Conceptis Forums

Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List 

I would really like to see...

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> Puzzle Visions >> I would really like to see... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
I would really like to see... - 1/24/2014 2:17:41 AM   
chaosmanor

a way for us to sort our solved pictures.

Currently, I have a stack of over 200 solved Pic-A-Pix pictures, plus hundreds of other types. It is *really* time-consuming, and boring, to go through all of them at nine pictures a page. I would really like it if we had some options...

Sort by size, by B&W vs color, by difficulty, even by date published.

I would also love to be able to sort by general subject (humans, animals, architecture, etc), but we had this discussion several years ago, and nothing ever came of the idea of giving general labels to the puzzles so that we had some kind of idea what we were buying.

So, any chance that you folks might be willing to do something along this line? I know that it is feasible, and not all that hard to code, as many websites that have costumer options offer sorting.

Thanks for your consideration
Post #: 1
RE: I would really like to see... - 1/24/2014 5:54:44 AM   
CharleneTX

quote:

ORIGINAL: chaosmanor

Sort by size, by B&W vs color, by difficulty, even by date published.

You can currently filter by variant (B&W, etc.), difficulty, and size. Does this not work for you?

--Charlene

(in reply to chaosmanor)
Post #: 2
RE: I would really like to see... - 1/24/2014 3:05:14 PM   
Talihoe

The ability to enter a specific ID # would be nice. There are times when someone recommends a puzzle that is particularly well done. I like to check them out but it can be a challenge to find it particularly if it's an older puzzle. You may not know the week it was published, whether it's new and you haven't worked it, whether you've solved it or whether it's one you haven't purchased. Even using the filters may not narrow the selection enough, I may not have enough information to make them useful.

What would be helpful would be the option to view the list of puzzles by ID #. Currently they are either in order by published date or date solved. So if you have many pages to wade through it can be time consuming to search for a specific ID #.

Patti

(in reply to chaosmanor)
Post #: 3
RE: I would really like to see... - 1/25/2014 1:01:48 AM   
dave

There is a workaround to do this. Simply click the "Info" link of any puzzle and then modify the URL according to the ID of the puzzle you are looking for. Not ideal, but really easy once you get used to it.

Thanks, Dave

(in reply to Talihoe)
Post #: 4
RE: I would really like to see... - 1/25/2014 3:39:34 AM   
Talihoe

Thank you for the tip. It's so simple, I wish I'd thought of it myself a long time ago!

Patti

(in reply to dave)
Post #: 5
RE: I would really like to see... - 2/21/2014 7:53:07 PM   
rlccmb

I would LOVE to see your mobile apps for something other than iphones! A lot of folks don't drink the koolade and have google phones. Any chance you are going to show us some love?

(in reply to chaosmanor)
Post #: 6
RE: I would really like to see... - 2/21/2014 11:22:21 PM   
dave

Hi rlccmb

We're working on this diligently, though we can't yet say when the first app (probably Fill-a-Pix) will be released. Turns out that Android development environment is not nearly as friendly as iOS...

Thanks, Dave

(in reply to rlccmb)
Post #: 7
RE: I would really like to see... - 2/22/2014 9:27:28 PM   
rlccmb

<sigh> I will try to be patient a bit longer. Until then I'll just have to get by the the puzzles on here.

BTW, totally in love with the new tic-tac-logic puzzles. Only problem is I have no will power so they only last me about a half hour.

Radonna

(in reply to dave)
Post #: 8
RE: I would really like to see... - 3/18/2014 2:12:07 PM   
KathKat449

OK, so the title of this thread is, like, my wish ... so ...

I would really like to see larger Fill-A-Pix to fit on 11x17 paper
(all mega puzzles fit nice)
even if it means taking a smaller but very hard puzzle and just padding the perimeter.

OK, I know this is the digital era. I have an iPhone5 and a Mac laptop
but it is more relaxing to use paper on Fill-A-Pix and B&W Pic-A-Pix
(think: bedtime story time) These are how I unwind

Thanks for the puzzles we do have

(in reply to rlccmb)
Post #: 9
RE: I would really like to see... - 3/18/2014 11:28:51 PM   
dave

We're in the process of creating PDF books with Mega puzzles, which will be purchasable from our online Book Store. Each puzzle in these books will consist of 2 pages, which users will need to cut and paste together. First book we're working on is Pic-a-Pix with puzzles of 100x60, and next books will be Fill-a-Pix and Link-a-Pix.

Thanks, Dave

(in reply to KathKat449)
Post #: 10
RE: I would really like to see... - 3/19/2014 4:18:08 AM   
Cyclone

Hi Dave, long time no see. Any chance the Hero LAP puzzles will make their way into a PDF book? I don't use (and likely never will use unless I borrow from a family member due to cost) Apple devices and will otherwise never be able to see that set.

Also, sorting weeklies by puzzle ID# seems feasible; this is something that I'd like to see. Personally, I'm doing an Excel sheet of all picture puzzles (including those released as review puzzles or before May 9, 2008, including the original set for that date - I have it - that got replaced with a new one). Down to just all FAPs and some DAPs to catalog and it's ready to go. Don't even have to buy them all for this kind of cataloging, which is good; it'll be a while before I can start buying puzzles again unless I catch a financial break somewhere (hey, 2010 and 2011 are done at least, and I don't have to buy anything else in 2008 or 2009). It will also indicate which puzzles have NEVER been released and would be nice to see Conceptis put in the weeklies for completion purposes.

I can also e-mail this to you, Dave, if you're interested (once it's done, that is; FAPs will take at least a couple of days - since I go in spurts - and I'll update the next week or two into it as well for all types).

(in reply to dave)
Post #: 11
RE: I would really like to see... - 3/19/2014 10:05:02 PM   
dave

Hi Cyclone

By "Hero Lap puzzles" you mean the Japanese Anime? Interesting idea to provide them in PDF books. We supplied these puzzles to one of our publishers in Japan so we need their approval to publish as PDF books.
About the rest - thanks, but we don't have any need for this.

Thanks, Dave

(in reply to Cyclone)
Post #: 12
RE: I would really like to see... - 3/20/2014 12:00:30 AM   
Cyclone

No, the "hero" puzzles I meant are the package that includes Spiderman and others, which is Apple-exclusive. Though we might be talking about the same thing.

The spreadsheet I was talking about was something I might post for user reference in case they're looking through their own collections for missing puzzles. I know you don't need it, but it does provide me some information on puzzles that haven't been published - even before the new site during 2008 (obviously the earliest ten-digit puzzles of most types came then).

< Message edited by Cyclone -- 3/20/2014 12:32:09 AM >

(in reply to dave)
Post #: 13
RE: I would really like to see... - 3/20/2014 5:31:56 PM   
dave

Oh, you're referring to the iOS volume "Famous Movies". Still interesting idea providing some iOS volumes in PDF book format. I'm sure some of our fans will enjoy the pen & paper option.

Thanks, Dave

(in reply to Cyclone)
Post #: 14
RE: I would really like to see... - 3/21/2014 8:19:59 PM   
KathKat449

Pic-A-Pix on 2 pages ??? ... Old eyes can hardly follow lines as it is.
cut and paste ??? NO WAY.
Make that PDF merge the 2 pages for 11x17 printing (or scrollable on screens).
You get the idea I just vented frustration ?

Wait -- we already do 1100x60 Pic-A-Pix -- which are GREAT THE WAY THEY ARE

Maybe you could help me understand what I hope I've misunderstood

P.S. of 04 02 2014:
I just bought one of the PDF books -- its not so scary after all !
These one-pagers printed fine !
So, as Cyclone says, I look forward to learning about this SOFTWARE
that some of us will want with the new Pic-A-Pix mega puzzles PDF book !

< Message edited by KathKat449 -- 4/2/2014 4:02:28 PM >

(in reply to dave)
Post #: 15
RE: I would really like to see... - 3/22/2014 3:12:33 AM   
Cyclone

I think KathKat449 knows that, for PDF books, to print on letter or A4(?) paper would make the grid too small. Personally, I also prefer the single page format; I actually have legal paper I can print on and want to do them like that if I buy them, and would like to see both book options available under the same purchase if that can be done. At the same time, I have external software (I know, Dave, that you know what that is since I was here when its discussion was popular here) and can convert them through that, thus allowing me to print on whatever kind of page I want as a single page. So for that reason, I'm not fussy about how it appears.

That said, I will note that I agree that a two-page format is cumbersome for printing on paper (downright frustrating when you have to basically glue two pages together; I don't keep a glue stick) and I have a few older PDFs I'd like to return to a single page and set as printable on legal paper (Mega PAPs, 0129-series SAPs, large LAPs, large MAPs - forget FAPs, don't care much for them any longer), but cannot because they were before October 2009, when puzzle purchasing began, and I refuse to buy all of the other weeks given I already have - well - all of the puzzles from those weeks. Makes no financial sense, see. Would be nice to fix the odd Mega file or be able to make them all the same orientation/paper, though.

< Message edited by Cyclone -- 3/22/2014 3:18:17 AM >

(in reply to KathKat449)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> Puzzle Visions >> I would really like to see... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts