Conceptis Forums

Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List 

Puzzle pop-up problem

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> Technical Support >> Puzzle pop-up problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Puzzle pop-up problem - 8/10/2017 4:33:49 PM   
chaosmanor

Well, I didn't intend to be alliterative, it just worked out that way

All this week (i.e. since Monday, August 7th, 2017), whenever I open a puzzle, whether new or one that I am currently working on, the pop-up shows only the top third or so of the entire puzzle. Sometimes it corrects itself to show the entire area when I hit the "expand" button on the pop-up screen, but sometimes that does not work. The scroll-down button does work, so I can get to the bottom of the puzzle that way. And let me clarify: the pop-up opens up to fill my monitor; the bottom two-thirds or so of the pop-up is filled with background color. This is not an issue of "the pop-up does not open fully"; it's an issue of, "the pop-up is fully open, but more than half of it is background color."

Needless to say, this is rather annoying. I am using Windows 10 Home. I generally use Chrome, but this also happened when I tried to use Firefox.

Is anyone else having this problem?
Post #: 1
RE: Puzzle pop-up problem - 8/10/2017 5:19:43 PM   
Talihoe

I've had a similar problem. Sometimes when I open a puzzle the window pops up but only a few rows and columns of the upper left corner will appear. Fully expanding the window will show the puzzle correctly but if it's too large for my screen the scroll bars will not work. I've found that if I keep retrying to open the puzzle it will eventually open correctly. If after several unsuccessful retries I open a very small puzzle, which don't seem to have a problem, then retry the original one it will pop up correctly, but I'm not sure if that's not just a coincidence. I use Windows 10 and Firefox.

Patti

(in reply to chaosmanor)
Post #: 2
RE: Puzzle pop-up problem - 8/15/2017 5:07:17 AM   
xenafannz

Am having the same problem, bottom part of the popup is white but puzzle can be scrolled around and played.
Chrome and windows 10.
Not a huge deal, but annoying.
Anyone got any advice yet?

(in reply to chaosmanor)
Post #: 3
RE: Puzzle pop-up problem - 8/15/2017 12:33:53 PM   
Midget40

I am currently having three seperate problems with the puzzles - two are mentioned under the 'technical difficulties thread' but I have also experienced this problem for a while now.

The fix for all three problems for me is the same -

Instead of using the 'square' enlargement box (top right corner) on the pop up to make the puzzle fit the screen once you have clicked on it to play - drag right side and bottom to make it enlarge to screen size instead.

I have no idea why this works but it does for me and it has solved all three problems this way.

Hope it might work for some of you - still very annoying though!

(in reply to xenafannz)
Post #: 4
RE: Puzzle pop-up problem - 8/15/2017 12:35:44 PM   
Midget40

My appologies - this showed as a new thread when I opened it - just realised its not

(in reply to Midget40)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> Technical Support >> Puzzle pop-up problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode