Conceptis Forums

Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List 

Cross A Pix Help!

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> Puzzle Support >> Cross A Pix Help! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Cross A Pix Help! - 2/11/2018 10:28:32 PM   
shrimpo

I've been able to solve a few smaller puzzles and I decided to move on to something bigger and better but I am well and truly stumped. Please let me know if you need any explanations on what I've already filled in.

Puzzle is:
SingleClue Cross-a-Pix 45x35
Difficulty: Medium plus
ID: 32090100095Info
Published: Oct 02, 2015

Thank you!!

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Cross A Pix Help! - 2/12/2018 1:35:56 AM   
CharleneTX

Thank you for providing the puzzle's info so I could find it easily. When helping someone, I like to open the puzzle so I can use tools such as the rulers and temporary marks.

Column 20:
You have 2 squares filled and need 5 more. If you fill the 5-block starting at (Rows 2-6), that leaves 19 open squares in Column 19, but you need 20. Therefore, that 5-block needs to be dotted.

Column 20:
You have 2 squares filled and need 5 more. If you fill the 5-block starting at (Rows 24-28), that leaves 19 open squares in Column 19, but you need 20. Therefore, that 5-block needs to be dotted.

Column 26:
You have 1 square filled and need 6 more. If you fill in 6-block (Rows 19-24), that leaves 11 open squares in Column 27, but you need 12. Therefore, that 6-block needs to be dotted.

Hopefully that will help you progress. If you need more help, post again.

(in reply to shrimpo)
Post #: 2
RE: Cross A Pix Help! - 2/12/2018 2:47:30 PM   
arik_iis

Yes, these large ones are quiet a challenge, hence I am staying away from them...
So, I did not open (buy) this puzzle like Charlene did, and to add to what she said (and she gave excellent hints, as always - she is the official saver of this forum) I will only add that for column 28: clue is 3, and 7 squares are left un-dotted. Column 29 (clue of 21) has already 10 dotted squares, so can accomodate only 4 more. Hence, the 1 square in C28R28 should be blackened, because if it was dotted, you would have given the 4 missing dots to Column 29, and would get in trouble as you add more dots in Column 28 (you'll need to have a total of 4 dots in Column 28, and all squares in Column 28 contribute more dots to Column 29).

hope this did not confuse you...
Ask more, as needed.

Arik

< Message edited by arik_iis -- 2/12/2018 2:53:46 PM >

(in reply to CharleneTX)
Post #: 3
RE: Cross A Pix Help! - 3/10/2018 9:44:23 PM   
shrimpo

Hi Charlene,

Sorry for the delay in response I haven't had much time for puzzling lately, unfortunately.

I've tried to work your clues in but I can't line up your column references; to me Column 20 is the clue 23 between the 21 on the left and 13 on the right.

Is this right..??? I feel like I am missing something obvious...

Thanks!

(in reply to CharleneTX)
Post #: 4
RE: Cross A Pix Help! - 3/12/2018 7:15:29 PM   
Ahlyis

quote:

ORIGINAL: shrimpo

I've tried to work your clues in but I can't line up your column references; to me Column 20 is the clue 23 between the 21 on the left and 13 on the right.

Is this right..??? I feel like I am missing something obvious.

You are correct, Charlene's numbers are off. Her col 26 looks correct, but both of her col 20 hints should say col 17 instead.

(in reply to shrimpo)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> Puzzle Support >> Cross A Pix Help! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote