Volunteers needed for beta-testing upcoming Pay-per-Puzzle website (Full Version)

All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> Fresh Supplies

gilg -> Volunteers needed for beta-testing upcoming Pay-per-Puzzle website (10/14/2009 5:45:53 PM)

The new Pay-per-Puzzle website announced in March has entered final development stages and we are now looking for members interested to take a part in the beta-testing phase. The tests will start from next week and will continue until the new site is released. During the beta-test participant user accounts will be modified by Conceptis administrator and the new site will show up upon normal log in.

How it works

Each beta-test participant will be awarded with Conceptis Credits for spending on the new site, allowing access to all puzzle archives free of charge. Beta testers will thus be able to play, save and solve any puzzles they want from the current week as well as from any other week since the new website was launched in May 2008.

Within the frame of the test we ask our volunteers to examine all areas in the My Conceptis section and report any bugs, bad links, spelling errors, unclear text or any other problems they can find. Participants are expected to email their feedback in English to info@conceptispuzzles.com including the words "Beta Testing Report" in the title.

Specific issues requiring beta-tester attention

Here are some points which require particular attention:

1. Focus on the new online features which the system now provides, such as buying (with Conceptis Credits), saving and solving puzzles which were published in previous weeks, playing free puzzles from this week, buying Weekly Packages and so on.

2. Using Conceptis Credits you can buy individual puzzles (published this week or available from the archives) and/or discounted weekly packages (which contain all puzzles published on a certain week). Since we would like you to explore the option of buying both individual puzzles as well as the weekly package, please make sure you don’t accidentally spend all the Credits on weekly packages.

3. The new website still offers a few free puzzles each week. However, puzzles which are not bought during that week lose their save and solved data when the next weekly update takes place. To check this, please verify that the Free puzzles which were saved or solved without buying change their status to "Buy" and move to the “Buy” section when the next Friday update takes place.

4. The system for purchasing Conceptis Credits using PayPal and credit cards is already fully functional. Although we would appreciate any testing of this section, please understand that we will not be able to reimburse payments incurred in this way. In addition, during beta-test it might be that some or all of credits purchased by beta-testers will have to be deleted.

Interested?

If you would like to volunteer for this test please follow the steps below:

1. Go to your member profile at http://www.conceptispuzzles.com/index.aspx?uri=myconceptis/profile and make sure your email address is updated and working properly and that your country is set correctly. If your email is set up to be private you may leave it this way.

2. Reply on this forum thread with a message saying "Yes, I would like to participate as a beta-tester and I agree to send you my reports"

3. In addition to the above statement, please include in your post basic information about your computer operating system and browser type. For example "Windows XP professional service pack 3 with Internet Explorer 8.0" or "Mac OSX with Firefox 3.5.3"

What’s next?

Selected members will receive an email message from noreply@conceptispuzzles.com titled "Conceptis order confirmation" and informing that their user account has been awarded with a Free Conceptis Credits package of credits. Upon receiving that email beta-tester may log in to the site and begin testing.

Edited:

Many thanks to all volunteers.

I must admit I never expected to see so many in such a short time. Since we only need about 200 folks we will now lock this thread and analyze the results. Selected beta-testers will receive an email message saying "Conceptis Order Confirmation" after which tests will begin. We hope we can start the testing by the end of Monday.

Thanks again,

lekahe -> RE: Volunteers needed for beta-testing upcoming Pay-per-Puzzle website (10/14/2009 5:50:03 PM)

Yes, I would like to participate as a beta-tester and I agree to send you my reports

I use two computers with OS:
Windows Vista Business, SP2  and
Windows XP professional SP3

both with browser:
Firefox 3.5.3

Leena

mdbank -> RE: Volunteers needed for beta-testing upcoming Pay-per-Puzzle website (10/14/2009 6:11:28 PM)

Yes, I would like to participate as a beta-tester and I agree to send you my reports.

Win XP, SP3
IE 8.0

klueck77 -> RE: Volunteers needed for beta-testing upcoming Pay-per-Puzzle website (10/14/2009 6:14:17 PM)

"Yes, I would like to participate as a beta-tester and I agree to send you my reports"

I use 3 computers:
Main one with:
Windows XP professional service pack 3 with Internet Explorer 8.0
or
Windows XP professional service pack 3 with Firefox 3.5.3

2nd
Windows 2000 Firefox 3.5.3.

3rd
Linux Ubuntu with Firefox 3.5

Kristi

fishfingerfan -> RE: Volunteers needed for beta-testing upcoming Pay-per-Puzzle website (10/14/2009 6:14:46 PM)

Yes, I would like to participate as a beta-tester and I agree to send you my reports

Windows XP with Internet Explorer 8.0

This new site looks really good!

Daniella -> RE: Volunteers needed for beta-testing upcoming Pay-per-Puzzle website (10/14/2009 6:15:06 PM)

quote:

I use Windows XP professional service pack 3 with Google Chrome.

snwardsumof69 -> RE: Volunteers needed for beta-testing upcoming Pay-per-Puzzle website (10/14/2009 6:15:22 PM)

quote:

I use Windows XP 5.1 home edition, service pack 3, and Firefox 3.5.3

stolendreams -> RE: Volunteers needed for beta-testing upcoming Pay-per-Puzzle website (10/14/2009 6:16:06 PM)

Windows Vista Home Premium SP2
Firefox 3.5.3

phoenixlala -> RE: Volunteers needed for beta-testing upcoming Pay-per-Puzzle website (10/14/2009 6:16:08 PM)

quote:

Both computers I use frequently are running Windows XP professional service pack 3 with Firefox 3.5.3

G3Forz -> RE: Volunteers needed for beta-testing upcoming Pay-per-Puzzle website (10/14/2009 6:16:16 PM)

quote:

I'm working with Windows 7 Ultimate, using the Google Chrome browser

zanzibaro -> RE: Volunteers needed for beta-testing upcoming Pay-per-Puzzle website (10/14/2009 6:16:57 PM)

HP Pavilion
Firefox 3.5.3

wardweberii -> RE: Volunteers needed for beta-testing upcoming Pay-per-Puzzle website (10/14/2009 6:17:47 PM)

Yes, I would like to participate as a beta-tester and I agree to send you my reports.

Windows XP professional service pack 3 with Internet Explorer 8.0

Thanks!

Ward

pillard -> RE: Volunteers needed for beta-testing upcoming Pay-per-Puzzle website (10/14/2009 6:19:41 PM)

I would like to participate as a beta-tester and I agree to send you my reports.

I use Windows XP with Internet Explorer 8.0.

mjjsolves -> RE: Volunteers needed for beta-testing upcoming Pay-per-Puzzle website (10/14/2009 6:19:59 PM)

dancinladybugs -> RE: Volunteers needed for beta-testing upcoming Pay-per-Puzzle website (10/14/2009 6:21:07 PM)

quote:

I have a Windows Vista laptop and I use the google chrome browser

mjjsolves -> RE: Volunteers needed for beta-testing upcoming Pay-per-Puzzle website (10/14/2009 6:22:35 PM)

I use Windows XP professional service pack 3 with Internet Explorer 8.0 and also Mozilla Firefox (the latest version)

dreamdancer100 -> RE: Volunteers needed for beta-testing upcoming Pay-per-Puzzle website (10/14/2009 6:24:05 PM)

I use Windowas Vista Home Premium and IE 8.0

dreamy

Shirdot -> RE: Volunteers needed for beta-testing upcoming Pay-per-Puzzle website (10/14/2009 6:25:37 PM)

quote:

I have Windows Vista Business with Firefox 3.5.3.

ghotihed -> RE: Volunteers needed for beta-testing upcoming Pay-per-Puzzle website (10/14/2009 6:25:55 PM)

quote:

My laptop is running Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium, and though I usually use the latest Firefox (3.5.3 as of this posting), I have also been known to use Google Chrome and Opera on occasion.  I also have Internet Explorer and Safari available if that would be helpful.  All browsers are kept updated to their latest versions.

davehutch -> RE: Volunteers needed for beta-testing upcoming Pay-per-Puzzle website (10/14/2009 6:25:57 PM)

Mac X 10.5.8 and Safari 4.0.3.

Dave

Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode