Conceptis Forums

Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List 

Puzzle Magazines

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> Fresh Supplies >> Puzzle Magazines Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Puzzle Magazines - 10/1/2007 1:47:22 AM   
wagnerite

Are there any with logic art? I subscribe to Dell, etc. logic magazines, but Dell puts in maybe two B&W each issue and the other mags none. I go back and forth between words and pics, depending on my mood. Whichever, I WILL NOT hunch over my computer keyboard to do puzzles. Must be comfy in bed or recliner.

I saw someone mention GAMES on another thread. The last time I saw that magazine it certainly didn't have any picture logic puzzles, and maybe one or two word logics, which are the only kind I really like besides logic art.

I once bought a gigantic collection of logic art for $5 online, but when I tried to print them out whole groups of lines in the grid did not print. I would love to have done them - real works of art with several shades of each color.

Anyone, please let me know if you know of logic art puzzles you can subscribe to and have the USPS bring you!

Martha
Post #: 1
RE: Puzzle Magazines - 10/1/2007 3:02:44 AM   
lekahe

Since you live in the USA, you can order from fujisan.com.
This link will take you to the puzzle magazine page
http://www.fujisan.com/online/elistup?category=924~s296-01001165483-e~
Illustrologic, Logic paradise and Oekaki Mate are all fabulous.
They have about 60 puzzles/magazine, mostly PAPs.
They take orders from USA and Canada only so I can't use that but have to get mine through London.

Leena

(in reply to wagnerite)
Post #: 2
RE: Puzzle Magazines - 10/1/2007 3:43:52 AM   
sharris37

You could also try Super Hanjie from England. You can order online at
puzzler.co.uk. Surper Hanjie is great - large Conceptis pap's.

Suzanne

(in reply to wagnerite)
Post #: 3
RE: Puzzle Magazines - 10/1/2007 4:47:35 AM   
Talihoe

For the time being, I'm hooked of FAPs. Most of the magazines seem to offer mostly PAPs. Does anyone know what magazines offer the most FAPs?

Patti

(in reply to wagnerite)
Post #: 4
RE: Puzzle Magazines - 10/1/2007 5:37:50 AM   
wagnerite

Thanks Leena and Suzanne. Should have come here first, but I didn't know about Conceptis.

Martha

(in reply to wagnerite)
Post #: 5
RE: Puzzle Magazines - 10/1/2007 9:44:23 AM   
lekahe

quote:

For the time being, I'm hooked of FAPs. Most of the magazines seem to offer mostly PAPs. Does anyone know what magazines offer the most FAPs?
Patti

Patti, Puzzler Media in Britain sells back copies of old magazines in downloadable pdf's. They are not very expensive and most of all, no postal fee.
See http://www.puzzlershop.com/home.jsp;jsessionid=KCIPDJOCGJAD?Category=Cd%20Roms

Leena

(in reply to wagnerite)
Post #: 6
RE: Puzzle Magazines - 10/1/2007 9:13:36 PM   
Talihoe

Great! Thanks Leena. I ordered all the back issues. That should keep me busy for a while.

Patti

(in reply to wagnerite)
Post #: 7
RE: Puzzle Magazines - 10/2/2007 12:31:33 AM   
shiron

Patti: if you are "For the time being, I'm hooked of FAPs." , have you tried PrismaPix? The basis is like FAPs and it has more dimensions...
I recommend you check this link:
http://www.krispixton.com/PrismaPix/
you can download a free trial pack and enjoy. You might also be interested in the other puzzles type there.
Shiron

(in reply to wagnerite)
Post #: 8
RE: Puzzle Magazines - 10/2/2007 4:14:47 AM   
Talihoe

Thank you Shiron. I remember seeing that link in the past, before I got into FAPs, but had forgotten it. I only glanced at it but never tried it, thinking it would probably be too difficult for me at the time. I definitely will check it out now. Now when winter gets here and there's snow outside I'll have lots of puzzles to to keep me busy and my brain exercised!

Patti

(in reply to wagnerite)
Post #: 9
RE: Puzzle Magazines - 10/3/2007 3:53:35 AM   
cocoa

GAMES usually only has a few PAP's, and their GAMES World of Puzzles has a few more (usually 10). World of Puzzles also runs the FAPs & others occasionally as well, a couple of months ago they had 30 Conceptis puzzles.

--cocoa

(in reply to wagnerite)
Post #: 10
RE: Puzzle Magazines - 10/3/2007 5:29:52 AM   
wagnerite

Well, I just ordered a couple of the mags that Leena suggested. Then I had a sickening feeling - are the numbers in Japanese, too?

If so, I'll just have to look up Japanese to Arabic conversion. We logicians are nothing if not resourceful.

Martha

(in reply to wagnerite)
Post #: 11
RE: Puzzle Magazines - 10/3/2007 7:54:47 AM   
jhitchin

No, the numbers are Arabic numerals in the Japanese magazines. Trust me, nobody could read kanji that small.

Just remember, the solutions in the back of the magazine are for a previous month, so don't look there for answers or help.

Jeff

(in reply to wagnerite)
Post #: 12
RE: Puzzle Magazines - 10/7/2007 1:51:16 AM   
wagnerite

Whew, thanks Jeff!

Martha

(in reply to wagnerite)
Post #: 13
RE: Puzzle Magazines - 10/7/2007 7:19:25 PM   
helena_nenne

quote:

Are there any with logic art? I subscribe to Dell, etc. logic magazines, but Dell puts in maybe two B&W each issue and the other mags none. I go back and forth between words and pics, depending on my mood. Whichever, I WILL NOT hunch over my computer keyboard to do puzzles. Must be comfy in bed or recliner.

I saw someone mention GAMES on another thread. The last time I saw that magazine it certainly didn't have any picture logic puzzles, and maybe one or two word logics, which are the only kind I really like besides logic art.

I once bought a gigantic collection of logic art for $5 online, but when I tried to print them out whole groups of lines in the grid did not print. I would love to have done them - real works of art with several shades of each color.

Anyone, please let me know if you know of logic art puzzles you can subscribe to and have the USPS bring you!

Martha

(in reply to wagnerite)
Post #: 14
RE: Puzzle Magazines - 10/7/2007 7:23:02 PM   
helena_nenne

Mail to: helena@sionvi.se
I could send you one of my new-started magazine.
helena_nenne

(in reply to wagnerite)
Post #: 15
RE: Puzzle Magazines - 10/7/2007 9:03:21 PM   
lekahe

quote:

I could send you one of my new-started magazine.
helena_nenne

Is there a puzzle magazine in Sweden?
Who is publishing it?

I am just curious, Sweden has nor had any magazines at least to my knowledge. It was long ago since I visited there, but my chilren have been there quite often and have not found any.

Leena from your neighbour.

(in reply to wagnerite)
Post #: 16
RE: Puzzle Magazines - 10/9/2007 7:17:03 PM   
Cyclone

A little addendum to the Puzzler Media PDF page. I asked recently about Hanjie issues, and was told the reason none of them are available is because Hanjie is still published, whereas the others are not.

I did not reply further, but I wish the earliest issues would appear as PDFs.

Cyclone

(in reply to wagnerite)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> Fresh Supplies >> Puzzle Magazines Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll