Conceptis Forums

Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List 

Message to Conceptis Staff

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> Spread the Word >> Message to Conceptis Staff Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Message to Conceptis Staff - 7/20/2011 11:29:17 AM   
Silencebound

This is my E-mail message that I wrote in behalf of the Conceptis Puzzle players to CIP administrators :- ( with 'We Want Prizes' in the Subject word )

Dear Sir, of Conceptis Puzzles,

Hello all the way from Australia. I’m the avid player who made some
solved puzzles from your very site with great ambition.
Well, there is another website directly from Japan with similar puzzle
games especially ‘Pix-A-Pic’ Logic puzzles which each Pix-A-Pic entries
offering some awesome prizes and special gift for outstanding players
which only featured in Japan alone. But why not for international version ??
You too can make it to the forum along with your offering for your players
to obtain the awards and/or prizes similar to that ‘Puzzle Game’ website
from Japan there. I knew that you just cannot obtain such competition
directly from there but why not trying to arrange an eventful Competition
and Ranking listing as well being establishing by your site ? It would be
very worth opportunity ! Let’s go for it just now !
Beside that, I think that you should get a little peek at that Japanese
version of Puzzle Games by visit www.puzzlegame.jp/ and it will giving you
more lesson how to satisfying your Conceptis players with prizes being offered.
It will make more new players who is willing to joining your website for
satisfying fun.
Lets do it and make your day along with it, mate.

Regards from Robert Hoskin ( Silencebound )
( Avid Pix-A-Pic player of ‘Conceptis Puzzle’ )
Post #: 1
RE: Message to Conceptis Staff - 7/20/2011 3:19:27 PM   
izakkay

How does one play this in English?

(in reply to Silencebound)
Post #: 2
RE: Message to Conceptis Staff - 7/22/2011 3:22:24 AM   
Silencebound

No, not you have to play there but Conceptis version ?

(in reply to izakkay)
Post #: 3
RE: Message to Conceptis Staff - 7/22/2011 8:28:50 AM   
lekahe

izakkay, you can't play in English on that site. You can use Google translate to get some of the text to English but you still can't get the text in the buttons translated.

Silencebound,
There are many differences between that one and Conceptis site. That one is from Japan, targeted to Japanese and the gifts are most probably made in Japan.

Conceptis is international and getting expensive gifts from another country could be a problem for most of us. From the European union it would be no problem for me, except for money which will be under my income tax. There is also a gift tax, but it starts from gifts exceeding 4000€. From all the other countries I would have to pay VAT and the customs duty depending on the value of the gift.

Also I think it would add a huge workload to Conceptis. How to draw the winners? Which puzzles have gifts? When does the contest end? What is the address of the winner? Who will take care of the sending? Where do they get the gifts?... I could continue this forever I think. I just can't imagine Conceptis getting so many new players that it would compensate all the work they would need to put all that up and running.

Leena

(in reply to izakkay)
Post #: 4
RE: Message to Conceptis Staff - 7/22/2011 9:48:21 PM   
sharonella

Leena - I agree - trying to offer prizes of any value (other than maybe Conceptis credits) would be a nightmare of logistics, with such an international membership!! Shipping costs & taxes - plus import/export/customs issues - too crazy to consider!

sharonella

(in reply to lekahe)
Post #: 5
RE: Message to Conceptis Staff - 7/22/2011 11:41:35 PM   
dave

Hi Leena and Sharonella

Funny you bring it up, but Gil and I have just been discussing ideas awarding credit prizes to members who help promote Conceptis. You, and any others reading this forum, are welcome to brainstorm together with us. Hmmm... we can already award credits for some suggestions here...

Thanks, Dave

(in reply to sharonella)
Post #: 6
RE: Message to Conceptis Staff - 7/23/2011 2:53:01 AM   
sharonella

Awarding credits for suggestions you use is a fabulous idea!

And I know it takes a lot of you & your staff's time, (and I know I've asked before) but I really wish you could figure out a way to go back to the weekly contest puzzle, where a random person would win a prize - it used to be the T-shirts, but now it could be Conceptis Credits.

That's all I've got for now!

Sha

(in reply to dave)
Post #: 7
RE: Message to Conceptis Staff - 7/23/2011 4:36:35 PM   
Talihoe

I'm with you sharonella,  I miss the weekly review puzzle too.  As beginner when I was first learning all of these different puzzles, the review puzzle forced me to play new types of puzzles I wasn't very familiar with and  also encouraged me to play beyond my difficulty level.  I became more and more determined to increase my profencency level.

Patti

(in reply to sharonella)
Post #: 8
RE: Message to Conceptis Staff - 7/24/2011 3:41:53 AM   
sharonella

I agree Patti - I think a weekly review puzzle will do several things

1. encourage people to try new puzzles and encourage people to try harder levels

2. in the past, weekly puzzles were of varying difficulties - some fairly hard - which would be of interest to many

3. it may encourage people to stick around long enough to make the forums a little more active

4. to encourage more participation - maybe there could be more than 1 random winner of free credits? (5? 10? - but never a number more than 5% of the number of people who tried the weekly review puzzle and answered the survey.)

5. There could also be a rule where - although you can SOLVE the weekly review puzzle every week, and submit your review - you can't be a random winner if you've won in the last 3 months (6 months?) It would allow for more "unique" winners.

just my thoughts

Sharonella

< Message edited by sharonella -- 7/24/2011 7:14:34 PM >

(in reply to Talihoe)
Post #: 9
RE: Message to Conceptis Staff - 7/24/2011 5:08:34 PM   
dave

We're looking for ideas which will promote Conceptis. For example, by bringing many more new visitors. Having the weekly review puzzle is great for existing members but I don't see how it will bring many more new visitors.

Thanks, Dave

(in reply to sharonella)
Post #: 10
RE: Message to Conceptis Staff - 7/24/2011 7:12:58 PM   
sharonella

I think giving current members more reason to try new puzzles is a great idea. And I think some current members may have more reason to send friends to Conceptis for the chance to win one of the weekly prizes of free credits.

Especially - if you make it easy by giving members who complete the weekly review puzzle the opportunity to also "share" via FB the link to the free puzzle after they complete the review.

The opportunity to win free credits may being back some members who don't play weekly any more.

To me, any increase in regular traffic to Conceptis even if - initially - mostly by current members, will result, in the long term, with increased traffic from new members. If there is an increase in how many members visit, there should also be an increase in new members.

Just my opinion - I'm not a marketing person, but it seems commonsense.

Sha

(in reply to dave)
Post #: 11
RE: Message to Conceptis Staff - 7/27/2011 11:18:26 AM   
rmkujawa

I agree with Sharonella - I think encouragement to the current members will help to bring in new members. The "light" versions on Facebook have also been a great opportuntiy for me to recommend your puzzles to other people as well.

Mel

(in reply to sharonella)
Post #: 12
RE: Message to Conceptis Staff - 8/6/2011 4:37:19 PM   
yitmy2

Hmm winning prizes is nice. But I think having a contest maybe once a quarter to determine the puzzle champ in all genres may be a better way to have players sample other areas and try for the brass ring, the gold medal, the blue ribbon so to speak. The prize could be a conceptis publication of their choice or more credits to play here.

(in reply to rmkujawa)
Post #: 13
RE: Message to Conceptis Staff - 8/8/2011 7:58:29 PM   
mariangel

quote:

ORIGINAL: Talihoe

I'm with you sharonella,  I miss the weekly review puzzle too.  As beginner when I was first learning all of these different puzzles, the review puzzle forced me to play new types of puzzles I wasn't very familiar with and  also encouraged me to play beyond my difficulty level.  I became more and more determined to increase my profencency level.

Patti

^Agree with this. I also gave my first try to some of the puzzles when they came up for review.
We want the review puzzle back!

(in reply to Talihoe)
Post #: 14
RE: Message to Conceptis Staff - 8/12/2011 4:55:46 AM   
cjmc917

i agree that adding a competitive element will bring people in.
you want to get ranked higher on a leader board for puzzle type? you have to keep playing (to get better & to up your average), which means you have to buy more puzzles. it's a no-brainer. 

(in reply to yitmy2)
Post #: 15
RE: Message to Conceptis Staff - 10/3/2011 3:21:17 PM   
chaosmanor

A competitive element might make things interesting, but if that is brought in, the "auto-complete" option has got to be turned off to qualify. There is already controversy growing on Facebook over people posting scores that seem idiotically fast, and the auto-complete is at the root of it.

(in reply to cjmc917)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> Spread the Word >> Message to Conceptis Staff Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts