Conceptis Forums

Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List 

Pay-per-Puzzle: a glance at the future of conceptispuzzles.com

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> Fresh Supplies >> Pay-per-Puzzle: a glance at the future of conceptispuzzles.com Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Pay-per-Puzzle: a glance at the future of conceptispuzz... - 3/12/2009 3:49:51 PM   
gilg

We are happy to announce that the long awaited paid content conceptispuzzles.com website is expected to be released before this coming summer. At that time, My Conceptis section will become a premium paid content gaming area providing more newly published puzzles each week as well as access to all weekly puzzles previously published since May 16th 2008.

Read more here.

I have gathered the links to Dave's answers here - Leena

< Message edited by lekahe -- 3/14/2009 1:25:39 PM >

~Gil~
Post #: 1
RE: Pay-per-Puzzle: a glance at the future of conceptis... - 3/12/2009 4:01:51 PM   
mmcbee

Great!!! Love the idea of being able to work on the puzzles for longer than a week. Thanks

Of course, the big question remains - how much are the credits going to cost?

Mike

(in reply to gilg)
Post #: 2
RE: Pay-per-Puzzle: a glance at the future of conceptis... - 3/12/2009 4:20:22 PM   
Sunkister

So, in order to get more puzzles than what is on the front page you have to pay.. or is there going to be some kind of non paying option where the puzzles still change?

I love Conceptis puzzles, but I don't have much money to spare...

(in reply to mmcbee)
Post #: 3
RE: Pay-per-Puzzle: a glance at the future of conceptis... - 3/12/2009 4:27:24 PM   
KMG

All nice and good, but my question still not answered: Are there still non-to-pay-weekly-puzzels or do I have to pay them all? I like this page just because I didn't have to pay anything to get my braintraining.

(in reply to gilg)
Post #: 4
RE: Pay-per-Puzzle: a glance at the future of conceptis... - 3/12/2009 4:48:17 PM   
ergomargo

And will we still be able to print the puzzles?  

(in reply to KMG)
Post #: 5
RE: Pay-per-Puzzle: a glance at the future of conceptis... - 3/12/2009 4:57:10 PM   
visagrunt

It will very much come down to price point.  I visit conceptis on a daily basis, and work through a lot of the weekly content.

While I am perfectly prepared to pay for my puzzle fix (I subscribe to Games magazine, after all!) the price point has to be at a level I am happy with.

(in reply to ergomargo)
Post #: 6
RE: Pay-per-Puzzle: a glance at the future of conceptis... - 3/12/2009 4:59:31 PM   
aj217004

I can't say that I'm a fan of this idea. I would have to agree with KMG that one of the wonderful aspects of Conceptispuzzles.com was the no fee portion. I understand well all need to make money and I am sure that there are people who will use this new feature but I have other more important things I have to spend my money on. Conceptispuzzles.com has always been the website I went to when I needed to unwind from my day, or even when I want to procrastinate . I hope that the free weekly puzzles you say will remain will be as good as quality as it has been. I also hope that we still have the same selection that we have now. I hate feeling like I am forced into buying something when I don't have to. I don't know the pricing for the puzzles but I know that for some of these puzzles I would rather buy a book with multiple puzzles than to pay for a few at a time. I would just like Conceptis Ltd. to consider these points as they get to the release date of this new feature. Maybe the price range will be so great, this post won't even matter.

(in reply to gilg)
Post #: 7
RE: Pay-per-Puzzle: a glance at the future of conceptis... - 3/12/2009 5:14:52 PM   
chskeldon

Great to hear it. I've been hoping you would be doing this. I realise that some people want to just have the basic free puzzles available for a week (and I hope you will still have this option for htose that want it - it will probably be a good way to get people trying the puzzles for the first time too), but I for one will be very pleased to have puzzles from the archive available plus being able to save them and work on them for longer than a week. Obviously it will depend on the price but if this is reasonable them I'm all for it.

(in reply to gilg)
Post #: 8
RE: Pay-per-Puzzle: a glance at the future of conceptis... - 3/12/2009 5:18:48 PM   
goozak

quote:

My Conceptis will still continue to offer some free puzzles each week. However, their saved and solved information will be lost when the next weekly puzzles are published unless these puzzles are bought using credits.

So, yes, there will still be free puzzles...

Paying for your puzzles gives you the ability to solve them over a longer period of time than the present 1 week.

(in reply to aj217004)
Post #: 9
RE: Pay-per-Puzzle: a glance at the future of conceptis... - 3/12/2009 5:30:59 PM   
latin fairy3

I love this website for its puzles and the main reason for that is that they are all free.
When I saw this article I was shcoked as they were showing it as a really good thing. Although having more than a weeks worth of puzzles is a good idea the paying for them is not.
I don't have a PayPal account and as I am still quite young my parents would not let me spend money on such things as puzzles and so I would not be able to have my bit of fun each week as I would be limited to one or two puzzles.

(in reply to goozak)
Post #: 10
RE: Pay-per-Puzzle: a glance at the future of conceptis... - 3/12/2009 5:31:40 PM   
angelhair007

Again, the question of price has still not been addressed.  In this failing economy and for those of us who do visit this site every day, and do not have a lot of extra money to spare, what can we expect to pay for the pleasure to play?

(in reply to goozak)
Post #: 11
RE: Pay-per-Puzzle: a glance at the future of conceptis... - 3/12/2009 5:37:06 PM   
dave

Hi Everyone

This is going to be a long thread so I will try to answer the main issues, as they come up, one by one. However, I would first like to start by explaining our side. This website is the fruit of over 4 years of development of 5 full time engineers dedicated to its architecture, graphic design, S/W code, testing and debugging. And all this without counting the personnel responsible for developing the puzzle algorithms and all the dozens of free puzzles you have been getting each week, and without counting that these engineers will continue their job to maintain the site and add more puzzle families each year. So, as most of you have figured out until now we have spent close to one million US Dollars on what you are all enjoying for free.

Even though we are changing to a paid website, we don't expect the income to cover these formidable costs. Fortunately our 20-people company has other sources of income but we can't sustain this site indefinitely by providing free puzzles. We therefore need your cooperation and understanding that this is something we have to do, and we hope some of you will help us by becoming paying customers.

More about free puzzles, cost of credits, how many credits are required to buy puzzles and so on will follow later.

Thanks, Dave

(in reply to aj217004)
Post #: 12
RE: Pay-per-Puzzle: a glance at the future of conceptis... - 3/12/2009 5:57:24 PM   
GK00

I doubt there will be many people that will pay, however, you could provide alternate ways for people to earn credits.  One obvious way would be to click on ads.  I'm sure this site has many visitors but I don't see any ads on it and I think that you are really missing out on that income.  Other ways might include signing up for a newsletter, filling out free offers, etc.  The point is to let those that can afford it be able to pay and not worry about anything while providing alternate ways to people that can't afford to pay.

(in reply to dave)
Post #: 13
RE: Pay-per-Puzzle: a glance at the future of conceptis... - 3/12/2009 6:40:24 PM   
sddogg

I understand you needing some dough, and nothing can be free forever, but of course I am disappointed. I am in school and can watch the screens of about 40 of my classmates all working on these puzzles during some classes, a trend I turned them onto since I have been a fan of these puzzles for years. I imagine that all that will happen with the pay system is most of them, and myself (being a poor student) will find other free ways to keep our minds busy.

(in reply to GK00)
Post #: 14
RE: Pay-per-Puzzle: a glance at the future of conceptis... - 3/12/2009 7:07:30 PM   
shanishani

I think it is great. as long as the price will be resonable.
I've been trying to find some of these puzzles in the stores in New York for years now and still can't. (pick a pix and fill a pix...)

Thank you guys for thinking about this website and making it fun for all the fans.

Way to go!

Shani 

(in reply to gilg)
Post #: 15
RE: Pay-per-Puzzle: a glance at the future of conceptis... - 3/12/2009 7:14:54 PM   
Maquis

I've been a member here for a long time.   I have some mixed emotions about the change to pay-to-play.  We've known for quite awhile that it was coming so I don't think anyone can complain that it's a sudden change.

I've grown quite fond of conceptis these past few years, and I especially loved the new My Conceptis page.  However I did miss the old PicPuz program that allowed me to save my progress.

I"m glad to pay for new features like the ability to save my progress and puzzles from week to week.  I also hope my dollars will go towards the invention of new puzzle types and development of online versions of some of my older favorites.

I can't say now whether I'll pay for puzzles or not. It will strongly depend on the pricing.  Regardless, I doubt I will ever be a "big spender".  I enjoy the Pic a Pix puzzles and will likely pay for a few of them, but it takes me a while to solve a puzzle.  (Which is why I'm looking forward to the extra time).  I may buy a larger color puzzle and savor it slowly over a few months as I work on solving it.   That puzzle would be worth the price tag.

On the other hand, I see in your example photo that you have a "very easy" color PaP for sale for 5 credits.  This looks like a puzzle that I could finish in 5 - 10 minutes, (Remember I'm a slow solver too. I bet the experts here could whip that one out in a minute).   I would not be willing to pay very much at all for a puzzle like that.

(in reply to sddogg)
Post #: 16
RE: Pay-per-Puzzle: a glance at the future of conceptis... - 3/12/2009 7:21:17 PM   
debbie251

As much as i love this site i cannot justify spending extra money a month during these times for a puzzle site. not when i have 2 kids to raise ... this is my ' me ' time !!! i will be sorry to have to give up a great site in search of another ...........

(in reply to shanishani)
Post #: 17
RE: Pay-per-Puzzle: a glance at the future of conceptis... - 3/12/2009 7:26:02 PM   
rcubero

I'm glad to hear that at last I'll be able to solve puzzles on line for more that one week.
Price will tell how many puzzles I'll buy but I hope we can get a lot of our favourites.
thanks for all your free work up to now.
Rosa

(in reply to Maquis)
Post #: 18
RE: Pay-per-Puzzle: a glance at the future of conceptis... - 3/12/2009 8:08:29 PM   
Zid

I just started playing on here all of 2 weeks ago, you can see this is my first post. I think I'll find entertainment elsewhere now due to this decision. Bye.

(in reply to rcubero)
Post #: 19
RE: Pay-per-Puzzle: a glance at the future of conceptis... - 3/12/2009 8:34:11 PM   
kajohu

I don't mind paying a reasonable fee for these puzzles, either as a pay-per-puzzle or a weekly/monthly fee.    There used to be a Japanese site (I don't remember the name, unfortunately), that charged $4/month for a few weekly puzzles.  (I'd willingly pay more than that.)  That site went out of business a few years ago.  I don't know if they just couldn't make enough money, or if it was too much work for them to keep up with puzzle development each week.   

(in reply to gilg)
Post #: 20
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> Fresh Supplies >> Pay-per-Puzzle: a glance at the future of conceptispuzzles.com Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts