Conceptis Forums

Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List 

Review: CLUE Sudoku by Patrick Blindauer

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> Fresh Supplies >> Review: CLUE Sudoku by Patrick Blindauer Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Review: CLUE Sudoku by Patrick Blindauer - 12/25/2008 7:47:57 PM   
jhitchin

I just picked up a new book called CLUE Sudoku by Patrick Blindauer (ISBN 978-1402754883) at my local Barnes & Noble Booksellers last week, and now that I've had a chance to do several of the puzzles, I can say that while I think the idea was nice, the integration of the CLUE aspect isn't all that fun for me.

How this works is that you solve the Sudoku and once you've done that, you then use the eight "killer number" clues given and find the box that is surrounded by the eight numbers in the killer clue. The column and row will tell you the killer and weapon and the box will tell you what the room is.

My main issue with this way of doing it is that the Sudoku and the murder mystery are wholly separate. I was hoping for there to be more mystery involved or at least some process of elimination of the suspects and stuff tied in with the solving of the Sudoku.

The puzzles themselves are very well done and range from easy to difficult and the book's production values are really good as well. No worries of tearing the paper or having the binding come apart on you.

It's a nice idea that could be better, but is all in all a nice combo of two games into one. CLUE and Sudoku just seem to want to go together.

Jeff
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> Fresh Supplies >> Review: CLUE Sudoku by Patrick Blindauer Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts