Utterly stumped on a killer Sum Sudoku. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> Puzzle Support

Ahlyis -> Utterly stumped on a killer Sum Sudoku. (7/1/2020 10:32:24 PM)

I've been staring at this for days, a few minutes at a time, and I cannot find a single number to put in. I don't even have all that many pencil marks really. I believe the pencil marks I have are accurate and could hopefully explain how I arrived at each if necessary, but I just don't see anything else.

What am I missing? Does anyone see anything?

[image]local://152944/F23B7D5887FA4BA9B288E48E6F739CF5.JPG[/image]

Ahlyis -> RE: Utterly stumped on a killer Sum Sudoku. (7/2/2020 1:28:25 AM)

Well, I found something. It's not much, but I can eliminate the 7 as a possibility for the 14 in the bottom right.

If it was a 7, then the far right 33 would also have to be a 7, which would make the far left 12 have to be 5 on top and 7 below. This would put 7's into the 7th and 8th rows, forcing the 7 in the 9th row to be part of the 11. That will not work because any way you organize the 7, 1 and 3 for the 11 will force an impossible situation into row 7, column 6.

Eliminating that 7 reduces the possibilities up and down the right side, but still doesn't lead to any hard numbers.

Still, it is the first progress I've made in days.

Ahlyis -> RE: Utterly stumped on a killer Sum Sudoku. (7/2/2020 4:48:20 PM)

Nevermind. I finally broke it.

Eliminating that 7 let me eliminate the 2 from the top right. That let me eliminate 2 of the numbers from the 20 in the top center. That finally let me eliminate the 2 from the top left and put the 4 in.

With the 4 in it took about another 45 minutes, but I was eventually able to finish the puzzle.

Thanks for anyone that took a look. Perhaps I'll post another seeing as how doing so apparently prompts me to make progress. :)

Page: [1]

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode