Conceptis Forums

Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List 

Flash Storage Problems with Installed Light Games (offline)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> Technical Support >> Flash Storage Problems with Installed Light Games (offline) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Flash Storage Problems with Installed Light Games (offl... - 4/8/2011 5:40:57 PM   
Talihoe

I've installed the series of Light games on my computer to work offline.  I've worked enough puzzles, which have saved to my computer, that Flash is requesting more storage.  I have www.conceptispuzzles.com set as 1mg, but Light games are apparently not using that storage.  When I try to save I get the following message:

Local Storage

local is requesting permission to store information on your computer.

Requested: up to 1MG
          Currently Used: 100KB

Allow           Deny

I cannot respond to this message.  It freezes and won't accept a response.  The only thing I can do is close the puzzle.

I restarted the Light game then Right-Clicked to access the Local Storage Settings and got this window:

Local Storage

How much information can local store on your computer?

(Current setting)  100KB

Currently used:  100KB

Again, the window freezes and I cannot respond.  The only thing I can do is close the game.

I've installed all of the Light games and have the same problem for all of them.

Patti

--------------------

1. What is your operating system (Windows, Mac OS, Linux, etc)? Windows XP Media Center Edition

2. What is your browser (Internet Explorer, FireFox, Opera, etc.)? Firefox 3.6.16

3. What is your Flash Player version? To determine it, open the page http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/about/ and examine a box titled “Version Information”.  You have version 10,2,153,1 installed

4. Open the page: http://www.conceptispuzzles.com/index.aspx?uri=puzzle/pic-a-pix
Does it look identical to the reference screenshot below? If the not please provide your screenshot.  Yes
Post #: 1
RE: Flash Storage Problems with Installed Light Games (... - 4/10/2011 12:16:21 PM   
igor

Hi Patti,

You can try changing the settings using
Flash Player Settings Manager

In the list of websites select 'local' and move the slider to 1MB. After that click on any other entry in the list (this makes the manager to save the new settings) and close the page.

Hope this helps.

Igor

< Message edited by igor -- 4/10/2011 3:46:22 PM >

(in reply to Talihoe)
Post #: 2
RE: Flash Storage Problems with Installed Light Games (... - 4/10/2011 3:27:36 PM   
Talihoe

Thank you Igor, that did it.  I never dreamed that 'local' would be listed in a list of websites.

Patti

(in reply to igor)
Post #: 3
RE: Flash Storage Problems with Installed Light Games (... - 3/26/2012 9:06:24 PM   
Scurra

I am having the identical problem - the Offline software is asking me for more space.
The problem is that when I open the Flash setting manager there is no slider as illustrated in the pictures shown in the link (on the official Adobe site.) I have updated Flash to the latest version.
So I can't tell it to use more space!

Any ideas?

(in reply to Talihoe)
Post #: 4
RE: Flash Storage Problems with Installed Light Games (... - 3/26/2012 11:56:53 PM   
igor

Are you opening the Flash Player Settings manager by clicking on the link I provided above? If not please click on the link below and Flash Player Settings manager page should open in a browser and the you should see the slider: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html#117717

If that's not your case then please provide the following information:
- What is your OS?
- What is your browser?
- What exactly do you see in Flash Player Settings manager?
- Is your browser zoom level set to 100% or higher?
- Are you an administrative user?

Igor

(in reply to Scurra)
Post #: 5
RE: Flash Storage Problems with Installed Light Games (... - 3/27/2012 8:04:29 PM   
Scurra

Thanks - I hadn't properly registered that the link was to a page that was interactive. It just seems odd that this isn't part of the local Setting Manager you get through using the Control Panel (I'm using Win7.)

(in reply to igor)
Post #: 6
RE: Flash Storage Problems with Installed Light Games (... - 8/8/2012 2:46:45 PM   
fentondeejay

This also worked for me! Thanks.

(in reply to Talihoe)
Post #: 7
RE: Flash Storage Problems with Installed Light Games (... - 5/3/2013 1:50:21 AM   
MrTravisL

I am having the same problem, but when I go to the Flash Player Settings Manager, there is no "local" listed there...

(in reply to fentondeejay)
Post #: 8
RE: Flash Storage Problems with Installed Light Games (... - 5/4/2013 12:15:39 AM   
dave

Hi MrTravisL

Are you opening the Flash Player Settings manager by clicking on the link I provided above? If not please click on the link below and Flash Player Settings manager page should open in a browser and the you should see the slider: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html#117717

If that's not your case then please provide the following information:
- What is your OS?
- What is your browser?
- What exactly do you see in Flash Player Settings manager?
- Is your browser zoom level set to 100% or higher?
- Are you an administrative user?

Thanks, Dave

(in reply to MrTravisL)
Post #: 9
RE: Flash Storage Problems with Installed Light Games (... - 5/5/2013 3:50:46 AM   
MrTravisL

My Operating System is Windows 7
Browser is Google Chrome
What I see is my websites that use Adobe Flash, how much space that website has used, and what the limit is for that website. But no Local
My Zoom is at 100%
Yes I am an Admin User

(in reply to dave)
Post #: 10
RE: Flash Storage Problems with Installed Light Games (... - 5/5/2013 10:16:42 AM   
igor

First of all please try opening the link above in Internet Explorer. If 'local' is still not in the list of websites (note that this list might not be sorted alphabetically) you can try the alternative way:
1. Open C:\Program Files (x86)\Conceptis\<game name> folder.
2. Right-click on a .swf file and select 'Open with' > 'Internet Explorer'.
3. Allow blocked content if requested.
4. Right-click inside the game and select 'Settings...'
5. Select the second tab on the left. You should see the statement 'How much information can local store on your computer' and a slider. Set the slider to 100KB or more.

Hope this helps,
Igor

(in reply to MrTravisL)
Post #: 11
RE: Flash Storage Problems with Installed Light Games (... - 5/5/2013 11:44:21 PM   
MrTravisL

Internet Explorer worked! :D Thank you so much!

(in reply to igor)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> Technical Support >> Flash Storage Problems with Installed Light Games (offline) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts