Windows Surface Touch with Chrome (Full Version)

All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> Technical Support

wayneph -> Windows Surface Touch with Chrome (5/3/2020 12:49:41 AM)

I noticed recently that in Chrome on my Windows Surface tablet, I can't use touch or my stylus when completing puzzles. They work when I'm navigating the site using regular links, but as soon as I try to click on one of the puzzles I get nothing. As soon as I use a mouse (touchpad or wireless) I can open/complete the puzzle. It seems to work normally in Edge, but I never use that browser, so I'd like to resolve it in Chrome if possible. I've tried playing with some of the experimental Chrome settings, but nothing changed.

Anyone seen anything like this before and/or know if I can fix it myself?

dave -> RE: Windows Surface Touch with Chrome (5/3/2020 10:17:07 AM)

Our desktop games are still of the "old generation" and are not designed to support touch screens. So on some devices/browsers it might work and on other it won't. We are considering updating our entire website to fully support touch screens and mobile devices, but this will still take time.

Thanks, Dave

wayneph -> RE: Windows Surface Touch with Chrome (5/3/2020 1:23:40 PM)

That makes sense. Thanks for the info.

wardhorton -> RE: Windows Surface Touch with Chrome (5/28/2020 8:13:48 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: wayneph

I noticed recently that in Chrome on my Windows Surface tablet, I can't use touch or my stylus when completing puzzles. They work when I'm navigating the site using regular links, but as soon as I try to click on one of the puzzles I get nothing. As soon as I use a mouse (touchpad or wireless) I can open/complete the slitherio puzzle. It seems to work normally in Edge, but I never use that browser, so I'd like to resolve it in Chrome if possible. I've tried playing with some of the experimental Chrome settings, but nothing changed.

Anyone seen anything like this before and/or know if I can fix it myself?

It was not designed to support touch screens.

Page: [1]

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode