Conceptis Forums

Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List 

Utterly stumped on a killer Sum Sudoku.

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> Puzzle Support >> Utterly stumped on a killer Sum Sudoku. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Utterly stumped on a killer Sum Sudoku. - 7/1/2020 10:32:24 PM   
Ahlyis

I've been staring at this for days, a few minutes at a time, and I cannot find a single number to put in. I don't even have all that many pencil marks really. I believe the pencil marks I have are accurate and could hopefully explain how I arrived at each if necessary, but I just don't see anything else.

What am I missing? Does anyone see anything?

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Ahlyis -- 7/1/2020 10:38:10 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Utterly stumped on a killer Sum Sudoku. - 7/2/2020 1:28:25 AM   
Ahlyis

Well, I found something. It's not much, but I can eliminate the 7 as a possibility for the 14 in the bottom right.

If it was a 7, then the far right 33 would also have to be a 7, which would make the far left 12 have to be 5 on top and 7 below. This would put 7's into the 7th and 8th rows, forcing the 7 in the 9th row to be part of the 11. That will not work because any way you organize the 7, 1 and 3 for the 11 will force an impossible situation into row 7, column 6.

Eliminating that 7 reduces the possibilities up and down the right side, but still doesn't lead to any hard numbers.

Still, it is the first progress I've made in days.

(in reply to Ahlyis)
Post #: 2
RE: Utterly stumped on a killer Sum Sudoku. - 7/2/2020 4:48:20 PM   
Ahlyis

Nevermind. I finally broke it.

Eliminating that 7 let me eliminate the 2 from the top right. That let me eliminate 2 of the numbers from the 20 in the top center. That finally let me eliminate the 2 from the top left and put the 4 in.

With the 4 in it took about another 45 minutes, but I was eventually able to finish the puzzle.

Thanks for anyone that took a look. Perhaps I'll post another seeing as how doing so apparently prompts me to make progress. :)

(in reply to Ahlyis)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> Puzzle Support >> Utterly stumped on a killer Sum Sudoku. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode