Foren

Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List 

Battleships - Cursor Sticks

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> Technical Support >> Battleships - Cursor Sticks Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Battleships - Cursor Sticks - 8/2/2013 1:03:20 AM   
Mel-o-rama

Hello,

I wonder if anyone's reported this Battleship bug yet. I've noticed it on PCs, Macs, different locations, etc. But I've never gotten around to reporting it ... until today when it's so bad I can't solve the puzzle. (It just hasn't bugged me that much before. :) )

The problem: Most of the time the puzzle functions correctly, but sometimes (and at random), the cursor will stick, and then it starts populating water or battleships anywhere you move the cursor (without clicking). The only way to unstick the cursor is to quit the puzzle, and sometimes even quit the browser.

Throughout the years I've noticed this issue with Windows XP, Windows 7, Mac OS 10.4-10.6. Browsers: Safari, Internet Explorer. Version of Flash: usually the most up-to-date version.

Thanks,
Mel
Post #: 1
RE: Battleships - Cursor Sticks - 8/2/2013 1:06:27 AM   
Mel-o-rama

Oh yeah ... the one I can't solve (because it whigs out too many times) is this one: ID 08090103051

(in reply to Mel-o-rama)
Post #: 2
RE: Battleships - Cursor Sticks - 8/2/2013 1:52:18 AM   
z287marc

I noticed a similar problem with the scroll bars of the larger puzzles. (PAP, SAP, MAP, etc.) On occasion, when I drag the scroll bar to work on an another section, moving the mouse would continue dragging the scroll bar even after releasing the mouse button. Usually, a click in the puzzle grid resolves the problem.

(in reply to Mel-o-rama)
Post #: 3
RE: Battleships - Cursor Sticks - 8/4/2013 10:00:54 PM   
dave

Thank you for pointing out this bug. We found the reason (it happens if you drag the mouse from inside the grid and release it while pointing at one of the buttons on the toolbar) and will fix it soon.

Thanks, Dave

(in reply to z287marc)
Post #: 4
RE: Battleships - Cursor Sticks - 8/10/2013 6:44:41 PM   
Mel-o-rama

Cool ... I'm glad you found the reason, and was unable to replicate the issue today. Also, I'll try z287marc's suggestion if it happens again.

What you say, though makes sense, as the 4-battleship in that puzzle is right up there next to the menu buttons.

Thanks,
Mel

(in reply to dave)
Post #: 5
RE: Battleships - Cursor Sticks - 8/10/2013 6:46:19 PM   
Mel-o-rama

Oh, and that's when I seemed to noticed the cursor getting stuck in that puzzle ... right after I would populate the 4-battleship.

(in reply to Mel-o-rama)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> Technical Support >> Battleships - Cursor Sticks Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts