Conceptis Forums

Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List 

RE: If we add a puzzle to My Pic-a-Pix, what would you prefer?

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> Fresh Supplies >> RE: If we add a puzzle to My Pic-a-Pix, what would you prefer? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
[Poll]

If we add a puzzle to My Pic-a-Pix, what would you prefer?

B&W easy
  3% (83)
B&W medium
  14% (321)
B&W challenging
  21% (474)
Color easy
  8% (193)
Color medium
  26% (573)
Color challenging
  25% (550)

Total Votes : 2194

(last vote on : 10/6/2008 4:58:04 AM)
(Poll ended: 10/6/2008 5:00:00 AM)
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: If we add a puzzle to My Pic-a-Pix, what would you ... - 9/30/2008 3:08:03 AM   
chokosna

PLEASE add a new B&W mega Pic-A-Pix each week!!

(in reply to gilg)
Post #: 21
RE: If we add a puzzle to My Pic-a-Pix, what would you ... - 9/30/2008 1:23:19 PM   
vakhal

i want ultra hard ones, and big ones :)

(in reply to rotwang)
Post #: 22
RE: If we add a puzzle to My Pic-a-Pix, what would you ... - 9/30/2008 8:06:11 PM   
apsny

I voted for color challenging, but B&W challenging is a very close second. At the time I voted, the following table gives the breakdown by both B&W vs. Color and Level of difficulty.

BW - 304
Col - 476
Total - 780

Easy - 87
Medium - 320
Challenging - 373
Total - 780

Please more difficult (not necessarily larger) puzzles.

And one more thing.....I absolutely LOVE CONCEPTIS PUZZLES.

Thanks!!!

(in reply to gilg)
Post #: 23
RE: If we add a puzzle to My Pic-a-Pix, what would you ... - 10/1/2008 1:18:08 AM   
dow8866

Personally, I like the smaller ones, 40 x 40 or so.  That way they fit well on my screen without having to scroll around

(in reply to gilg)
Post #: 24
RE: If we add a puzzle to My Pic-a-Pix, what would you ... - 10/1/2008 7:54:10 AM   
silke.freudenstein

Yes, no more people please. Because the pictured people usually act and look stupidly, but that´s a question of situation and style, too. What´s about portraits, plants and wild animals?
About difficulty and size: I would prefer a medium size (e.g. 35 x 40 - I mustn´t stay here all night long) and a challenging difficulty. 

(in reply to rotwang)
Post #: 25
RE: If we add a puzzle to My Pic-a-Pix, what would you ... - 10/1/2008 8:25:34 AM   
brkip

Personally I prefer B/W PAP's because I like to solve challenging puzzles on paper. Solving even medium sized PAP's can be very annoying on my 17'' laptop screen.

(in reply to chokosna)
Post #: 26
RE: If we add a puzzle to My Pic-a-Pix, what would you ... - 10/1/2008 4:05:43 PM   
sharonella

Off topic -

But I want to welcome all you "new posters" to the forums.  Obviously, you've all been members for a while, and I'm glad this poll finally motivated you to particpate in the forums.

Please continue to do so!  We encourage everyone to comment and ask questions and generally get involved in this puzzling community!

Sha

(in reply to brkip)
Post #: 27
RE: If we add a puzzle to My Pic-a-Pix, what would you ... - 10/2/2008 12:07:49 PM   
ENET

i
  Ι  like ntermediate  size   B/W PIC - A - PIX  and i want   you find a way somebody to store the games as long as time interval wants
        ( E.G. 1 - 5 - 10 DAYS)

(in reply to dow8866)
Post #: 28
RE: If we add a puzzle to My Pic-a-Pix, what would you ... - 10/2/2008 12:14:50 PM   
ENET

quote:

ORIGINAL: ENET

i
  Ι  like ntermediate  size   B/W PIC - A - PIX  and i want   you find a way somebody to store the games as long as time interval wants
        ( E.G. 10 - 15 ... DAYS)

(in reply to ENET)
Post #: 29
RE: If we add a puzzle to My Pic-a-Pix, what would you ... - 10/2/2008 7:12:47 PM   
lenile

I prefer the medium sized (~ 40x40) ones because they fit easy on my screen (I play only the online games) and they don't take too long to solve (I usually play during lunchtime -  just 30 Minutes)
Colored or B&W doesn't really matter. I enjoy them both.

lenile

(in reply to gilg)
Post #: 30
RE: If we add a puzzle to My Pic-a-Pix, what would you ... - 10/2/2008 7:44:21 PM   
sharonella

quote:

ORIGINAL: ENET
  Ι  like intermediate  size   B/W PIC - A - PIX  and i want   you find a way somebody to store the games as long as time interval wants
        ( E.G. 1 - 5 - 10 DAYS)

Hi ENET -

When Conceptis goes to a paid subscription site - anyone with a paid subscription will be able to save & solve their puzzles as long as they want.  (And don't worry - there will still be some free puzzles available, but not as many as there are now.)  Until that time - we only have 1 week. 

But you can always print the puzzles as far as you have solved them on Thursday, and continue solving on paper!

sharonella

(in reply to ENET)
Post #: 31
RE: If we add a puzzle to My Pic-a-Pix, what would you ... - 10/3/2008 3:39:10 PM   
lynnbeuoy

I would greatly appreciate being able to see the entire Pic-a-Pix puzzle, including the grid for changing colors, within one screen.  It's possible that people with better monitors, or better eyes, can already do this, but for me if there are more than about 35 rows (depending on the amount of space taken by the numbers listed above the columns) I can't see it all at one time.  And the color grid is up above that.  I like the bigger puzzles, but I like them more if they are horizontally extended, with more columns, which do fit on the rectangular screen.

(doesn't matter for LAPs and FAPs because you don't have to consider the entire row or column to be able to fill in cells)

I don't want to complain, however, because I love these puzzles and I am grateful to have them.  I'm a little embarrased to admit that all week, I think about the new puzzles coming on Friday.

Thanks for a wonderful website.

(in reply to gilg)
Post #: 32
RE: If we add a puzzle to My Pic-a-Pix, what would you ... - 10/3/2008 6:30:46 PM   
ebudd

I prefer to print out puzzles and solve them on paper.  Since I don't have a color printer, the B&W Challenging puzzle would get my vote

(in reply to gilg)
Post #: 33
RE: If we add a puzzle to My Pic-a-Pix, what would you ... - 10/3/2008 10:11:34 PM   
redclaire

I prefer B&W to colour, part of the reason why is the fitting everything on a screen issue, and it annoys me to have to continually scroll up and down to change "pen" colour- if I'm concentrating on one bit of the screen, I might spot where something fits, scroll up to change to the right colour, and then when I scroll back down have to spend a few seconds finding it again...it might not sound much but it is irritating.

I think in an ideal world, there would be a colour palette at both the top and bottom of the screen, and the same goes for the handy thing that tells you how many squares in a gap- yes I can count them, but it's so useful to be able to see without continual scrolling.

On a positive note, I LOVE the puzzles in general, and I love being able to do them online, I'm too impatient to use pencils Many times when I've run out of puzzles I have looked around the internet for other PaP style things, and nothing comes anywhere close to the design of your puzzles and the online interface, so I generally give up. I'm someone who would pay to do more...

(in reply to ebudd)
Post #: 34
RE: If we add a puzzle to My Pic-a-Pix, what would you ... - 10/4/2008 4:11:13 AM   
charleslsmithiii

I prefer medium to challenging B&W PAP's and I like color also, but as they say, SIZE MATTERS! I like huge puzzles so that there is plenty of resolution to the picture. I was thinking maybe you could run a series of maybe 25 puzzles in the 60 x 40 size, so that when the 25 puzzles are completed they could be assembled in a 5 x 5 grid to make one poster-sized picture of 300 x 200 pixels. Wouldn't that be awesome?

(in reply to gilg)
Post #: 35
RE: If we add a puzzle to My Pic-a-Pix, what would you ... - 10/4/2008 11:49:36 AM   
apiedapie

I don't care if it's color or B&W, as long as it's a BIG puzzle. The bigger the better!
Greetings Apiedapie

(in reply to Ana Teresa)
Post #: 36
RE: If we add a puzzle to My Pic-a-Pix, what would you ... - 10/4/2008 1:53:24 PM   
kw

I also missed the option "two-colors-PAP". That's what I would have voted for. Wouldn't it be great to have a two-colors-PAP every week?
I prefer medium size.
Karin

(in reply to puzzlewoman_2000)
Post #: 37
RE: If we add a puzzle to My Pic-a-Pix, what would you ... - 10/4/2008 7:06:30 PM   
ialevin

You should have asked also what size we would prefer: me, I would prefer a very big B&W PAP, with level of difficulty medium to challenging. I'm really glad you are adding another PAP. If it were up to me, I would add 10 or 12 more.

(in reply to gilg)
Post #: 38
RE: If we add a puzzle to My Pic-a-Pix, what would you ... - 10/4/2008 9:07:10 PM   
dmjaw

I prefer small - it is very difficult to keep scrolling up and down to see the clues, then fill in the boxes.  I want something that fits on the computer screen.

(in reply to apiedapie)
Post #: 39
RE: If we add a puzzle to My Pic-a-Pix, what would you ... - 10/5/2008 6:14:42 AM   
TygerStripe

Or the ability to scroll the grid independently from the clues.

(in reply to dmjaw)
Post #: 40
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> Fresh Supplies >> RE: If we add a puzzle to My Pic-a-Pix, what would you prefer? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts