Conceptis Forums

Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List 

Fill-a-Pix tips guide

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> Puzzle Support >> Fill-a-Pix tips guide Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Fill-a-Pix tips guide - 3/3/2013 4:36:58 PM   
quantumpanda

I have, over the last several months, been spending more time working Fill-a-Pix puzzles than all other Conceptis puzzle types combined. I love the Advanced Logic ones, which are frequently a real challenge of my reasoning skills.

As I've been working these puzzles, I have amassed a set of heuristics, basic solving principles, that I use to make the solving process smoother. (I am saddled with poor working memory for numbers, so anything that reduces the number of things I have to keep active in my mind at once is a great benefit to me.) It recently occurred to me that others here might find these tips valuable.

If I were to write these techniques into an Advanced Logic Fill-a-Pix Solving Guide, would people here be interested in my posting it here?
Post #: 1
RE: Fill-a-Pix tips guide - 3/4/2013 3:56:18 PM   
dave

If you write a guide for solving FAP puzzles it might be interesting to publish in our Articles section or even in the Techniques section, like we did for PAP here: http://www.conceptispuzzles.com/index.aspx?uri=puzzle/pic-a-pix/techniques

Thanks, Dave

(in reply to quantumpanda)
Post #: 2
RE: Fill-a-Pix tips guide - 3/28/2013 2:41:18 AM   
kaffers

I would love for you to post a guide to solving Advanced Logic Fill a Pix puzzles! Sometimes it drives me bonkers trying to find a clue - there must be an easier way!

(in reply to dave)
Post #: 3
RE: Fill-a-Pix tips guide - 4/3/2013 3:47:31 AM   
quantumpanda

Thanks for the encouragement. Now that my large spring project is past, I can devote some time to this. I'll post here once I have something relatively coherent.

(in reply to kaffers)
Post #: 4
RE: Fill-a-Pix tips guide - 5/13/2013 3:59:26 AM   
lizzzz

Yes... please, please, please, write some tips and techniques! It's such a great game and would keep me going longer.

Post #: 5
RE: Fill-a-Pix tips guide - 7/19/2013 5:29:44 PM   
pwright

I would love an advanced fill a pix guide - i'm great with basic logic but for some reason always get suck when i try an advance puzzle - i would love some tips to help me move on to these harder puzzles. Thank you :)

(in reply to lizzzz)
Post #: 6
RE: Fill-a-Pix tips guide - 8/16/2013 1:21:20 AM   
Johnsonjenniferj

Someone please explain or give an example of how to do an advanced fill a pix puzzle? I'm not getting the hang of it for some reason, and the example in the "help" section is confusing me. Thanks! Jen

Post #: 7
RE: Fill-a-Pix tips guide - 8/16/2013 6:28:26 AM   
CharleneTX

When you get stuck on one, you can post a screenshot of your progress in the forum and folks will try to explain your next move(s).

--Charlene

(in reply to Johnsonjenniferj)
Post #: 8
RE: Fill-a-Pix tips guide - 8/17/2013 2:05:38 PM   
Feidhlim

There's a Conceptis channel on Youtube with video tutorials. Perhaps someone could create an Advanced FAP techniques video and upload it. I should think it's pretty difficult trying to write instructions clearly, and fair play to Quantumpanda for having a go, but maybe a video demonstration would be easier - point the camera at the screen and talk us through the steps as you solve a puzzle, maybe, like some of my "Minecraft" friends do.

(in reply to CharleneTX)
Post #: 9
RE: Fill-a-Pix tips guide - 8/17/2013 9:31:14 PM   
kaffers

Fabulous idea Feidhlim! I love it! You hit the nail on the head when you said sometimes it's too difficult to decipher someone's explanation of a puzzle solution. It would be so much better to watch a video instead.

Post #: 10
RE: Fill-a-Pix tips guide - 8/17/2013 9:54:47 PM   
quantumpanda

The video is a great idea, and once my guide is published, I'd love to help someone use my tips to make a video. I'm not likely to do a video of myself, though. I tend to stammer a lot when speaking, unless I'm reciting something from a page or memory, and I generally express myself much better in writing.

Writing instructions clearly is difficult, but I've done quite a bit of technical writing, so I think I'm up to the challenge. Of course, I'll be relying on you folks here to help me by letting me know when something I write in the guide is unclear.

As for an update on the guide itself, it's progressing nicely. I expect to have something worth posting for review within the next week or two.

(in reply to kaffers)
Post #: 11
RE: Fill-a-Pix tips guide - 1/3/2014 1:55:05 AM   
Johnsonjenniferj

quote:

ORIGINAL: quantumpanda

The video is a great idea, and once my guide is published, I'd love to help someone use my tips to make a video. I'm not likely to do a video of myself, though. I tend to stammer a lot when speaking, unless I'm reciting something from a page or memory, and I generally express myself much better in writing.

Writing instructions clearly is difficult, but I've done quite a bit of technical writing, so I think I'm up to the challenge. Of course, I'll be relying on you folks here to help me by letting me know when something I write in the guide is unclear.

As for an update on the guide itself, it's progressing nicely. I expect to have something worth posting for review within the next week or two.

Did you ever get the guide published, quantumpanda??

Post #: 12
RE: Fill-a-Pix tips guide - 1/4/2014 5:02:36 PM   
quantumpanda

quote:

ORIGINAL: Johnsonjenniferj

Did you ever get the guide published, quantumpanda??

::sigh:: No. Life threw me several curves over the autumn. This project has had to take a back burner to other things. I haven't even worked hardly any puzzles here in the last month or two.

I hope to be able to get back to it soon, but I can't promise anything.

(in reply to Johnsonjenniferj)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> Puzzle Support >> Fill-a-Pix tips guide Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts