Conceptis Forums

Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List 

Timer Suggestions

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> Puzzle Visions >> Timer Suggestions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Timer Suggestions - 10/31/2014 3:14:32 PM   
leelynn

I would love to know how my puzzle solving compares to other peoples, a "average Solving time" and "fastest time" information provided with the puzzle. If that was too difficult it would be nice to have the creators put in a suggested solving time. This would help me decide what puzzle I had time to do and it would let me compete with myself to improve my skills verses others.
Post #: 1
RE: Timer Suggestions - 11/1/2014 3:19:51 AM   
CharleneTX

If you click the "Info" box next to the puzzle ID # it takes you to a screen that includes, among other information, the average solving time and how many solvers is used in that calculation. Keep in mind that the average is just a rough estimate. It doesn't take into account if a solver is using any of the solving aids available (such as "show errors when they are made") which can decrease the solving time or if the solver left the puzzle window open and came back to it later which can increase the solving time.

--Charlene

(in reply to leelynn)
Post #: 2
RE: Timer Suggestions - 11/8/2014 2:54:05 PM   
leelynn

how could I have missed that all this time? Thank you CharleneTX!

(in reply to CharleneTX)
Post #: 3
RE: Timer Suggestions - 12/8/2014 7:18:50 PM   
leelynn

So I've been looking at the average for a while now and it is clear that it doesn't really mean anything. I think about all the times when I walk away from a puzzle for hours working on it at breakfast and then at lunch or even overnight without pushing the pause button. Perhaps better indicators would be either a "Best time" category in the info, or perhaps once again I mention the puzzle maker's themselves add a suggested solving time based on how long it takes them to proof the puzzle. And you are right Ruth paying attention to your own solving skills is the point, but just like when I go to yoga and concentrate on my own balance, it is still inspiring to see what people that have a lifetime of practice behind them can do.

um... on a different note. I've been looking for a easy free fill-a-pix or pic-a-pix with a chicken, or vegetable theme so I can share on my farm's facebook page.

(in reply to RuthTDavis)
Post #: 4
RE: Timer Suggestions - 5/12/2017 7:37:10 PM   
mig23

Here are a couple easy pic-a-pix with a farm theme:

Attachment (2)

(in reply to leelynn)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> Puzzle Visions >> Timer Suggestions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages