- Start with easy steps such as clues of 1, clues which are diagonally adjacent and clues which are separated by one square.
- Mark with small dots squares you know are part of an island. This will help narrow down possibilities later on.
- Look for places where a wall can only be continued in one direction.
- Check if 2x2 wall sections might be formed. Sometimes this is trickier than it seems.
- Always double check before shading or marking a square with a dot.
- Never guess! Only make moves based on logical deductions.
Note: There is only one unique solution for each puzzle.
When solving on paper
- Use a soft erasable pencil and a high quality eraser.
When playing on a computer
- Use Preferences options in toolbar for a better personal playing experience.
- Use the Mark square feature when trying to determine what the content of one or more squares should be.
- Highlight wall segments to check whether isolation is about to occur. To highlight a wall segment, point mouse on any square belonging to the wall.