Conceptis Forums

Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List 

Stuck on PicAPix M+ - is the secret in the bottom?

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> Puzzle Support >> Stuck on PicAPix M+ - is the secret in the bottom? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Stuck on PicAPix M+ - is the secret in the bottom? - 4/28/2012 9:46:34 AM   
arik_iis

I got stuck fairly early on this one... after checking it a few times I felt the breakthrough could come from the bottom row (or 3 rows...).
All I managed was to finally place one black square in the bottom row, but no breakthrough yet...

???
Is the next move realy in the three bottom rows? if so, what is the exact logic that allows it?
...or is it just an oversight somewhere else?

Help is appreciated...

Thanks,

Arik

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Stuck on PicAPix M+ - is the secret in the bottom? - 4/30/2012 2:26:42 PM   
Shagsbeard

Column 9 is a pretty safe bet to have the lower 7 trapped on the bottom. Shouldn't be hard to find a contradiction in the assumption that it's not.

< Message edited by Shagsbeard -- 4/30/2012 2:30:26 PM >

(in reply to arik_iis)
Post #: 2
RE: Stuck on PicAPix M+ - is the secret in the bottom? - 4/30/2012 4:56:32 PM   
arik_iis

OK.
Thanks for the suggestion.
I managed to find the contradiction, and drew these 6 black squares. Unfortunately, it had very little affect on the situation (unless I missed something) - any additional suggestions / observations?

Thanks,

Arik

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Shagsbeard)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> Puzzle Support >> Stuck on PicAPix M+ - is the secret in the bottom? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts