Conceptis Forums

Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List 

NEW version of PAP in Logic Paradise

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> The Puzzle Room >> NEW version of PAP in Logic Paradise Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
NEW version of PAP in Logic Paradise - 4/9/2009 4:21:34 AM   
PushiTOOL11

So I've been subscribed to Logic Paradise for about 6 months now and I LOVE it!! It's a little pricey to get here in America, but it's worth it for the amount of hours I spend doing the puzzles!

Anyway, the last two issues that Ive gotten, have had a new type of pic a pix in them. I don't know what they call them because I can't read japanese [hehe] but if anyone has one of the last two issues,it's the ones where not all blocks are solid, some of them are half diagonally colored in. Makes for an AMAZING looking picture.

I've really enjoyed these two puzzles and was wondering if anyone knows what they're called.. or maybe where I can get some more of them?

Also, anyone know of any good magazines with fill a pix that I could order here in America?

Thanks!

Sarah
Post #: 1
RE: NEW version of PAP in Logic Paradise - 4/9/2009 6:51:53 AM   
mko

Hai PushiTool11,

you can have a lot of them on http://www.triddlers.com/ for free.

Btw. i knew a other kind of PAP. In the end it reveals a maze. Than you can search your way through. Double fun

mko

(in reply to PushiTOOL11)
Post #: 2
RE: NEW version of PAP in Logic Paradise - 4/10/2009 4:53:40 AM   
PushiTOOL11

Those are awesome! But what I'm talking about is slightly different. The grid is the normal squares like a regular PAP, but some of the squares arent fully colored in. If I get a chance, I will scan the one I have in my book, it's already solved so it'll give you an idea of what the outcome is.

That maze one sounds awesome too! Like a PAP and MAP in one? Where did you see that?

(in reply to mko)
Post #: 3
RE: NEW version of PAP in Logic Paradise - 4/10/2009 10:52:50 AM   
cyndommett

I've seen these puzzles too but I couldn't work out how to do it. Can you explain how you did it?

Cyn

Post #: 4
RE: NEW version of PAP in Logic Paradise - 4/10/2009 5:26:47 PM   
mko

Hai PushiTool11,

triangle paps are on triddlers.com too.

search for triangles, or try puzzle id 1995 as an example.

i found the maze-paps in an german magazine. "P.M. Kreative Trainer"
but my last issue are from june 2005.

greetings,
mko

Post #: 5
RE: NEW version of PAP in Logic Paradise - 4/10/2009 6:01:38 PM   
mandylion_11

Hi Cyn,

Do you mean the puzzles with triangels or the triddlers? Both follow the basic rules for PAP's. A triangle in a griddler is just an extra color. It can be placed directly to a full square with any color without an empty square in between (but of course empty squares could be there). Triddlers have clues in 3 directions, which should make them easier to solve. You need to get used to checking all directions though and counting is harder too. Try a few small ones to get the idea.

Maarten

(in reply to cyndommett)
Post #: 6
RE: NEW version of PAP in Logic Paradise - 4/11/2009 1:45:54 AM   
PushiTOOL11

So I scanned one I did this month. Like I said before, they're different than triddlers, takes a little more logic I think.

Is this what you're talking about Cyn? If so, hopefully looking at my solution will help you figure out how it works. It might be more confusing if I try to explain it in words. But if you can't figure it out by the picture, I'll try my hardest to help you

So anyone know what these are called? or where I could find more?

(in reply to cyndommett)
Post #: 7
RE: NEW version of PAP in Logic Paradise - 4/11/2009 10:28:21 AM   
mandylion_11

These are the same type of puzzles griddlers.net/triddlers.com (it's the same site) has. They are called Griddlers in their site and you can select puzzles with or without triangles. Check out this page to see their explanation.

Post #: 8
RE: NEW version of PAP in Logic Paradise - 4/12/2009 5:50:50 AM   
PushiTOOL11

Oooooh awesome! I must have missed that, hehe
Thanks a bunch guys!

The only thing Ive never liked about that site is that you see what the solution is gonna be before you do the puzzle! I like to be surprised

(in reply to mandylion_11)
Post #: 9
RE: NEW version of PAP in Logic Paradise - 4/12/2009 11:10:44 AM   
mandylion_11

You mean you can guess the subject of the puzzle by the title and the theme it is categorized in? You cannot see the solution of the puzzle for sure!
The theme can be hidden if you prefer to be surprised and with their iGridd program you can hide the titles as well. But you need to subscribed for that.
I have to agree I prefer the puzzles that have a cryptic title. Like the one I posted in here, it's called 'Friends'. There's no way you could have known the outcome of that puzzle beforehand...

M.

Post #: 10
RE: NEW version of PAP in Logic Paradise - 6/27/2019 11:02:55 AM   
ku4er

Search in Amazon: "Trianograms"

(in reply to mandylion_11)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> The Puzzle Room >> NEW version of PAP in Logic Paradise Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode