free tic-tac logic each week (Full Version)

All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> Technical Support

dmberkley22 -> free tic-tac logic each week (5/26/2013 7:36:01 AM)

When I try to play the free tic-tac logic each week, I get a window that says "You are not allowed to play this puzzle or the puzzle URL is incorrect." Why is this happening, and how can it be fixed?

anna -> RE: free tic-tac logic each week (5/26/2013 10:37:32 AM)

Dear Conceptis User, it looks like you try to play a free puzzle of previous weeks. Please remember, that free puzzles are only available for free during the week of their publication. As said on each Free Puzzle page:
"This puzzle can be played free this week, but all its saved and solved records will be lost when next week's puzzle update takes place. To keep your Saved and Solved records you need to buy this puzzle."
If you keep a free puzzle open in a browser for several days or have book-marked it and try to open it later - you'll get the message as the one you quote.

In any case, before continuing, I suggest you clear your cache.
If you use Internet Explorer, please go to Tools -> Internet options. In General tab press “Delete..” Make sure “Temporary Internet files” is selected and press “Delete”.
If you use Fire Fox, go to Tools -> Options. In “Private” tab click on “clear recent history” and make sure “Cache” is chosen in the small window that opens. Choose Time range as “Everything” and press “Clear now”.

dmberkley22 -> RE: free tic-tac logic each week (5/26/2013 11:59:37 PM)

No, it's not the puzzle of a previous week. It's the puzzle of the current week.

I sure don't want to have to clear my cache in order to play a current week's free puzzle. I hate having to redo all my saved passwords, etc.

It's working today, but it did not work yesterday or Friday, and this has happened the two previous weeks.

dmberkley22 -> RE: free tic-tac logic each week (5/27/2013 12:03:19 AM)

Also, I did not keep a free puzzle open for several days, or book-mark it and try to open it later, or any of the things you suggest. I went to the current week on the Tic-Tac Logic page, and opened the free puzzle for this week, and got that message. It was as simple as that. I know the basics of how to use this website. I've been playing these puzzles for years.

anna -> RE: free tic-tac logic each week (5/27/2013 10:08:57 AM)

The fact this the problem was there and disappeared with no apparent reason suggest that it's a cache problem. If this happens again, please try to open the same puzzle in a different browser.

dmberkley22 -> RE: free tic-tac logic each week (5/27/2013 7:26:12 PM)

OK, I'm getting the message that this isn't a widespread problem, but is instead just happening to me. I'll see what I can do. Thanks.

Page: [1]

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode