Conceptis Forums

Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List 

Kakuro suggestion: auto-fill magic pencil marks

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> Puzzle Visions >> Kakuro suggestion: auto-fill magic pencil marks Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Kakuro suggestion: auto-fill magic pencil marks - 12/15/2015 1:55:22 PM   
Yggrynd

One feature I love in Kakuro is the Show Sum Combinations option -- you hover on the sum triangle and it shows all possible combinations that add to the target sum.

Here's my suggestion: if there is only one possible combination that will fit in the blocks (meaning, we have a Magic Block), and you double-click the sum triangle, that row gets auto-filled with the appropriate pencil marks.

This would be a massive click-saver for me, and I think for other users too. For example, if I have a sum of 7 for a 3-block row, if I were to fill in the 1-2-4 pencil marks manually in all three boxes, that's 18 clicks(!). But if I were to double-click the 7 and have the 1-2-4 filled in across the row, that's just two clicks and I'm much happier.

Alternatively (and maybe even preferably), there could be a starting option to auto-fill in all magic blocks when the puzzle starts. This would save even more clicking, and from a developer's POV (I'm a software architect), it would be much easier to implement and test.
Post #: 1
RE: Kakuro suggestion: auto-fill magic pencil marks - 12/15/2015 9:10:30 PM   
dave

You can enter pencilmarks using the keyboard, which will work much faster without making any changes to the game. As for your suggestion, I'm afraid we don't have the resources to implement such changes right now.

Thanks, Dave

(in reply to Yggrynd)
Post #: 2
RE: Kakuro suggestion: auto-fill magic pencil marks - 12/16/2015 8:01:29 PM   
Ahlyis

quote:

ORIGINAL: dave

You can enter pencilmarks using the keyboard, which will work much faster without making any changes to the game. As for your suggestion, I'm afraid we don't have the resources to implement such changes right now.

Thanks, Dave

I do use that ability on many of the puzzles, but it's not quite as convenient as you make it sound. You cannot simply point at the square and hit the desired numbers. You have to keep repositioning the mouse over a new, empty mini-square, then press the appropriate number key.

It is still faster than clicking each one, but not nearly as much as you make it sound and nothing close to what it would be like if Yggrnd's suggestion were implemented.

(in reply to dave)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> Puzzle Visions >> Kakuro suggestion: auto-fill magic pencil marks Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode