Conceptis Forums

Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List 

RE: New from Conceptis: Kids logic

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> Puzzles and Kids >> RE: New from Conceptis: Kids logic Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: New from Conceptis: Kids logic - 10/19/2008 8:19:48 AM   
sharonella

Hi Christie -

I still have them.  Email me at sharonella at myway dot com & put Kid's Puzzles in the subject & I can send to you.

Sha

(in reply to cajameson)
Post #: 21
RE: New from Conceptis: Kids logic - 10/19/2008 1:28:06 PM   
cajameson

Sha,

You've got mail and thank you again

Christie

(in reply to sharonella)
Post #: 22
RE: New from Conceptis: Kids logic - 10/19/2008 5:03:37 PM   
dave

Hi Sha

Kids Logic was an experiment we conducted to entice our publishers in launching magazines for kids. Apparently there is almost no fresh content for kids puzzle magazines and what you see on the market are mostly the same activity books you and I solved when we were kids. All the Kids Logic puzzles were hand created since we didn't know if it would be worth while developing S/W tools.Unfortunately there was very little response, with the only notable one being PuuhaMix by Sanoma Magazines Finland (Leena can give more info about this). As a result we are not producing Kids Logic puzzles on a regular basis at the moment.

The only exception is Paint-by-Blocks, for which we developed a S/W algorithm. We will add Paint-by-Blocks to the website in a few months after we finish adding KenDoku. I expect we will also have Paint-by-Blocks in My Conceptis on a regular basis.

Nevertheless, we will definitely provide Kids Logic in the form of eBooks which will be available after we launch the paid website.

Thanks, Dave

(in reply to sharonella)
Post #: 23
RE: New from Conceptis: Kids logic - 10/19/2008 9:48:25 PM   
shiron

"Unfortunately there was very little response"
It is a pitty!!!

"We will add Paint-by-Blocks to the website in a few months after we finish adding KenDoku. I expect we will also have Paint-by-Blocks in My Conceptis on a regular basis. "
"Nevertheless, we will definitely provide Kids Logic in the form of eBooks which will be available after we launch the paid website. "
Those are great news!!!!
Shiron

PS: I didn't notice the 'Kendoku' before! I like it when there are surprises in this site ...

< Message edited by shiron -- 10/19/2008 10:36:21 PM >

(in reply to dave)
Post #: 24
RE: New from Conceptis: Kids logic - 10/20/2008 5:56:46 PM   
gilg

quote:

ORIGINAL: cajameson
I somehow missed this whole thread and now the page won't come up.  Does anyone have these puzzles saved or know where I can find them?  I am a teacher and would love to introduce my students to these puzzles as extra credit stuff.

Hi Christie. See bottom link here http://www.conceptispuzzles.com/index.aspx?uri=info/news/243

~Gil~

(in reply to cajameson)
Post #: 25
RE: New from Conceptis: Kids logic - 10/20/2008 10:31:27 PM   
sharonella

quote:

....The only exception is Paint-by-Blocks, for which we developed a S/W algorithm. We will add Paint-by-Blocks to the website in a few months after we finish adding KenDoku. I expect we will also have Paint-by-Blocks in My Conceptis on a regular basis.

Nevertheless, we will definitely provide Kids Logic in the form of eBooks which will be available after we launch the paid website.

Thanks for the update Dave!!

And thanks Gil for making the link work again!

Sha

(in reply to dave)
Post #: 26
RE: New from Conceptis: Kids logic - 10/20/2008 10:53:31 PM   
cajameson

Thanks Gil,  I got it.

Christie

(in reply to gilg)
Post #: 27
RE: New from Conceptis: Kids logic - 11/3/2008 3:49:47 AM   
Arby711

try the easy kenken puzzles. the website about them, www.kenken.com describes how kenken was originally made for children. The Times had a fascinating article on the inventor (Japanese teacher)

(in reply to cajameson)
Post #: 28
RE: New from Conceptis: Kids logic - 11/3/2008 7:34:38 AM   
lekahe

I have read the article about KenKen and the developer and as a math teacher I am very concerned about using it for children. ONLY the very advanced students should be given them as an activity for a break of other studies. If teachers start using them for all the students it will develop even more hate towards math than it has now!
We must remember that the Japanese culture is very demanding and the students are used to tasks like these.

I like them, but they should be only used if students find them FUN to solve.

Leena

(in reply to Arby711)
Post #: 29
RE: New from Conceptis: Kids logic - 11/3/2008 8:13:03 AM   
gilg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arby711
The Times had a fascinating article on the inventor (Japanese teacher)

Welcome to our forum, Arby711 and thanks for the note. Do you mean this one:

Tetsuya Miyamoto creates KenKen. Train your brain
A puzzle created by a Japanese educator looks set to be the successor to Sudoku
March 22, 2008

~Gil~

(in reply to Arby711)
Post #: 30
RE: New from Conceptis: Kids logic - 11/7/2008 9:05:18 AM   
Possum

When I clicked on the link it came up as ERROR. Can you help me there?
As a teacher I love the idea of some puzzles aimed at kids. For young kids, even the 'easy' regular puzzles are too hard. I was thinking of making some myself, but if someone else is then all the better.

(in reply to nitsanbmg)
Post #: 31
RE: New from Conceptis: Kids logic - 11/7/2008 5:01:59 PM   
princess raven

I got an error page as well. My angel will love these! Puzzles she does not have to share with Mamaw.

(in reply to Possum)
Post #: 32
RE: New from Conceptis: Kids logic - 11/13/2008 3:25:35 AM   
Arby711

Hi-yes, that is the article. As for being worried about children using it, I don't agree at all. It's fun! My 12 year old daughter, who is not a strong math student by any means, LOVES the, brought them to school, and al her friends are now clamoring for "More KenKen's"! Luckily there are now some books so we bought some and copied a lot of the puzzles. These are also fun for me, as a parent, to do with my daughter. Do not underestimate the capability of the children to learn these, even hard ones. I have been amazed as an eye-witness.

(in reply to princess raven)
Post #: 33
RE: New from Conceptis: Kids logic - 11/14/2008 8:45:03 PM   
lekahe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arby711
Hi-yes, that is the article. As for being worried about children using it, I don't agree at all. It's fun! My 12 year old daughter, who is not a strong math student by any means, LOVES the, brought them to school, and al her friends are now clamoring for "More KenKen's"! Luckily there are now some books so we bought some and copied a lot of the puzzles. These are also fun for me, as a parent, to do with my daughter. Do not underestimate the capability of the children to learn these, even hard ones. I have been amazed as an eye-witness.

I am not worried about children using it. I am worried that the teachers are using the puzzles wrong!
If the initiative comes from the child things are just fine, but any compulsion does only harm.
Believe me, I have seen the results of teachers doing their job wrong, not to mention parents who think their kids can be "trained" smart.

Leena

(in reply to Arby711)
Post #: 34
RE: New from Conceptis: Kids logic - 12/13/2008 3:08:40 AM   
princess raven

I have them as PDF's, I will be happy to send them to you. E-mail me at: catbombay@hotmail.com

(in reply to cajameson)
Post #: 35
RE: New from Conceptis: Kids logic - 12/13/2008 3:15:44 PM   
cajameson

Princess Rave
Thank-you for  the offer.  I have them now.
Christie

(in reply to princess raven)
Post #: 36
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> Puzzles and Kids >> RE: New from Conceptis: Kids logic Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts