 PM   
Menatith

I've also been having the same problem for at least a week now, with all the puzzles actually. Unfortunately, it's giving me eyestrain when trying to solve a puzzle.

I'm also on Windows 10, Chrome Version 85.0.4183.102.

(in reply to csillag)
Post #: 7
RE: My-fill-a-pix graphical defects - 9/19/2020 12:25:03 PM   
Admin

We can't reproduce this problem on our company computers so we need the help of anyone having this problem. Please send us an email to support@conceptispuzzles.com with the following:

- Full screen capture (of the entire screen, without any cropping).
- If this problem happens as a result of an action (for example, after moving the mouse) then please send us a video so we can see this as well.
- Does zooming the browser (not the puzzle) make any difference? Does pressing the Ctrl+0 keys help?
- Does restarting the computer, clearing cache etc help?
- Full information on the computer being used, the operating system, and the browser.

Thanks, Dave

(in reply to Menatith)
Post #: 8
RE: My-fill-a-pix graphical defects - 9/19/2020 6:21:32 PM   
csillag

Hey, so I figured out that what was causing the issue for me was being zoomed in to 125% on all the pages of the Conceptis site in Chrome. Going back to 100% made all the puzzles look normal again.

(in reply to Admin)
Post #: 9
RE: My-fill-a-pix graphical defects - 9/21/2020 12:04:38 AM   
shuger

I am still having this problem. The puzzles look ok when I open them but the second I put the cursor anywhere on the puzzle to begin playing, something like this happens.
It's only on Chrome and I have the magnification at 90%.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to csillag)
Post #: 10
RE: My-fill-a-pix graphical defects - 9/21/2020 4:46:42 PM   
Admin

We can't reproduce this problem on our company computers so we need the help of anyone having this problem. Please send us an email to support@conceptispuzzles.com with the following:

- Full screen capture (of the entire screen, without any cropping).
- If this problem happens as a result of an action (for example, after moving the mouse) then please send us a video so we can see this as well.
- Does zooming the browser (not the puzzle) make any difference? Does pressing the Ctrl+0 keys help?
- Does restarting the computer, clearing cache etc help?
- Full information on the computer being used, the operating system, and the browser.

Thanks, Dave

(in reply to shuger)
Post #: 11
RE: My-fill-a-pix graphical defects - 9/21/2020 11:15:56 PM   
Admin

Seems this problem happens because of the windows screen zoom settings. To fix this issue, please try the following:

Right-click on the home screen > Display settings > Scale and layout > Change the size of text, apps and other items, and change the zoom settings to 100% or something else. Hope this helps.

Cheers, Dave

(in reply to Admin)
Post #: 12
RE: My-fill-a-pix graphical defects - 10/23/2020 9:01:38 PM   
flarbear

I think I have a solution - read on.

I am seeing this as well. I have my scaling set to 150% which is the lowest scaling at which I can use my computer effectively (high resolution screens), so while setting it to 100% might make for an interesting test, that is not a solution for me.

The easiest way I have to reproduce this is to bring up the info panel on any puzzle. When that happens the entire window gets pixelated and ugly like the screen shots above, even after I dismiss the info panel. The info panel is never smooth, it is already blocky from its first appearance.

I can also see it on Fill-a-Pix if I click anywhere in the window to make a move. It starts out smooth and even, but the first click distorts the grid lines and makes the text unsmooth just like bringing up the info panel.

What fixes it is to resize the window - suddenly it is smooth again until I do another operation that triggers the degradation. This can also fix the info panel - bring it up (yuk), resize the window, and suddenly the info panel looks nice.

I also noticed another subtle detail which might point out why this is happening. When you bring up the info panel, the window it is in gets a little uglier, but it gets even uglier when you dismiss the info panel.

This behaves a lot like a program that is rendering with antialiasing that forgets to erase the background before it repaints.

If you are doing a screen refresh of antialiased rendering without clearing first then the edges of the AA graphics (and the lines) will become blockier and blockier. It appears that some of your apps will redraw without clearing the background for things like bringing up and dismissing the info panel, or making a move on Fill-a-pix.

It would appear that resizing the window does a full refresh, including a clear to the background color, which fixes the antialiasing accumulation problem.

The reason the lines would get thicker from this is that some of them are straddling pixel lines on the screen. When rendered with antialiasing a thin line that straddles the edge between pixels is rendered with some gray in each of the pixels. The eye will blend these together and it will look like a thin line from a distance. But, if you render it over and over then the two rows of pixels that should each be 50% gray will slowly become 100% black and the line will look like it is a different size than the others. The eye can't resolve that kind of inconsistency.

So, check your redraw routines and make sure they start with a clear so that when they are rendered with anitaliasing you won't accumulate visual "dirt" along the edges of characters, paths, and lines that don't line up with pixel boundaries...

(in reply to Admin)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> Technical Support >> My-fill-a-pix graphical defects Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode