Conceptis for Android (Full Version)

All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> Technical Support

PuzzleKitty -> Conceptis for Android (4/14/2011 5:25:55 PM)

I can't play Conceptis Puzzles on my android phone (Samsung Galaxy Tab). I have installed Java runtime applet, now I can open the puzzle but still not use the menu inside or play the puzzle... I hoped to find Conceptis App in Android Market. No. [:(]

Why is there no Conceptis App for Android Market? I wouldn't even care about how much to pay! I want to play my favourite puzzles on my mobile. Why is Android Market no market for Conceptis?

lekahe -> RE: Conceptis for Android (4/14/2011 6:12:17 PM)

The puzzles use Flash and you should in theory be able to play puzzles with your phone. However I have heard that flash is very slow on mobiles.

I think there are no apps for iPhone either, except the Sudoku Book for iPad.
I have an iPad from my work and for picture logic puzzles I think it is way too small! Samsung is even a bit smaller.

I am not sure about Conceptis' plans but playing the weekly puzzles with it... I just can't see how that would happen so that one could enjoy playing them.

Leena

PuzzleKitty -> RE: Conceptis for Android (4/15/2011 12:23:17 AM)

In theory maybe, but it doesn't work. And it is not because it is too slow, I tried waiting [;)]
The layer with the puzzle opened, but i can't use the menu which is important to me, as I sometimes need the undo button and want to adjust settings.
It is not too small for me, it's no problem. Many apps are even smaller. And if the menu would be usable there were also a zoom.

I just wish that someday there will be a ConceptisPuzzles app made for android, with Puzzles to buy and download as packages. Like i can buy books by Conceptis and software for other systems. I don't understand why the android system is not considered by Conceptis to sell puzzles. I also asked this question to Conceptis but never got an answer.

khalleron -> RE: Conceptis for Android (5/20/2011 5:43:40 PM)

I would also like to vote for a Conceptis app for Android. I have a Nook Color which I have converted to an Android tablet and it is perfect for these types of applications.

There is an app called Filldoku (or Fildoku) which consists of Fil-a-pix puzzles. Very good app, too few puzzles, though.

Several Nonogram (choose your favorite name) puzzle apps, all of which lack something.

A Conceptis app would be killer!

FoD -> RE: Conceptis for Android (12/15/2011 1:33:12 PM)

come on! get an android app out there! why should the phone sheep have all the fun!?!?

hcbeskow -> RE: Conceptis for Android (3/10/2013 9:11:25 PM)

Any chance to have an Android app?

cmwebs2013 -> RE: Conceptis for Android (4/7/2013 8:42:49 PM)

Why wont you let us download & play fill-a-pix from this site? I got my Android tablet to do logic games etc. I just downloaded Filldoku lite (and I will purchase the full app.) So that shows there is software is available to play these games on a tablet.
Signed Another potential customer.

FoD -> RE: Conceptis for Android (4/8/2013 2:22:13 PM)

Come on, Conceptis! The app has been available for iOS for ages now. Isn't it about time the millions of Android users were given the chance to join in the fun? We've been waiting patiently for a long time. [:@]

cmwebs2013 -> RE: Conceptis for Android (4/9/2013 1:12:10 AM)

Why has no one from conceptis answered these eight emails???
A potential customer.

PuzzleKitty -> RE: Conceptis for Android (4/10/2013 10:15:42 AM)

They even didn't answer a mail I sent to conceptis. But maybe it's apple who don't want anything released for android? ...

dave -> RE: Conceptis for Android (4/10/2013 10:11:46 PM)

We replied on these questions in other forums in the past. Here is a copy/paste from those replies:

"After some research we realized developing our games for Android is more complicated and expensive than what we expected. There are too many screen sizes, operating systems and device behaviors to allow us providing quality products at reasonable costs. Therefore, at this point, we decided to focus in developing more games for iPhone and iPad while hoping the Android market will become more developer friendly. Thank you for your patience".

"I'm afraid we don't have plans developing Android apps with our puzzles. However, we are planning to improve our website to support touch-screen devices, which will enable playing online on Android".

Thanks, Dave

PuzzleKitty -> RE: Conceptis for Android (4/10/2013 10:59:35 PM)

Thanks, finally. When I startet this topic in 2011, there were no other questions about this. I didn't know, that others startet discussions about it later and were answered!

cmwebs2013 -> RE: Conceptis for Android (4/18/2013 3:01:01 PM)

Hi Dave,
There is a $2.00 app for Filldoku available online. And that's after the free lite version.
Therefore, how can you say it would be too expensive to make Fill-a-pix puzzles available? You have great puzzles. Just make a sperate page where we can download your puzzles to play on our tablets.
Thanks,
An eager customer

PuzzleKitty -> RE: Conceptis for Android (4/18/2013 6:48:49 PM)

thx cmwebs2013 Filldoku is a good suggestion :-) I have tried it yet.
So I think we can start recommending apps ;-)

Logic Sketch and Logic Sketch 2 (pic-a-pix)
Handwrite Sudoku
Slitherlink free
Hashi
HoloKen (calcudoku)

Any other suggestions? Who found free apps with puzzles like on conceptis?

GJHmf -> RE: Conceptis for Android (5/18/2013 10:47:51 AM)

To all at Conceptis,

I think you're really missing out on a massive opportunity by not porting your iOS mobile apps to the Android platform. I for one do not have an iPhone, and nor does 75% of the smartphone market. By limiting yourself to iOS, you're limiting yourself to a revenue stream from less than 25% of the worldwide smartphone market. I work in app development, and these figures are widely available.

I do completely understand your reluctance to support the multitude of Android operating systems, processor types, memory capabilities and screen resolutions, but this is really no different for the various iOS devices released over the past few years. Besides, you'll have an easier ride in getting your apps published, as there is no lengthy mandatory certification process.

I absolutely loved Pic Pic DS, your collaboration with 505 Games, and really hope you see some sense and bring your apps to the largest and most popular smartphone format on the planet.

If noting else, think of the dollar signs.

GJHmf

new.granny -> RE: Conceptis for Android (5/18/2013 6:07:55 PM)

Hi all,
I simply do not believe this has anything to do with it being to hard or expensive for Conceptis to offer some of these puzzles for android use. There is a $2.00 app for Filldoku (Fill-a-Pix) available online. And that's after the free lite version! If they can offer the same type of game for such a low price, how could it be that hard or expensive for Conceptis to do??
Just doesn't sound reasonable to me.
Granny

dave -> RE: Conceptis for Android (5/19/2013 10:34:03 PM)

Thank you for your feedback and persistence. Our mobile strategy was to start off with a reasonable puzzle game portfolio for iOS. Now that this has been accomplished with 7 apps (and an 8th in development) we are re-examining the Android market as well. There is a good chance (though we can't yet promise) we will be releasing Android apps as well.

Thanks, Dave

starkeepr -> RE: Conceptis for Android (6/2/2013 9:57:08 PM)

I just wanted to add my voice to the choir asking for an Android app, specifically one for the Kindle Fire (which I just bought, but I understand it has a separate app store, even though it is an Android).

dave -> RE: Conceptis for Android (6/2/2013 10:42:13 PM)

Thanks for your voice! We can't say anything about Kindle Fire right now but once we get into the Android market we will look into this too.

Thanks, Dave

new.granny -> RE: Conceptis for Android (6/16/2013 1:19:31 AM)

Still waiting for the android app :-)

Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode