- Start with the rows and columns which contain only water.
- Continue with the rows and columns containing the highest number of ship segments.
- In many cases, a new ship segment is directly followed by several water segments.
- When stuck, try to eliminate possibilities by checking where the longer ships can not fit in.
- Always double check before placing a ship or a water segment.
- Never guess! Only make moves based on logical deductions.
Note: There is only one unique solution for each puzzle.
When solving on paper
- Use a soft erasable pencil and a high quality eraser.
When playing on a computer
- Use Preferences options in toolbar for a better personal playing experience.
- Drag mouse to fill squares faster.
- All empty squares in a row or column may be filled with water by clicking the number on the side or on the bottom of the grid.