Conceptis Forums

Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List 

Puzzle Subject Preferences

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> The Puzzle Room >> Puzzle Subject Preferences Page: [1]
[Poll]

Puzzle Subject Preferences

Architecture
  17% (31)
Landscapes
  19% (35)
cartoon animals
  6% (11)
realistic animals
  18% (33)
cartoon people
  6% (11)
realistic people
  13% (24)
all of the above
  12% (22)
other
  5% (10)

Total Votes : 177

(last vote on : 7/25/2009 5:31:26 PM)
(Poll will run till: -- )
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Puzzle Subject Preferences - 5/6/2009 3:26:08 PM   
chaosmanor

I just finished this week's Basic 70x50 FaP, which pictures the I'timād-ud-Daulah, the tomb of Mirza Ghiyas Beg, in Agra, India.  I was going to come in here and thank you for this particular puzzle, as it is not only quite realistic, but also a lot of fun, and is the sort of puzzle which I would most like to see.

Then I decided that it might be a good idea to set up a poll, asking folks to select their favorite types of puzzle subjects.  I've tried to be as inclusive as I can, but have left an "other" option, in which case I would ask you describe the subject type that you would like to see.

There is no deadline to this, although I expect that it will run down in a couple of months, unless someone digs through the older posts and adds a comment.  Please only vote once!  If you want to expand on an earlier comment, that's fine, but please only cast a vote one time.  You can vote for more than one type. 

Thanks!  Looking forward to seeing how this goes
Post #: 1
RE: Puzzle Subject Preferences - 5/25/2009 2:40:32 PM   
calico-girl

Thank you posting this query.  I do have preferences, so I like having some input.

In addition to my favorite categories, I chose Other on general principal.  I always include an Other option when I design a poll.  In this particular area of interest, I believe that we all want to encourage creative thinking, so I'd love to see what original ideas people can imagine.

(in reply to chaosmanor)
Post #: 2
RE: Puzzle Subject Preferences - 6/12/2009 3:28:05 PM   
chaosmanor

Just wanted to give a big "Thanks!" to all those who have cast a vote so far.  I was ill for a couple of weeks and while I did manage to stop by a couple of times for a little puzzling during my convalescence, I didn't have much mental energy to spare for writing. 

While hardly scientific, I think the numbers so far show a certain trend.  I don't expect (nor would I actually want) cartoon-style animals and people to vanish completely, but I do think that landscapes and real animals (the deer and mountains LaP last week was great!) and architecture pictures have more adherents than, perhaps, anyone realized

(in reply to chaosmanor)
Post #: 3
RE: Puzzle Subject Preferences - 6/19/2009 8:42:42 AM   
Claudia

My 'other' is well-known objects, often art. Michelangelo's David, George Washington in profile, etc. The Abbey Road puzzle is an excellent example, though it doubles as realistic people. ;-) For that matter, some of the architecture category fits here too.

(in reply to chaosmanor)
Post #: 4
RE: Puzzle Subject Preferences - 6/20/2009 8:57:35 PM   
chickybugger

i am not sure where to put this but seeing as people are talking about what the puzzles are of, may i just mention that i noticed that (at least) two of this weeks LAPs have a common theme.... i havent started the mega LAP yet so dont know if it relates to the theme at all too. the theme i noticed was Gods in Hinduism and Buddhism

(highlight it to see what it says)

ps. i am in high school and when i saw this theme i was very excited because i had just finished learning about it, and i predicted it before it was finished. it was exciting to see that i was right!

(in reply to Claudia)
Post #: 5
RE: Puzzle Subject Preferences - 6/28/2009 2:51:53 PM   
Cyclone

So far cartoons are being ruled out, I notice. *LOL*

Cyclone

(in reply to chaosmanor)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> The Puzzle Room >> Puzzle Subject Preferences Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts