Conceptis Forums

Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List 

RE: Hashi Interactive Now Available

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> Fresh Supplies >> RE: Hashi Interactive Now Available Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Hashi Interactive Now Available - 9/1/2008 3:01:41 PM   
kfironit123

Hey, Dave.

I was very happy to see that Hashi online is now available. i really like this game and waited to see it online.
however, it seems to me that the check function is not working correctly.
many many times it does not alert about obvious wrong bridges.
especially in the big puzzles.

anyway, thanks for the gr8 game

(in reply to dave)
Post #: 21
RE: Hashi Interactive Now Available - 9/1/2008 10:12:17 PM   
Cyclone

quote:

I thought slitherlink was coming next but I see battleships are online too- did I miss it before???or are we full of surprises today?! Wow! Now I have two puzzles for my kids (the easy ones at least)
THANKS!!!!!!

I stumbled upon the Battleships Online without even realizing it was there.  I habitually hit the Print button, brought up the second one, hit Print, then noticed the puzzle behind the Print window...I was like WTH?  I went back to the first (an Ultra Easy that week, the 22nd) and solved it to see how it worked.  Very nice.

Not a Hashi fan myself and also not concerned with Slitherlinks, but glad to see the puzzles becoming online-friendly.  This can only be good for Conceptis.

Cyclone

(in reply to shiron)
Post #: 22
RE: Hashi Interactive Now Available - 9/1/2008 11:09:14 PM   
dmcadam

I've noticed the problem with the check feature too. Yesterday a sample puzzle was telling me that certain bridges were incorrect when I tried every possibility for them. It was only by looking at the thumbnail on the puzzle page that I could see that it was actually another bridge that was incorrect, that the check feature was not highlighting.

Otherwise, great to see Hashi on-line. Can't wait for Hitori.

Denise

(in reply to Cyclone)
Post #: 23
RE: Hashi Interactive Now Available - 9/2/2008 3:19:35 PM   
dave

Please be more specific about the problem with the Check Puzzle. Best way is to create a scenario with one of the puzzles on the website which we can then repeat over here.

Thanks, Dave

(in reply to dmcadam)
Post #: 24
RE: Hashi Interactive Now Available - 9/2/2008 3:25:40 PM   
dave

Hi Shiron

What you're requesting is usually referred to as Try mode, in which one can make progress with the puzzle using a different color or line thickness. Then, at any point in time, the user can do Accept or Reject. Anyway, this was a feature we once wanted to have in all our games and just didn't have the time for it. Hopefully we'll be able to do this one day.

Thanks, Dave

(in reply to shiron)
Post #: 25
RE: Hashi Interactive Now Available - 9/2/2008 11:26:44 PM   
dmcadam

Hi Dave,
I have an example of the check problem for you, using the last sample puzzle, Code 110.20x26.
In Column 13, row 7 there is a 3. If I draw a line down to the 2 and check it says there are no wrong links. The lines from that 3 actually go left and right, not down. I hope this problem occurs for you too, so you can find the cause.

Cheers,
Denise

(in reply to dave)
Post #: 26
RE: Hashi Interactive Now Available - 9/3/2008 12:09:12 PM   
shiron

Hi Dave!
Before the new website I used to save the file with a different name and make an assumption and if I saw a contradiction then I went back to the previous saved version...      I also saved different stages when doing PAPs, so that if I made a mistake I didn't have to start from the beginning.
I hope you'll have the time to do the "try mode", I know you have lots of items in the list, but that is just a very good sign, isn't it?  :)
Thanks for all your work!
Shiron

(in reply to dave)
Post #: 27
RE: Hashi Interactive Now Available - 9/3/2008 3:04:58 PM   
dave

Hi Denise

Yes, I see exactly what you mean. This happens very frequently too, I just never came across it myself (hmmm... I must be getting pretty good at Hashi, LOL).

Thank you very much, and we'll forward this to the S/W guys.

Thanks, Dave

(in reply to dmcadam)
Post #: 28
RE: Hashi Interactive Now Available - 9/3/2008 3:07:42 PM   
dave

Hi Shiron

Yes, I guess it's a good sign indeed that we're loaded with work:)

About your comment, I guess you can still use this method here, but saving just before trying, and then saving again if the try is good, or closing the puzzle if the try is bad. Could this work for you as a workaround in the mean time?

Thanks, Dave

(in reply to shiron)
Post #: 29
RE: Hashi Interactive Now Available - 9/3/2008 10:04:56 PM   
shiron

Dave, I'll try it.
By the way, what do you think of my other ideas?

quote:

ORIGINAL: shiron

I thought a nice optional feature  for Hashi (at least for those of us that are learning ) would  be to be able to see each group of islands that are joined together in  a different colour and whenever two of these groups merge they get one colour...so at the end you have to get only one colour in the solution. I don't know if it is difficult to program such a feature, but if it is not I'd love to use it!

what I'm suggesting is [...] seing the whole picture at once in a colourful way. I know I'm "childrens' puzzles oriented" but I think that would make a good step for making it easier visualizing the problem in a better way.

Another idea I had today as I got stucked (I'm trying to solve a hard one for the first time) was: could it be possible to give a "hint" - not the answer but something like " look at THIS island and think..." (by making an island flash or colouring it or pointing to it any other way) so that you can go on solving whenever you get stuck-that is another beautiful way to learn in my opinion.

Thanks, Shiron

< Message edited by shiron -- 9/3/2008 10:10:49 PM >

(in reply to shiron)
Post #: 30
RE: Hashi Interactive Now Available - 9/4/2008 8:56:07 PM   
dave

Hi Shiron

You bring up two ideas. The first one is interesting, but this isn't the kind of direction we want to go in. From our experience, using multiple colors as well as showing highlights on top of the colors, can lead to problems. As for the second idea, adding such a feature requires a whole solving algorithm to determine which is the next logically solvable step. So again this is all a matter of time and resources...

Thanks, Dave

(in reply to shiron)
Post #: 31
RE: Hashi Interactive Now Available - 9/7/2008 5:55:17 PM   
shiron

Hello again!
I think there is a problem with HASHI solutions: if you click on the eye to see the solution it works fine, but when you print the puzzle solution it is not complete.
Shiron

(in reply to dave)
Post #: 32
RE: Hashi Interactive Now Available - 9/7/2008 11:12:19 PM   
dave

Hi Shiron

Can you please explain more? I tried printing a solution and had no problem. Is it possible you printed the Current state?

Thanks, Dave

(in reply to shiron)
Post #: 33
RE: Hashi Interactive Now Available - 9/8/2008 8:12:55 AM   
shiron

Dave, I saw the problem a couple of times. For example yesterday I printed the solution of the hard hashi (I didn't start solving it) and in the printed version you see only part of the bridges.  Ups! I tried it today again and it printed ok...I have no idea why there was a problem before but I'll tell you if it happens again.
Shiron

(in reply to dave)
Post #: 34
RE: Hashi Interactive Now Available - 9/8/2008 3:50:40 PM   
dave

Hi Shiron

Yes, please let us know if it happens again, and how we can replicate it.

Thanks, Dave

(in reply to shiron)
Post #: 35
RE: Hashi Interactive Now Available - 9/9/2008 10:08:46 AM   
janetm1000

YAY!!! finally!!! thanks!! and i'm liking online battleship more than the on paper vesion, too!!!

by the way in the last few months i have been around the net looking for more online hashi and this one is REALLY neat in terms of features and so easy to use! good job!!

i see the check feature has been mentioned already. i only went through the resposes real quick and i might have missed it, but another thing that i wouldnt mind, is if we could zoom out a bit more. the bigger hashi puzzles cant be zoomed out enough to fit on my screen (14") and i mean the bubbles really are big enough to zoom out more without having to squint!

also another request: I WANT MORE!!!!!!!! it's only tuesday and i finished all my weekly hashi as well as all the sample puzzles! lol...

must. have. more hashi. lol

(in reply to dave)
Post #: 36
RE: Hashi Interactive Now Available - 9/9/2008 4:58:11 PM   
dave

Hi janetm1000

Yes, we can probably add another zoom-out level. We'll check it out first. We also plan to change the puzzle orientation from portrait to landscape. This will allow much better use of the screen proportions. Hashi are my favorite too, and I've also done then all this week... we'll look into having more when we move to paid content.

Thanks, Dave

(in reply to janetm1000)
Post #: 37
RE: Hashi Interactive Now Available - 9/9/2008 5:01:52 PM   
janetm1000

quote:

ORIGINAL: dave

We also plan to change the puzzle orientation from portrait to landscape.

that's a good idea! can't wait!!! :)

(in reply to dave)
Post #: 38
RE: Hashi Interactive Now Available - 9/11/2008 4:06:28 PM   
sharonella

I second that motion!  I prefer to solve Hashi online now & having the grid wider rather than long is a GREAT idea!

Sha

(in reply to janetm1000)
Post #: 39
RE: Hashi Interactive Now Available - 9/11/2008 6:19:14 PM   
mel385

Cool Hashi and Battleships are interactive now

Is was wondering if also Maze-a-pix and/or Dot-a-pix will become interactive? Does someone know?

Mel

(in reply to sharonella)
Post #: 40
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> Fresh Supplies >> RE: Hashi Interactive Now Available Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts