Window opening with puzzle in tiny scroll area (Full Version)

All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> Technical Support

monkeybrains -> Window opening with puzzle in tiny scroll area (12/7/2019 2:41:42 PM)

Hi
Playing windows 10, Chrome

In the last hour or so, when I open a puzzle the window opens with the content in a tiny scroll area so that the game is unplayable.

Flash is enabled - was working fine earlier today.
Tried logging out and back in.

Has an update just gone out?

Thanks

janetmcbride -> RE: Window opening with puzzle in tiny scroll area (12/7/2019 2:44:44 PM)

Yes, same problem here :(

OPankotsch -> RE: Window opening with puzzle in tiny scroll area (12/7/2019 2:48:07 PM)

Haveing the same problem, worked several hours ago, now it's "broken". Google Chrome on macOS High Sierra

monkeybrains -> RE: Window opening with puzzle in tiny scroll area (12/7/2019 3:01:43 PM)

I am a web developer and so have managed to fix it locally. The issue is the .content class has a height of 100% and when the page loads the flash element is smaller. For those not technical dont worry about it but if you feel brave you can do the following...

1.Open the window for your game
2. Right click underneath the scroll area and select 'Inspect'
3. Another window will open which is showing the html behind the page.
4. click the little arrow on the left of <body class="cap">...
5. Click on the line that says <div class="content".....
6. The row of text will be hightlighted
7. On the right you will see something that says .content{height: 100%:}
8. double click on the '100%' and you will get a text box to type into. Change '100%;' to '1500px;' and the game is then playable.

lkw20 -> RE: Window opening with puzzle in tiny scroll area (12/7/2019 3:02:10 PM)

Me too, using Safari.

bessie -> RE: Window opening with puzzle in tiny scroll area (12/7/2019 3:03:17 PM)

Reporting the same issue, happens with all puzzles, including samples, free puzzles, and purchased puzzles.

Hexentanz -> RE: Window opening with puzzle in tiny scroll area (12/7/2019 3:19:42 PM)

Same issue as well (Edge). Wanted to follow the description of monkeybrains but failed already at #2 - no "inspect" visible.

Hexentanz -> RE: Window opening with puzzle in tiny scroll area (12/7/2019 3:21:54 PM)

Same issue as well (Edge). Wanted to follow the description of monkeybrains but failed already at #2 - no "inspect" visible

AmyL -> RE: Window opening with puzzle in tiny scroll area (12/7/2019 3:25:00 PM)

Thanks so much! That solved it [:)]

monkeybrains -> RE: Window opening with puzzle in tiny scroll area (12/7/2019 3:29:38 PM)

Try on chrome - edge doesnt permit developer tools by default x

willow94 -> RE: Window opening with puzzle in tiny scroll area (12/7/2019 3:48:33 PM)

I use firefox. 750px worked best for me

femvoxfan -> RE: Window opening with puzzle in tiny scroll area (12/7/2019 3:49:18 PM)

I have the same problem here. The puzzles aren't playable now as the viewing area is far too small in the flash window that pops up. I'm running Windows 10 and using Microsoft Edge. Hope you guys can troubleshoot! Good luck and thanks for the puzzles!

SzEB -> RE: Window opening with puzzle in tiny scroll area (12/7/2019 3:55:45 PM)

Not working for me either :( How will I get through Saturday without my puzzles?

Robert58 -> RE: Window opening with puzzle in tiny scroll area (12/7/2019 4:01:59 PM)

Same here. Going to clean the garage. Thanks

femvoxfan -> RE: Window opening with puzzle in tiny scroll area (12/7/2019 4:03:07 PM)

Thanks monkeybrains! This fix that you posted is working for me! 1500px made the window a bit big on my system so I tried making that number a bit smaller, but at least now I can play. Plus it's fun to try and troubleshoot things like this! Thanks again for the help, this was great!

monkeybrains -> RE: Window opening with puzzle in tiny scroll area (12/7/2019 4:27:14 PM)

Seems to be fixed properly now - thanks

Admin -> RE: Window opening with puzzle in tiny scroll area (12/7/2019 4:48:56 PM)

The problem has been fixed, and you should be able to play again

Thanks, Dave

SzEB -> RE: Window opening with puzzle in tiny scroll area (12/7/2019 7:19:17 PM)

Thanks for the fast fix!

littlefeen -> RE: Window opening with puzzle in tiny scroll area (12/29/2019 12:07:07 PM)

I'm having a similar problem with some of the Mega Pic-A-Pix. The window for some of the puzzles won't show the entire puzzle. I've maximized the window size and even tried Moneybrain's fix up there. It's still cutting off the bottom of the puzzle. It seems to be a problem in the puzzles where the clue columns are very long, so it's not an every puzzle problem. But it sure would be ice to be able to play some of these older puzzles!

Admin -> RE: Window opening with puzzle in tiny scroll area (1/1/2020 7:37:39 AM)

It looks like either your browser is zoomed-in, or your computer screen settings are zoomed-in (or both). In case this doesn't fix the problem please send us an email to support@conceptispuzzles.com

Thanks, Dave

Page: [1]

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode