Foren

Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List 

Cross-A-Pix

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> Puzzle Support >> Cross-A-Pix Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Cross-A-Pix - 2/27/2015 10:47:19 PM   
jenmc226

Any tips?

I'm still digesting the rules, but so far the only one I've cruised through is the smallest/easiest one in the samples.
Post #: 1
RE: Cross-A-Pix - 2/28/2015 2:30:58 PM   
dave

Take a look at the tutorial, if you haven't done so already. Also, reading the techniques section should be very helpful.

Thanks, Dave

(in reply to jenmc226)
Post #: 2
RE: Cross-A-Pix - 2/28/2015 8:41:35 PM   
stuartdm

I am really struggling with the SingleClue ones but find the DualClues quite easy. Of this week's 6 puzzles I found the last one the easiest despite it being 'very hard'. The 'very easy' SingleClue took me quite a while and I am stuck on the 'medium'

(in reply to dave)
Post #: 3
RE: Cross-A-Pix - 3/2/2015 1:35:48 AM   
Jane_Grey

Same.

(in reply to stuartdm)
Post #: 4
RE: Cross-A-Pix - 3/2/2015 8:35:49 AM   
Trycotyne

I have the same feelings. I used to solve the Campixu in Logic Pixels, so I was very happy to see Conceptis launching Cross-a-pix ! But I have more fun (and it takes less time) to do the Dual Clue ones.

(in reply to Jane_Grey)
Post #: 5
RE: Cross-A-Pix - 3/4/2015 4:52:30 PM   
chaosmanor

Have to agree, in general, with some of the previous comments. While the Duals can be a bit tougher to get into, once a decent start is made (usually 2-3 green arrows worth), the rest of the puzzle tends to fall into place fairly quickly. OTOH, the Singles can be a bear all the way through. I still have not made any inroads into the hardest of the singles, but NBD: it's free.

After a few days of working on these, I have to say that I'm not really impressed with this puzzle. I'm sure that some folks will find them to be worth buying, but I cannot imagine ever buying one other than an occasional Easy Dual, purely for the heck of it. Most of the time, I'll likely be perfectly happy to solve just the free one each week, much as I already do for Dot-A-Pix and several of the math-based puzzles.

(in reply to Trycotyne)
Post #: 6
RE: Cross-A-Pix - 3/4/2015 5:01:16 PM   
chaosmanor

quote:

ORIGINAL: jenmc226

Any tips?

I'm still digesting the rules, but so far the only one I've cruised through is the smallest/easiest one in the samples.

FWIW: there seems to be one line in each puzzle that is close to being a "gimme": look for it. It is usually one that has a very high, or very low, number of colored squares, often in one block. With these, there won't be too many ways to make things work. Also, look for sections that *cannot* work. For example, if a line calls for 6 squares in two strings, a section that has seven squares in that line can't work, so you can "dot it out". Other than this, I have found that I have to use Trial and Error on the bigger ones. Find a line with the smallest, or largest, required number of colored squares, and after eliminating anything that can't work, try different things until the arrow goes green. Not very satisfying, I admit, but you are just trying to find a toe-hold, a place from which to work.

(in reply to jenmc226)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> Puzzle Support >> Cross-A-Pix Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote