Conceptis Forums

Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List 

Connecting to website very slow

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> Technical Support >> Connecting to website very slow Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Connecting to website very slow - 10/26/2019 3:15:34 PM   
Flight

I am having trouble connecting to the site at all. This is since the update yesterday. This is on both Firefox, Palemoon, Waterfox and Brave. I can't save puzzles, play puzzles,or connect to pages. It takes sometimes up to 5 minutes.

Please take action
Post #: 1
RE: Connecting to website very slow - 10/26/2019 4:04:05 PM   
Admin

Thank you for your feedback. We are aware of this issue, and hope to get it fixed as soon as possible,

(in reply to Flight)
Post #: 2
RE: Connecting to website very slow - 10/26/2019 4:13:48 PM   
Nique

I have the exact same issues... Thanks for looking into this! :)

(in reply to Admin)
Post #: 3
RE: Connecting to website very slow - 10/26/2019 4:26:21 PM   
Ed-S

Same here, every action causes an extreme delay. Finishing a puzzle returns a "failed to save" message, although checking shows it WAS saved to server. Have tried reboot, also tried on a 2nd computer with same results. No issues any other websites, so this is not a problem caused on my end.
Thought you should know, please advise when fixed.

(in reply to Flight)
Post #: 4
RE: Connecting to website very slow - 10/26/2019 4:54:06 PM   
chaosmanor

Well, at least it wasn't just me, then I was beginning to wonder.

Here's the solution, at least on Chrome, which is what I use. There are two sets of cookies which this website uses. BOTH SETS NEED TO BE COMPLETELY CLEARED!!

conceptispuzzles.com
www.conceptispuzzles.com

One of these sets of cookies (I don't know which one, so clear them all) has a cookie which is corrupted in some way, such that it continually re-directs back to itself, causing things to very slowly (or never) find the correct path for connection.

After clearing out all cookies, you will have to log back in, but this should be easy enough. Until the broken cookie is fixed, it *might* be necessary to clear cookies each time you re-enter the website, but I don't know for sure. It might also be that the corruption is only on the User's end, in which case clearing cookies once takes care of the problem.

Good luck!

(in reply to Flight)
Post #: 5
RE: Connecting to website very slow - 10/27/2019 4:47:22 PM   
Talihoe

I had problems connecting to the site also but it's working good now.

(in reply to Admin)
Post #: 6
RE: Connecting to website very slow - 11/5/2019 2:25:53 PM   
MED401

Same problem. Different day. When can we expect this to be fixed? I'll be holding off on purchasing puzzles until then. Please let us know.
Edit: I should add that my problems now are in playing puzzles. In link a pix and block a pix I can't even get the puzzles to really function. The pic a pix was better but slow to respond to error checking and saving. The page itself responds well for this website.

Upon further consideration and checking a few more puzzles, it seems to be the puzzles that involve dragging, like maze a pix etc. Dot a pix works fine and so does kakuro, again except for checking errors and saving.

3rd edit: Now IE won't let me log into the website at all. What is going on? I even changed my password to make it work. It didn't.

< Message edited by MED401 -- 11/7/2019 1:30:15 PM >

(in reply to Flight)
Post #: 7
RE: Connecting to website very slow - 11/8/2019 2:25:49 AM   
Admin

in case you still have a problem please send us an email to support@conceptispuzzles.com so we can help you.

Thanks, Dave

(in reply to MED401)
Post #: 8
RE: Connecting to website very slow - 11/10/2019 1:36:51 PM   
MED401

It seems to be working better now, thank you.

(in reply to Admin)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> Technical Support >> Connecting to website very slow Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode