Conceptis Forums

Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List 

Where are the solutions???

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> Puzzle Support >> Where are the solutions??? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Where are the solutions??? - 2/24/2004 3:36:06 AM   
Millymax

Hi

Am I missing something? Every week I have a whale of a time doing the free puzzles -- usually not as successfully as I would like. But when I can't finish one, I just shrug and take it on the chin.

And then, browsing a couple of forums, I notice people talking about the solutions to the free puzzles!!!!

What??? Where???

Help me out of my misery! Where are they?????

Millymax
Post #: 1
RE: Where are the solutions??? - 2/24/2004 4:23:34 AM   
Sillyliss

Welcome to the forum, Millymax. The people on the forum are all supernice. All you have to do is let us know the number of the puzzle you got stuck on. If possible, you can scan the image and email it to Dave Green to post; he is awesome about helping out. Then everyone will take a look and try to help. But if you can't scan it, just tell us the puzzle number (in the lower right of the PDF file) and we'll all put our heads together.

Sillyliss

(in reply to Millymax)
Post #: 2
RE: Where are the solutions??? - 2/24/2004 5:20:16 AM   
Cyclone

Hopefully, when we put our heads together, we won't cause a loud bang, echo and pain like what happened last time...urgh, still bad memories there...

Cyclone

(in reply to Millymax)
Post #: 3
RE: Where are the solutions??? - 2/24/2004 1:48:56 PM   
dave

We are developing a new platform for the Free Weekly Puzzles, which will be released later on this year. The new system will allow players to peak at a thumbnail (if curious) or see a full size solution (if stuck) any time they want.

We had quite a few requests, so we think most of our fans will like this feature.

Thanks, Dave Green

(in reply to Millymax)
Post #: 4
RE: Where are the solutions??? - 2/24/2004 10:55:09 PM   
Cyclone

VERY nice idea. I certainly will like that, and will likely use screenshots to copy solutions into other locations, as I often solve online puzzles OFFline. FAPs will be the exception, mind.

Cyclone

(in reply to Millymax)
Post #: 5
RE: Where are the solutions??? - 2/25/2004 2:36:27 AM   
Axel

Hi Millymax

I hesitated before posting my 2 cents, but... the solutions are IN the puzzles !
Some puzzles that appear you as difficult will be easier in a moment. Just pratice...

Axel

(in reply to Millymax)
Post #: 6
RE: Where are the solutions??? - 2/25/2004 10:26:37 AM   
Cyclone

Axel; I think he means when he can't solve the puzzle.

Cyclone

(in reply to Millymax)
Post #: 7
RE: Where are the solutions??? - 2/25/2004 10:43:59 AM   
Axel

Yes, Cyclone, but do you remember your first puzzle ? It was just like that !
I remember your post when you achieved your first FAP !
You found FAPs hard to do on paper, but the logic is the same on paper or online... Maybe my app made you go towards FAPs, but we always feel the same thing each "First Time" !

Axel

(in reply to Millymax)
Post #: 8
RE: Where are the solutions??? - 2/25/2004 11:28:39 PM   
Millymax

What a great response! Thank you all!!

Sillyliss -- Sadly, I've got FAR too many unfinished puzzles to send them all to Dave; poor bloke wouldn't know what's hit him. But it's good to know that that's an option. And it's good to know there's the rest of you will get your heads together -- carefully.

And Axel -- I know what you mean; when I started doing the FAP puzzels (which I love), I was useless. Now I can do a lot of the smaller ones and at least get an idea of how the bigger ones should look! So there's an improvement.

But Dave, your promise of the thumbnails-to-come is the best thing I've heard all day! Brilliant!

I've never done the puzzels online. Is there a difference? Is one method better than another?

Millymax

(in reply to Millymax)
Post #: 9
RE: Where are the solutions??? - 2/26/2004 2:49:46 AM   
Cyclone

Sillyliss; FAPs I usually do online. There's a new applet coming out here for that, but I have been using Axel's program in the meantime, and I can complete puzzles MUCH faster using it. The main reason is I don't have to sit and pencil in every box; I just click and drag, and in a second, nine boxes filled compared to a minute (worst case scenario based on pencil used) shading them.

Cyclone

(in reply to Millymax)
Post #: 10
RE: Where are the solutions??? - 2/26/2004 9:42:49 PM   
dave

Hi Millymax

I think you will find the FAP Online particularly better, especially as a beginner: First, you can undo as many steps as you want, and then redo those steps if you feel there were no errors. In addition, you can click the Check Puzzle button to see if you have errors. This is particularly usefull if you're in doubt.

Later on this year we will add the Undo/Redo and the Check Puzzle features to PAP and LAP as well (and a Save feature to all 3 games).

Thanks, Dave

(in reply to Millymax)
Post #: 11
RE: Where are the solutions??? - 2/26/2004 10:55:32 PM   
Cyclone

Ah, that's what the inactive save box is for...

Cyclone

(in reply to Millymax)
Post #: 12
RE: Where are the solutions??? - 3/15/2004 8:52:07 PM   
johnsons555

quote:
Excellent!! Might I also suggest something between puzzle and solution: a hint page with starting edges?

We are developing a new platform for the Free Weekly Puzzles, which will be released later on this year. The new system will allow players to peak at a thumbnail (if curious) or see a full size solution (if stuck) any time they want.

We had quite a few requests, so we think most of our fans will like this feature.

Thanks, Dave Green

(in reply to Millymax)
Post #: 13
RE: Where are the solutions??? - 3/16/2004 12:33:29 AM   
Cyclone

Did you mean to add something after the quote?

Cyclone

(in reply to Millymax)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> Puzzle Support >> Where are the solutions??? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts