Conceptis Forums

Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List 

Size of pop-up window

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> Technical Support >> Size of pop-up window Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Size of pop-up window - 11/19/2010 12:03:47 PM   
Ellie31

Hey
A few days (weeks? can't quite time it...) ago I first noticed something about the size of the puzzle pop-ups: usually, especially when doing smaller puzzles, the pop-ups used to change size automatically when I enlarged or diminished puzzles, which I felt was quite handy. This feature seems to have been lost, for I'm quite sure I didn't change anything in my settings.. Also, I clear my browser cache on a regular basis, and this morning this problem still occured.
Did anyone else notice this?
(Anyone know what I'm talking about?!)
Is this a bug, or meant to be?
Ellie
Post #: 1
RE: Size of pop-up window - 11/19/2010 4:29:59 PM   
chaosmanor

I noticed this, as well, but didn't think much about it.  The pop-up is automatically full-screen, or larger for large puzzles, but if the puzzle, itself, is shrunk, the window will shrink until it is full-screen.  After that, you have to reduce the size manually.  I can work with this, either way.  I can still reduce the size of the window, if I choose, but as my eye-sight worsens with age, I tend to enlarge the puzzles, not reduce them.  This is especially true with puzzles such as Dot-a-Pix that use yellow, pale green, orange and other light colors; I just cannot see numbers in yellow on a white background unless I enlarge them a lot.

(in reply to Ellie31)
Post #: 2
RE: Size of pop-up window - 11/20/2010 4:08:44 PM   
Ellie31

I usually prefer number logic puzzles, they tend to be smaller anyways so rather often I don't need a fullscreen window.. Anyhow I was just wondering if this was a bug with my computer or occured to others as well, so this answers my question!

(in reply to chaosmanor)
Post #: 3
RE: Size of pop-up window - 11/20/2010 4:39:41 PM   
lekahe

I have not ever even tried that before but for me it works also now. I have Win7 and with IE, Firefox and Chrome it worked and Safari always opens a full window. What happens to you has to do something with the configuration. What operation system do you have?

Leena

(in reply to Ellie31)
Post #: 4
RE: Size of pop-up window - 11/20/2010 4:49:59 PM   
chaosmanor

quote:

ORIGINAL: lekahe

I have not ever even tried that before but for me it works also now. I have Win7 and with IE, Firefox and Chrome it worked and Safari always opens a full window. What happens to you has to do something with the configuration. What operation system do you have?

Leena

If you were asking me (it isn't clear, as you don't specify to which of the two of us you were replying), I have basically the same system: Windows 7 Home, with Firefox as my main browser, plus Safari, Chrome, Opera and (when absolutely necessary) Internet Exploder (sic).  IE has gotten better over the years, but I still don't like it, and only use it when a website is so antique that it can't handle an advanced browser such as Firefox or Safari.

(in reply to lekahe)
Post #: 5
RE: Size of pop-up window - 11/20/2010 4:55:41 PM   
lekahe

I was actually asking both of you.

I also don't use IE regularly. I even have a laptop which according to EU standars has browser choise. I thought I could manage never opening IE. I could not. My schools learning environment is too old to be handled without it :(

Leena

(in reply to chaosmanor)
Post #: 6
RE: Size of pop-up window - 11/20/2010 5:17:00 PM   
Ellie31

I try to avoid IE as much as possible and use Firefox on Windows 7. I'm not sure if the actual "problem" came across the right way: I liked it when the pop ups auto adjusted to small puzzles. Usually now when I open one, I get a rather small window (top left corner of the desktop) that I have to adjust manually or switch to fullscreen alltogether, doesn't matter how big the puzzle actually is.

(in reply to lekahe)
Post #: 7
RE: Size of pop-up window - 11/20/2010 5:37:52 PM   
lekahe

Ellie31, now that I found out about it, I can understand why you like it.
It may be linked to Firefox, since I am using Firefox 4.0 Beta 7. I don't advice anyone to use it since it is buggy but this issue it handles right. My Firefox 3.6 became so slow that I decided to take Chrome for my default browser. I will pass this question to someone in Conceptis.

Leena

(in reply to Ellie31)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> Technical Support >> Size of pop-up window Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts