Conceptis Forums

Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List 

Puzzel collection? Archive?

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> Puzzles and Kids >> Puzzel collection? Archive? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Puzzel collection? Archive? - 11/24/2008 12:44:01 AM   
deke13

I am preparing to travel to southern India.  I will be leaving here in a month, so I don't have a lot of prep time.  I've been asked to teach logical thinking to children at an orphanage and school.  During the two weeks I am there, there will be 70+ students ranging in age from 10 to 16 years.  Most of these students are members of the school's "Maths Club", so I am suspecting they are high level thinkers.

I would love to take some of the easier Pic-a-Pix and Fill-a-Pix puzzles.  I looked for a "membership" area on this site, but I am not seeing one.  I thought a membership might provide access to a puzzles archive.  No such luck.

Can anyone help me?  Does anyone have a collection of a dozen or so puzzles easy enough for beginners yet challenging to early teens?
Post #: 1
RE: Puzzel collection? Archive? - 11/24/2008 3:02:08 PM   
rosa

Hi, I have some archived of pic-a-pix puzzles you ask. I am afraid that these are not so easy as you like, buy anyway, I send you all I have incluiding color pic-a-pix, which I think are more easy or at least less hard. Hoping it will help you in your propose.

(in reply to deke13)
Post #: 2
RE: Puzzel collection? Archive? - 11/24/2008 5:58:33 PM   
deke13

Wonderful news!  I would greatly appreciate any you tihnk appropriate.  Please email them to me at Deke13.  Thank you.

(in reply to rosa)
Post #: 3
RE: Puzzel collection? Archive? - 12/3/2008 4:03:27 PM   
nicolle

I just emailed you a bunch of PAP and FAP broken out by size.

I personally have found the FAP (basic) easier to start with because they are more consistent on the easiness.  The PAPs can be small but still be hard, and the bigger ones are usually a lot harder, versus the FAPs -- once you get the hang of it, size isn't as important for difficulty.

When my nephew was in 6th grade (he's also a big math fan), I showed him the FAPs and he loved them, but the PAPs were more complicated.  I had a harder time explaining PAPs, so it could have been me :)

(in reply to deke13)
Post #: 4
RE: Puzzel collection? Archive? - 12/3/2008 4:37:18 PM   
deke13

nicolle -

A very good selection of PAP and FAP.  A wonderful contribution.  Thank you so much. 

I agree with you that the FAP are usually more consistant and, considering the language barrier I will have, the FAP should be easier to teach.  After I get the students to do a few of the FAP and they see how the images are produced, it should be easier to teach the PAP concepts.

I appreciate youi sending me this collection and the way you have it organized by size.  I don't totally understand the directory naming convention used in the FAP .zip (17x11-1x2? Difficulty? Rating?) but the naming convention of each .pdf (grid size) is easy to understand.

Thank you again - for your time and generosity.  My students should have plenty of puzzles to last my entire trip - and after I leave!

(in reply to nicolle)
Post #: 5
RE: Puzzel collection? Archive? - 12/4/2008 9:57:55 PM   
dave

Hi deke13

It would be wonderful if you can write an article at the end of your trip, which we'll publish on conceptispuzzles.com

Good luck with your mission!

Dave

(in reply to deke13)
Post #: 6
RE: Puzzel collection? Archive? - 12/4/2008 10:20:18 PM   
deke13

I would be happy to.  I'll see what I can put together for you in late January.

(in reply to dave)
Post #: 7
RE: Puzzel collection? Archive? - 12/10/2008 10:35:03 AM   
chimiling

Can anyone help me find puzzle ID 03090100076? I think I made a mistake on my printed version, forgot where I got it from xD please do help

(in reply to deke13)
Post #: 8
RE: Puzzel collection? Archive? - 12/10/2008 3:41:53 PM   
Talihoe

chimiling, at this time the puzzles are only on the site for one week.  On Friday they are replaced by new ones.  If you send me an email I can send you a copy.

Patti

(in reply to chimiling)
Post #: 9
RE: Puzzel collection? Archive? - 2/25/2009 5:21:39 PM   
deke13

Hello Dave,

You asked that I write a report of my mission and the puzzles I took to India to teach.  Well, the mission trip did not go as planned.  If you want a report on how the trip failed, at least on my end, I can tell that story.  But as far as a puzzle story, there isn't much to say. 

In a nut shell - of the 20 who traveled, our flight got re-routed twice and all of our luggage got lost.  22 Bags.  By day 4 the airport located 8 of the bags.  By day 5 another 10 had been found for a total of 18 bags.  Only 4 bags remained unaccounted for.  Guess which four.  My two bags, One of my bags checked in under another persons name (because I could only take two and he had only one) , and another persons bag with  four more of my games shoved in with his stuff.

By day 9, Friday, the last 4 bags had been located by the airport.  That left days 10 and 11 (Sat & Sun) with no students at the school to teach and the group visiting local churches.  Monday, day 12, was the flight home. 

I spent more time on a bus, or sitting outside the airport, or sitting in customs, than actually working with any of the students.  If you want a more detailed report describing ticket confusion, passport misunderstandings, and customs officials I can certainly write up something entertaining and humerous, but it will have very little to do with games or puzzles.

I do want to thank those that helped me by providing puzzles from their personal archives.  Perhaps I will get to go next year and I can use the puzzles then.

Deke

(in reply to dave)
Post #: 10
RE: Puzzel collection? Archive? - 3/1/2009 11:37:37 PM   
dave

Hi Deke

I'm so sorry to hear how your trip turned into a total disaster.... I can only hope it doesn't happen next time - if there is going to be a next time.

Dave

(in reply to deke13)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> Puzzles and Kids >> Puzzel collection? Archive? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts