Conceptis Forums

Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List 

Pic-a-Pix

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> Puzzle Visions >> Pic-a-Pix Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Pic-a-Pix - 5/2/2014 4:45:29 AM   
debic440

It is very disappointing when you finish a medium or medium plus puzzle, and the resulting picture is ugly because the colored cells are very sparse and the objects are only outlined. The quality of your Pic-a-Pix puzzles has seriously declined lately.

Have you ever considered making some of the medium and medium plus puzzles in smaller sizes? It seems that the good puzzles only come in the larger sizes. I have difficulty with the larger puzzles because I have to constantly scroll back and forth on the page to finish the far right and bottom rows. It would really be great if we were able to freeze the clue column and row so that they would not move when we scroll up and down and back and forth (like ExCel). Hard and very hard puzzles would be great in smaller sizes, too.
Post #: 1
RE: Pic-a-Pix - 5/4/2014 8:32:24 AM   
dave

The difficulty and the solving-interest of Pic-a-Pix puzzles directly depends on the content of the picture. The more solid areas the picture contains, the easier and more boring the puzzle becomes. Due to many user requests for challenging puzzles we are now providing more puzzles with the sparse color cells you describe. We are trying our best to make the picture beautiful, but there is a compromise if we want the puzzles to be hard.

This is also the reason why it's not possible to make smaller puzzles medium or medium-plus. There are not enough cells in a line to create those challenging logic combinations.

Thanks, Dave

(in reply to debic440)
Post #: 2
RE: Pic-a-Pix - 5/7/2014 6:42:18 PM   
debic440

The more solid the picture is the more boring it is? Usually the "solid" areas are actually filled with several different colors, which keeps things interesting. Can you at least find a way to read the clues from all four sides of the puzzle so we don't have to constantly scroll back and forth on the bigger puzzles?

(in reply to dave)
Post #: 3
RE: Pic-a-Pix - 5/28/2014 1:44:14 AM   
Cyberkashi

I also would like to see more Pic-a-Pix Difficult-Very Difficult puzzles with more detail and less outlining.

Another feature I would like to see added to both the color and the B&W puzzles is 1-2 marker colors (preferably 2) that are not included in the color palette for the puzzle. I often find it helpful on the harder puzzles to "mark" a section of the puzzle with all the potentials for a specific color (somewhat similar to marking a Sudoku puzzle grid with a possible number). Right now, I use the existing color palette to do this, which can get very confusing. By having two additional colors available for marking, the user could solve for two different areas of the puzzle at the same time.

(in reply to debic440)
Post #: 4
RE: Pic-a-Pix - 5/30/2014 10:55:08 PM   
dave

We have a similar feature in our Flash online Pic-a-Pix games, which enables users to mark squares. However, we never got to implementing it on the iPhone/iPad apps yet. Hopefully after we start releasing our Android apps we will have the resources to do this.

Thanks, Dave

(in reply to Cyberkashi)
Post #: 5
RE: Pic-a-Pix - 6/3/2014 8:10:27 PM   
KathKat449

Oh, my, I'd really like to try a color PAP with the numbers on all sides! Part of the "challenge" is the fact
the numbers 'hide' in the uneven edges (old eyes). It would be so much easier to be able to quickly start all
4 edges. The negatives - marking off and bigger print area. Still, it would be choice !

(in reply to debic440)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> Puzzle Visions >> Pic-a-Pix Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote