Conceptis Forums

Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List 

Interesting FAP variation

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> The Puzzle Room >> Interesting FAP variation Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Interesting FAP variation - 12/1/2006 11:30:11 PM   
emach

FAPs are my favorite of the picture puzzles here and I was happy to find this new twist at http://krispixton.com/PrismaPix/. The puzzles are multilayered and the finished product is a photograph.
Post #: 1
RE: Interesting FAP variation - 12/2/2006 2:35:10 AM   
lrn2spl

I'm going to try the demo to this one. I also see they have one for lap lovers http://krispixton.com/PathPix/ and one for the maze and jigsaw maniacs http://krispixton.com/LOOPical/ plus others.

I'll be trying these too. Thanks emach.

Tina

(in reply to emach)
Post #: 2
RE: Interesting FAP variation - 12/2/2006 2:57:44 AM   
shiron

I tried the FAPS-interesting! The idea of the multilayered puzzle is great. Still when you solve the conceptis puzzles you make the picture-here you only get a general color...but it's nice. I saw there other puzzles including "link a pix" and others-I'll check them too. Thanks for the link
Shiron

(in reply to emach)
Post #: 3
RE: Interesting FAP variation - 12/2/2006 11:07:13 AM   
emach

I'm very happy to share my find of the website.

Shiron brings up an interesting point. It's true you don't get a picture the same way, but you still are 'rewarded' with a picture for finishing. Since delving more into the Nikoli puzzles such as Heyewake and Masyu (which don't make pictures) the picture has become for me secondary to the fun in solving the puzzle. I usually prefer doing puzzles on paper rather than computer, but I just don't get tired of doing FAPs any way they come.

(in reply to emach)
Post #: 4
RE: Interesting FAP variation - 12/7/2006 7:40:58 PM   
Cyclone

Now THAT is a variation Conceptis should investigate.

Cyclone

(in reply to emach)
Post #: 5
RE: Interesting FAP variation - 12/12/2006 2:47:54 AM   
shiron

I've been playing with the prismapix-I really enjoy it. I think it can also be used as a kind of "tutorial" for those who want to learn and improve their skills in advanced logic. This is what I suggest: Play in the hard level. When you don't see the next step (but their is still what to do in that colour), instead of searching for other clue in other colour (that's easier) use a hint. It shows you where the next step is and then you learn the strategy. Go on until there is nothing to do in that colour and then switch colours. At first I thought that using the hint is like "cheating" but actually you can use it to learn. Now I find myself solving without hints better than before, that means there's been a process of learning.
I hope you'll enjoy and learn as I did!
Shiron.

(in reply to emach)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> The Puzzle Room >> Interesting FAP variation Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts