- » その他
- » ニュース
- » 30 USA news sites that puzzle America every day
30 USA news sites that puzzle America every day
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Are logic puzzles turning into a popular form of online casual entertainment in the USA? The answer seems to be yes, at least according to a list of 30 regional newspaper and radio station websites in North America now offering 11 interactive logic puzzles to millions of readers every day. The free interactive puzzles are part of a new syndication suite created by Conceptis and distributed by King Features Syndicate, the world's premier content provider to newspapers. The list includes websites of the most well known local newspapers in the USA such as The Times, The Star Ledger, The Tribune and many more. Altogether, the puzzle games are now offered to over 12 million unique readers in the USA each month.
Progressive difficulty levels
Interactive Pic-a-Pix game
Interactive Sudoku game
As previously published by Conceptis, King Features' Interactive puzzles suite consists of 11 daily games including Pic-a-Pix, Sudoku, Kakuro, Battleships, Hashi, CalcuDoku, Mega Sudoku, Diagonal Sudoku, Irregular Sudoku, Multi Sudoku and Sum Sudoku. To spice up the fun and solving experience, the puzzles are served with progressive difficulty levels each day, starting from very easy on Mondays and ending with extremely difficult on the following Sundays.
The Interactive puzzles suite joins the Sudoku and Kakuro print media puzzles which have been offered by King Features and printed by hundreds of newspapers in the USA and across the world each day since the emerging of Sudoku in 2005.
Listed below are 30 of the most prominent newspaper and radio station websites in North America providing the new Interactive puzzles service. The websites are sorted based on their monthly unique user ranking in August, 2009 according to Google AdPlanner.
- Newspapers: The Star-Ledger, The Times, The Jersey Journal, The Express-Times, Gloucester County Times, The News of Cumberland County, Today's Sunbeam, Hunterdon County Democrat, The Reporter, The Warren Reporter, Independent Press, Suburban News and Cranford Chronicle.
- What: News, breaking news, sports weather and more. Founded in 1832, The Star-Ledger is the largest circulated newspaper in the state of New Jersey. Its daily circulation is larger than the next two largest New Jersey newspapers combined. (Wikipedia)
- Where: New Jersey area including Newark, Bridgeton, Jersey City, Gloucester City, Trenton and Salem.
- Readers: 2.8M Monthly uniques
- Home: www.nj.com
- Play: www.nj.com/puzzles-kingdom
- Newspapers: The Plain Dealer and Sun News.
- What: News, breaking news, sports, weather and more. Founded in 1842, The Plain Dealer is the largest circulation newspaper in Ohio and among the top 20 in the USA (Wikipedia).
- Where: Cleveland, Ohio
- Readers: 1.4M Monthly uniques
- Home: www.cleveland.com
- Play: www.cleveland.com/puzzles-kingdom
- Newspapers: BoothMichigan, The Ann Arbor News, The Bay City Times, The Flint Journal, The Grand Rapids Press, Jackson Citizen Patriot, Kalamazoo Gazette, Muskegon Chronicle and The Saginaw News.
- What: News, breaking news, sports, weather and more from all Booth Newspapers and the weekly Advance Newspapers (Wikipedia). The site also includes reports from Lansing, the capital city of Michigan.
- Where: Michigan area including Ann Arbor, Bay City, Flint, Grand Rapids, Jackson, Kalamazoo, Muskegon and Saginaw.
- Readers: 1.3M Monthly uniques
- Home: www.mlive.com
- Play: www.mlive.com/puzzles-kingdom
- Newspapers: The Oregonian and Hillsboro Argus.
- What: News, breaking news, sports, weather and more. Founded in 1850, The Oregonian is the oldest continuously published newspaper on the U.S. West Coast. The paper or its reporters have been nominated for one or more Pulitzer Prize awards nearly every year since 1993 (Wikipedia).
- Where: Portland, Oregon
- Readers: 1.3M Monthly uniques
- Home: www.oregonlive.com
- Play: www.oregonlive.com/puzzles-kingdom
- Newspapers: The Birmingham News, The Huntsville Times and Press-Register
- What: News, breaking news, sports, weather and more. Founded in 1888, The Birmingham News is the largest newspaper in Alabama (Wikipedia).
- Where: Birmingham, Alabama
- Readers: 920K Monthly uniques
- Home: www.al.com
- Play: www.al.com/puzzles-kingdom
- Newspapers: The Daily Oklahoman
- What: News, breaking news, weather satellite, business market watch, sports, entertainment, classifieds and obituaries and more. The Oklahoman is the largest daily newspaper in Oklahoma and is the only daily newspaper that covers the entire Oklahoma City area (Wikipedia).
- Where: Oklahoma
- Readers: 750K Monthly uniques
- Home: www.newsok.com
- Play: www.newsok.com/puzzles
- Newspapers: The Times-Picayune
- What: News, breaking news, sports, weather and more. Founded in 1837, The Times-Picayune is a daily newspaper published in New Orleans, Louisiana, USA. Its name, which is widely recognized among journalists nationwide, is an icon of life in New Orleans and its environs (Wikipedia).
- Where: New Orleans, Louisiana
- Readers: 820K Monthly uniques
- Home: www.nola.com
- Play: www.nola.com/puzzles-kingdom
- Newspapers: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
- What: News, breaking news, sports, weather and more. Founded in 1995, The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel is the primary newspaper in Milwaukee and the largest newspaper in Wisconsin (Wikipedia).
- Where: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Readers: 760K Monthly uniques
- Home: www.jsonline.com
- Play: www.jsonline.com/puzzles
- Newspapers: The Post-Standard
- What: News, breaking news, sports, weather and more. Founded in 1829, The Post-Standard is the major daily newspaper servicing the greater Syracuse, New York metro area (Wikipedia).
- Where: Syracuse, New York
- Readers: 560K Monthly uniques
- Home: www.syracuse.com
- Play: www.syracuse.com/puzzles-kingdom
- Newspapers: Cincinnati Enquirer
- What: Cincinnati news, community, entertainment, yellow pages and classifieds. Founded in 1841, The Cincinnati Enquirer is the highest-circulation print publication in Greater Cincinnati (Ohio) and Northern Kentucky (Wikipedia).
- Where: Cincinnati, Ohio
- Readers: 510K Monthly uniques
- Home: www.cincinnati.com
- Play: www.cincinnati.com/comics/puzzles
More newspaper websites
- 11. Masslive.com of The Republican in Springfield, Massachusetts (Play here)
- 12. Silive.com of the Staten Island Advance in New York City, New York (Play here)
- 13. Onlineathens.com in Athens, Georgia (Play here)
- 14. Lehighvalleylive.com in Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania. Powered by PennLive.com and The Express-Times (Play here)
- 15. Pennlive.com of The Patriot News in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania (Play here)
- 16. Heraldtribune.com in Sarasota, Florida (Play here)
- 17. Gazette.com of Colorado Springs Gazette, in Colorado (Play here)
- 18. Abqjournal.com in Albuquerque, New Mexico (Play here)
- 19. Kitsapsun.com in Bremerton, Washington (Play here)
- 20. News-leader.com in Springfield, Missouri (Play here)
- 21. Goerie.com in Erie, Pennsylvania (Play here)
- 22. Bismarcktribune.com in Bismarck, North Dakota (Play here)
- 23. Wenatcheeworld.com in Wenatchee, Washington (Play here)
- 24. Thedailyreview.com in Towanda, Pennsylvania (Play here)
Radio station websites