Conceptis Forums

Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List 

Who is familiar with Griddlers ?

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> Fresh Supplies >> Who is familiar with Griddlers ? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Who is familiar with Griddlers ? - 8/14/2007 11:32:42 AM   
gary1234

Hi,
I am looking for large B&W PAPs that are done on 2 or more
sheets and then assembled into one large picture. Dave so kindly mentioned Griddlers. Anyone know :
1) Where exactly on their website do I find such puzzles ?
2) I only like to do these the " old fashioned way " by
printing and using a pencil and ruler. Can these
puzzles be downloaded in a printer friendly format ?

Thanks !
Gary
Post #: 1
RE: Who is familiar with Griddlers ? - 8/14/2007 12:40:29 PM   
lekahe

You did not ask this, but for others the address is http://www.griddlers.net/
Obs! .com is a totally different site.

The puzzles you are asking for are multigriddlers and you can find a link to them on the frontpage.
Printing the puzzles is an option for the subscribers only. The subscription is possible on http://www.griddlers.net/pages/igdonations

Leena

(in reply to gary1234)
Post #: 2
RE: Who is familiar with Griddlers ? - 8/15/2007 6:39:06 AM   
gary1234

Thanks, Lekahe !

Gary

(in reply to gary1234)
Post #: 3
RE: Who is familiar with Griddlers ? - 8/16/2007 3:09:20 PM   
gilg

quote:
Thanks, Lekahe ! Gary

Lets us all know how where they after you try them. I am interested to know! thanks

~Gil~

(in reply to gary1234)
Post #: 4
RE: Who is familiar with Griddlers ? - 8/24/2007 8:22:20 PM   
Cyclone

I'm going to ask a creator of some holiday puzzles whether I can copy three of her multis to here during that time. This might be something that the author in question may be willing to do, if I take upon the work to convert them to here...or she might even wish to do it herself, we'll see.

I would call it: The 12 Puzzles of Christmas.

On another subject, my birthday was yesterday!

Cyclone

(in reply to gary1234)
Post #: 5
RE: Who is familiar with Griddlers ? - 8/24/2007 8:56:46 PM   
jaxxie

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, dear Leo (Virgo?), Happy Birthday to you! That's my daughter's birthday, too. Are you a brilliant entreprenurial type also? (And beautiful).

Jaxxie

(in reply to gary1234)
Post #: 6
RE: Who is familiar with Griddlers ? - 8/24/2007 11:44:47 PM   
sharonella

Wow cyclone - it was YOUR birthday, but you are providing the presents!! Woohoo! Happy birthday to YOU - Happy birthday to US!

Thanks!

sharonella

(in reply to gary1234)
Post #: 7
RE: Who is familiar with Griddlers ? - 8/25/2007 4:05:50 AM   
shiron

Happy birthday!!
It would be nice to have a calendar with all our birthdays...then we could congratulate our friends in anticipation... (Mine is on the 1/10)
FELICIDADES!
MAZAL TOV!
Best wishes for all of you that have/had their birthday...and for those that will have it- may all your wishes come true!
Shiron

(in reply to gary1234)
Post #: 8
RE: Who is familiar with Griddlers ? - 8/25/2007 10:28:40 AM   
lekahe

quote:

It would be nice to have a calendar with all our birthdays...then we could congratulate our friends in anticipation... (Mine is on the 1/10)
Shiron

They actually have a feature like this in the forums of C3.
I however informed them and I hope I have something to say in this: I don't want it to be shown!
I DO NOT want anyone to concratulate me on my birthday!!! Even my family knows that they'll better be totally quiet on that day.
To me that is a day which reminds me of being again one year older and I hope that I can reach the day when I forget it (before the Alazheimer's)

Leena

(in reply to gary1234)
Post #: 9
RE: Who is familiar with Griddlers ? - 8/25/2007 3:29:15 PM   
shiron

Hi Leena, I know people who "hate" of being reminded a year has passed... I like to think of it as a special day, when people that love you say it again, gather together... another reason to celebrate we are alive!(alive and kicking...). The years pass even if we don't mention it, so we have to enjoy the most of them -then I say "let's party!". I am not saying there is no "nostalgy" that day, for me the worse are if there are too many expectations that don't fulfill and when people go(end of the party)...but for that I always have my emergency kit!!! (we should have special puzzles for special days as birthdays!)
But if there is a possibility to choose if you want your birthday's day public or not, then people who don't like to be congratulated and people who do like will make their choise as it best fits for them.
I really hope you don't forget your day, surely hope it won't be because of Alzheimer's disease!!! You can still "grow up" to like celebrating it!!!
LOVE
Shiron
PS: I can see the name of the topic "who likes griddlers" doesn't fit anymore here...we have surfed to very different area

(in reply to gary1234)
Post #: 10
RE: Who is familiar with Griddlers ? - 8/25/2007 5:43:26 PM   
rcubero

Happy birthday Cyclone and all of you with the same birthday.
You have not to worry about how old are you but if you are still able to do puzzles.
Rosa

(in reply to gary1234)
Post #: 11
RE: Who is familiar with Griddlers ? - 8/26/2007 3:23:13 PM   
liduin

you're right rosa
imagine you cannot read a newspaper or a book
or do puzzles.
so cyclone HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND MAY MANY FOLLOW.
hm... I never celebrate mine!!!!!)
liduin

(in reply to gary1234)
Post #: 12
RE: Who is familiar with Griddlers ? - 8/27/2007 6:29:20 AM   
GreatGram

I am grateful for all eighty of the birthdays I have had. Half the people who started out when I did, no longer have them. Yes, it is a reminder that I am again one year older - but isn't that a great thing to be?!! It certainly beats the only alternative!

Happy Birthday to all,

Polly

(in reply to gary1234)
Post #: 13
RE: Who is familiar with Griddlers ? - 9/4/2007 12:00:47 PM   
gary1234

Hi Gil,
I can't seem to get the multigriddlers into nice printer friendly format so they print beautifully as the Conceptis B&W PAPs.
So, I can't give an opinion. Any chance they might be offered in Conceptis Puzzles ? At least one to start in the downloads area ?
BTW, will the puzzles in the download area be updated at some point ?
Thanks,
Gary

(in reply to gary1234)
Post #: 14
RE: Who is familiar with Griddlers ? - 9/4/2007 7:34:03 PM   
rmkujawa

Leena - declare your birthday a national holiday, everybody celebrates, nobody counts.

Mel

(in reply to gary1234)
Post #: 15
RE: Who is familiar with Griddlers ? - 9/4/2007 9:49:26 PM   
gilg

quote:
Hi Gil, I can't seem to get the multigriddlers into nice printer friendly format so they print beautifully as the Conceptis B&W PAPs.
So, I can't give an opinion. Any chance they might be offered in Conceptis Puzzles ? At least one to start in the downloads area ?
BTW, will the puzzles in the download area be updated at some point ?
Thanks, Gary

Hi Gary, the new website will include a brand new and unified gaming platform supporting mega puzzles for all families. Although I am not the one who is in charge for the puzzle content broadcast plan of the site I think the plan includes broadcasting mega puzzles but Natalia (or Dave) can be more helpful then me on this.

The catalog parts of the new site (which are the equivalents of what you are referring to as "the download pages" on the current site, e.g. http://www.conceptispuzzles.com/products/picapix/puzzle_samples.htm) will include mega puzzles. Yet, answering your last question, the puzzles in the download area as well as in their new equivalents, are not planed to be changing as they are only meant to introduce the world of logic puzzles to newbies. Once one becomes a puzzle fan we presume he / she will register and enjoy the free weeklies.

Perhaps Dave would be able to provide more information about the content program expected on the new site. I hope it helps.

~Gil~

(in reply to gary1234)
Post #: 16
RE: Who is familiar with Griddlers ? - 9/5/2007 11:24:59 PM   
gary1234

Thanks Gil !

Gary

(in reply to gary1234)
Post #: 17
RE: Who is familiar with Griddlers ? - 9/5/2007 11:30:44 PM   
gary1234

Like maybe the Jazz one in the downloads area can be ( easily ? ) formatted into three separate 50 by 60 pixel puzzles that are solved separately, then assembled into the whole picture. Too easy to get lost with the huge rows, IMO. About 70 pixels max is my comfort level :-). Just an idea ....

Gary

(in reply to gary1234)
Post #: 18
RE: Who is familiar with Griddlers ? - 9/6/2007 12:41:20 AM   
lekahe

I don't know the algorithm Conceptis is using but I can tell for sure that if the whole puzzle is solvable it may turn out that none of the parts is.
That is probably the main reason why Conceptis has had no time to add multis in their variety of puzzles. Making them demands a totally new way to create the puzzles.

Leena

(in reply to gary1234)
Post #: 19
RE: Who is familiar with Griddlers ? - 9/6/2007 11:37:06 AM   
gary1234

Hi Lekahe,
Let's take for example this weeks 70 by 60 PAP.
I am trying to figure why it would be hard to make it 2 puzzles each of 35 by 60 that assemble to the whole or even 4 puzzles of 35 by 30 pixels that will assemble to the whole ? Since the program knows which boxes are on or off, just make the line clues as appropriate ? I certainly may be wrong about all this ...... :-) .

Thanks,
Gary

(in reply to gary1234)
Post #: 20
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> Fresh Supplies >> Who is familiar with Griddlers ? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode