Conceptis Forums

Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List 

how to find more PAP's

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> Fresh Supplies >> how to find more PAP's Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
how to find more PAP's - 7/17/2008 9:20:21 PM   
karatemom965

Just wondering if anyone can help me find more PAP's. I finally got addicted to them and need more
Post #: 1
RE: how to find more PAP's - 7/18/2008 5:01:21 PM   
Cyclone

Every week, there are four new ones here.  But internationally, you'll find magazines in almost every country with PAPs more than any other type of picture puzzle.  You can find magazines to subscribe to somewhere on the site (haven't explored that on the new site yet), or I'm sure other forumers can provide links to sites as well.

Maybe someone can share some puzzles with you as well...though we currently cannot provide an archive of puzzles (and I doubt ever will be able to).

There will also be subscription services later on the new site...when that comes, you can obtain and solve numerous new puzzles that you get only by subscribing.  I presume they'd be iin My Conceptis with the other free puzzles,  but that hasn't been sorted out yet.

Cyclone

(in reply to karatemom965)
Post #: 2
RE: how to find more PAP's - 7/19/2008 7:35:00 AM   
sharonella

Here are three PAP books by Conceptis, published by Sterling - the first two are out of print - don't pay the exhorbitant prices shown here, they may be available for less elsewhere.  I only included the links so you could see the covers & recognize them if you see them in a bookstore somewhere.  I own both these books and enjoyed them immensely.

http://www.amazon.com/Mind-Sharpening-Pixel-Puzzles-Challenges-Logical/dp/0806922907/ref=sr_1_24?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1216447888&sr=1-24 

http://www.amazon.com/Perplexing-Pixel-Puzzles-Challenges-Logical/dp/0806936452/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1216448050&sr=1-6

The following is actually a compilation of the previous two books that Sterling published, to take advantage of the Sudoku craze I guess.  If you can't find copies of the first two - this one is readily available.

http://www.amazon.com/Paint-doku-Puzzles-Conceptis/dp/1402745087/ref=pd_sim_b_1

There are many magazines published around the world that contain Conceptis magazains, and you can subscribe to.  Look under products under info.... http://www.conceptispuzzles.com/index.aspx?uri=info

Also GAMES Magazine & GAMES World of Puzzles (WoP) regularly publish PAPs & other Conceptis magazines - in fact the Sept 08 WoP has LOTS of Conceptis puzzles.  See here for more details.  http://www.conceptispuzzles.com/index.aspx?uri=info  I subscribe to both these magazines, since they are tough to find in the newsstands.

welcome to the fun that is Addiction to Conceptis!!!!

Sha

< Message edited by sharonella -- 7/19/2008 7:36:58 AM >

Post #: 3
RE: how to find more PAP's - 7/21/2008 6:18:41 AM   
jhitchin

Hey, karatemom. Depending on where you are in the US, you may bea ble to get Japanese puzzle magazines such as Logic Paradise, Oekaki Mate or Paint Logic which are almost all PAP's. This subject gets discussed regularly on the boards here, so please feel free to ask about these magazines and how to obtain them.

Jeff

(in reply to sharonella)
Post #: 4
RE: how to find more PAP's - 8/5/2008 12:31:30 PM   
karatemom965

Thank you all for your help. I know a while ago I was able to get a link that would take me to huge batches of puzzles. Is this not allowed anymore? I guess it would take away from the site a bit. Thanks again.

(in reply to jhitchin)
Post #: 5
RE: how to find more PAP's - 8/6/2008 12:20:03 AM   
sharonella

Hi karatemom -

We can freely give out website addresses to other sites here , but to share those previous "private files" of puzzles was stopped because, while many were free Conceptis puzzles (which is OK to share here), many others were from all sorts of different puzzle websites, including some scans people had made from magazines (that were not created by Conceptis).  

It was the sharing of those puzzles from other sources that could possibly violate copyright laws.  So Conceptis had to tell members they couldn't share their mixed collections publicly here in the forums. 

Sha

Post #: 6
RE: how to find more PAP's - 8/12/2008 1:11:16 PM   
joatmon

I live in the midwest and can ocassionally find some magazines at the local grocery chains (Kroger's and Meijers to name two) that have B&W PBNs.   

For online sites, Conceptis and griddlers.net are the only ones worth going to in my opinion.

If you like colored puzzles, BigFlyGames (http://bigflygames.com/) is the only place I have had any luck.  They have a nice book which I purchased some time ago, and it gave me hours of enjoyment for something that wasn't online.  Easily worth the price!

(in reply to sharonella)
Post #: 7
RE: how to find more PAP's - 9/1/2008 12:23:36 AM   
Lazycat

For more PAPs, check out www.griddlers.net. There are thousands and thousands PAPs, only they are called griddlers there. You can solve them all online and save a small number (3 or 5) after registering. However, you will only have to save the puzzles in progress, since solved pictures are saved automatically.

I especially like the so-called multi griddlers, which consist of up to 100 PAPs with 50x50 squares each, and result in truly beautiful pictures.

Consider that you will have to readjust to the solving tool on www.griddlers.net, since it works a little bit different from the conceptis one.

Overall, I have spent hours and hours on that page, solving griddlers and marvelling at the resulting pictures.

Post #: 8
RE: how to find more PAP's - 9/1/2008 5:29:15 AM   
lekahe

Regarding colour PAPs, Puzzler (UK) is currently selling old PAP books downloadable in pdf. The link to 4 Conceptis puzzle books is here
In the downloadable Puzzles section you can also find old issues of FAP and LAP magazines.

As I have said somewhere before, griddlers.net can be good in withdrawal symptoms, but the quality on their pages is very varying.

I joined both Conceptis and Griddlers 3 years ago and Conceptis got me hooked. I sometimes visit Griddlers but every time I have left in the middle of solving a puzzle wondering why I even bothered. Printing puzzles and saving on their new applet does involve paying for a subscription.

Leena

(in reply to Lazycat)
Post #: 9
RE: how to find more PAP's - 9/1/2008 1:22:53 PM   
Cyclone

I found new PAPs in Quebec!  French magazines get released there, and LogiImage has a home.  Too bad aboiut the rest of Canada...

Cyclone

(in reply to lekahe)
Post #: 10
RE: how to find more PAP's - 9/5/2008 2:32:12 PM   
karatemom965

Sorry, I haven't been back on in a while. Thank you so much for your response. In the mean time I did figure out how to access those sites, without anyone sharing them again.

Thanks again

Jen

(in reply to sharonella)
Post #: 11
RE: how to find more PAP's - 9/6/2008 11:49:16 AM   
jhitchin

quote:

I found new PAPs in Quebec!  French magazines get released there, and LogiImage has a home.  Too bad aboiut the rest of Canada...

Cyclone

Tell me about it! Every time I'm in Vancouver, I check Chapters and any newsagents I can find but to no avail. *sniff*

Jeff

(in reply to Cyclone)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> Fresh Supplies >> how to find more PAP's Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts