- Start with the large clues and try to find as many overlaps as possible.
- Scan all rows and columns one by one. There is always another step somewhere!
- Every new square you paint might become a useful clue in the perpendicular direction.
- Never guess! Paint squares only if you are sure they must be filled and mark squares with an "X" only if you are sure they must be empty.
Note: There is only one unique solution for each puzzle.
When solving on paper
- Use a soft erasable pencil and a high quality eraser.
- Mark completed rows and columns with checkmarks.
When playing on a computer
- Use Preferences options in toolbar for a better personal playing experience.
- Check off each completed clue by clicking it with the mouse.
- Freeze rulers when necessary by pressing the Ctrl key.
- Use spacebar to change the picked color (color puzzles only)