- Start by eliminating situations where more than two consecutive X's or O's can occur.
- Always double check before placing X or O.
- Never guess! Only make moves based on logical deductions.
Note: There is only one unique solution for each puzzle.
When solving on paper
- Use a soft erasable pencil and a high quality eraser.
When playing on a computer
- Use Preferences options in toolbar for a better personal playing experience.
- When needed, temporarily mark squares with X or O using the toolbar's Mark squares option.
- Use the horizontal or vertical ruler to help focus on the row or column being solved.
- You can lock a ruler to avoid accidental movement or to create a second ruler when comparing two rows or columns.