Conceptis Forums

Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List 

Puzzle in Newspaper 1/11/18 cannot be solved - Solution shows given cells in different position

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> Puzzle Support >> Puzzle in Newspaper 1/11/18 cannot be solved - Solution shows given cells in different position Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Puzzle in Newspaper 1/11/18 cannot be solved - Solution... - 1/12/2018 12:50:50 PM   
cwbird

I had a problem with the 1/11/18 puzzle published in my newspaper. The puzzle had the given squares place differently from the solution that was published, as well. I have attached a picture that shows the given with an arrow to the location that is shown in the puzzle. The puzzle as given is not solvable.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Puzzle in Newspaper 1/11/18 cannot be solved - Solu... - 1/12/2018 6:33:54 PM   
Ahlyis

Geez. That's not just one number in the wrong box. I don't even see any pattern to the shifts. I wonder what happened to cause all of the placements to be scrambled so badly.

(in reply to cwbird)
Post #: 2
RE: Puzzle in Newspaper 1/11/18 cannot be solved - Solu... - 1/12/2018 10:22:46 PM   
hairhunter

cwbird,

I don't know what has happened with the printed puzzle in your newspaper.
I have checked your attached solution, and this is the correct solution for that date.
Of course, I can't know if the newspaper had some kind of technical printing problems or if they published a "wrong puzzle" which was supposed to be published on another date and doesn't match the solution for that reason. I can only guess because I don't see a scan of their published puzzle.

Maybe you can ask the newspaper itself what has happened.

Just in case it helps, I have attached the puzzle as it was supposed to be.

Thanks,
Jochen

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Ahlyis)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> Puzzle Support >> Puzzle in Newspaper 1/11/18 cannot be solved - Solution shows given cells in different position Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode