Foren

Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List 

Options not saving?

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> Technical Support >> Options not saving? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Options not saving? - 12/12/2019 12:21:47 AM   
dmoser22

I assume this is upgrade related. My options have stopped being saved and are reset to the default everyone time I open a puzzle, even ones I am halfway down with and previously saved. This is quite annoying, particularly with respect to the Sound On/Off and the Automatic checking options.

Please get it back to working the way it was.
Post #: 1
RE: Options not saving? - 12/12/2019 10:29:28 AM   
Admin

Please send us an email to support@conceptispuzzles.com with the following information:

- Which puzzles type this is happening with (or if it's happening for all puzzle types)
- Which computer you are using, and with which operating system version
- Which browser you are using, and with with version

Thanks, Dave

(in reply to dmoser22)
Post #: 2
RE: Options not saving? - 12/12/2019 2:56:40 PM   
chaosmanor

All that I had to do was open up the "settings" box (the one with the crossed hand-tools) and click the "sound on" button. The check-mark is now gone, and sound is off, again. Yes, a tad annoying, but quite easy to remedy.

(in reply to Admin)
Post #: 3
RE: Options not saving? - 12/21/2019 6:55:38 PM   
Talihoe

In Preferences for puzzles with "Auto-Fill starting clues" or "Auto-Solve starting points" the Auto-Fill and Auto Solve options do not stay on when ticked. I found the problem in SAPs, LAPs, FAPs and BAPs.

I'm using a WINDOWS 10 laptop. Firefox, Opera and Edge all had the same problem.

(in reply to Admin)
Post #: 4
RE: Options not saving? - 12/21/2019 9:58:49 PM   
z287marc

Check the cookie settings in your browser. Make sure that cookies for Conceptis are kept. The puzzle setting are now kept in cookie files.

(in reply to Talihoe)
Post #: 5
RE: Options not saving? - 12/21/2019 10:37:39 PM   
Talihoe

I do allow cookies. I don't think that's the problem, besides all other changes in Preferences are retained. It is only the "Auto Fill" and "Auto Solve" options that are not kept.

(in reply to z287marc)
Post #: 6
RE: Options not saving? - 12/22/2019 9:05:04 PM   
Admin

Hi Talihoe

This is the way it worked in the last 10 years with the Flash games, and we didn't change anything. I wasn't sure myself, so I opened the old Flash games (we still have access to them inside Conceptis) and saw that the Auto-Fill (and similar) check-box never remember this setting. BTW, in our mobile apps we changed this behavior.

Thanks, Dave

(in reply to Talihoe)
Post #: 7
RE: Options not saving? - 12/23/2019 7:33:34 AM   
Talihoe

Thank you Dave, it had been a long time since I worked a FAP and didn't remember that little quirk. And I couldn't go back an check it out on Flash. So all is good.

(in reply to Admin)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> Technical Support >> Options not saving? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode