Conceptis Forums

Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List 

What's going to happen next year?

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> Technical Support >> What's going to happen next year? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What's going to happen next year? - 6/22/2019 4:46:23 PM   
xtertristl

Hey all I've been solving puzzles here for 3 years now and I'm curious what's going to happen next year when flash player is discontinued? Will I have to use an insecure version of flash to continue playing my puzzles? Have the developers mentioned updating the puzzles to a different system. I'm curious about the future of Conceptis Puzzles in 2020.
Post #: 1
RE: What's going to happen next year? - 6/22/2019 8:45:06 PM   
Admin

We are developing an HTML5 version of all the games, and hope to update the website before the end of this year. This will allow our members to continue enjoying solving puzzles after Flash is deprecated.

(in reply to xtertristl)
Post #: 2
RE: What's going to happen next year? - 6/26/2019 7:21:41 PM   
xtertristl

Thanks for the information I'm excited that plans are in progress to move away from flash

(in reply to Admin)
Post #: 3
RE: What's going to happen next year? - 7/13/2019 2:57:02 AM   
meepbobeep

That's great news re: HTML5. I came in here to ask this very question re: Flash.

I've been around doing Conceptis puzzles (though, originally, PDFs I printed out) for over 20 years! Heck, I believe I started back in 1994, through Games Magazine! I was feeling sad if I couldn't keep playing here...

(in reply to xtertristl)
Post #: 4
RE: What's going to happen next year? - 7/29/2019 10:07:17 PM   
rlnonay

Hopefully sooner rather than later - I can't get flash to work in anything except firefox now.

We need a solution ASAP...

(in reply to meepbobeep)
Post #: 5
RE: What's going to happen next year? - 8/10/2019 2:19:48 PM   
chaosmanor

quote:

Hopefully sooner rather than later - I can't get flash to work in anything except firefox now.

We need a solution ASAP...

FWIW, Flash still works in Chrome, but many websites, including Conceptis, ask for permission to run it. This is annoying, but I've gotten used to it.

I'm glad to see that there are plans in the works to upgrade things here. Thanks!

(in reply to rlnonay)
Post #: 6
RE: What's going to happen next year? - 8/10/2019 4:57:09 PM   
Talihoe

Flash works for me in Edge and in Opera, but I have to give permission to allow flash to run each time I open the browsers. Like chaosmanor says, it's annoying, but it is what it is until the new changes are implemented. Firefox no longer works for me. It comes up with flash active but the puzzles do quirky things and it doesn't work correctly.

(in reply to rlnonay)
Post #: 7
RE: What's going to happen next year? - 8/10/2019 7:54:03 PM   
dave

This link https://enableflashplayer.com/ provides some helpful information for all browsers in case you have problems running Flash. We are doing our best to switch our website from Flash to HTML5 as soon as possible

Thanks, Dave

(in reply to Talihoe)
Post #: 8
RE: What's going to happen next year? - 8/13/2019 7:49:24 PM   
Ahlyis

Flash works just fine for me in Chrome. No asking permissions or any other problems!

Of course, that is probably because the computer I am using is running Windows XP which is no longer supported by Chrome which means my Chrome is an older version from before the Flash permissions were implemented and will remain so until this computer dies. :)

(in reply to dave)
Post #: 9
RE: What's going to happen next year? - 8/14/2019 3:06:23 AM   
auntof6

Will old games be converted (that's a lot of games!), or will it just be new ones that come out? In other words, do I need to hurry up and play all the games I already bought?

(in reply to Ahlyis)
Post #: 10
RE: What's going to happen next year? - 8/14/2019 10:35:11 PM   
CharleneTX

quote:

ORIGINAL: Talihoe

Flash works for me in Edge and in Opera, but I have to give permission to allow flash to run each time I open the browsers. Like chaosmanor says, it's annoying, but it is what it is until the new changes are implemented. Firefox no longer works for me. It comes up with flash active but the puzzles do quirky things and it doesn't work correctly.

Firefox, Flash, and Conceptis don't play well together on my Windows 10 laptop, but it still works fine on my Windows 7 desktop.

(in reply to Talihoe)
Post #: 11
RE: What's going to happen next year? - 8/17/2019 5:36:28 PM   
Admin

When the new HTML5 games replace Flash, everything will continue working just like before. You will be able to play (or re-play) any puzzles you purchased in the past. In fact, some of you might not even notice that you are playing the games in HTML5 because everything will look exactly the same (except you won't see all those annoying warnings).

Thanks, Dave

(in reply to auntof6)
Post #: 12
RE: What's going to happen next year? - 8/28/2019 8:14:44 PM   
rlnonay

quote:

FWIW, Flash still works in Chrome, but many websites, including Conceptis, ask for permission to run it.

While this is true, when I allow Flash to run, it then just gives me an error that flash is out of date. Despite having installed the latest available version...

(in reply to chaosmanor)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> Technical Support >> What's going to happen next year? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode