Foren

Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List 

Battleships free puzzle

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> Puzzle Support >> Battleships free puzzle Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Battleships free puzzle - 6/24/2013 7:13:56 PM   
fetchund

Not sure how this one rates as an "easy" past this point... what am I missing?

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Battleships free puzzle - 6/25/2013 8:14:52 AM   
Ivoryy

Well, you know for row 6 (the one with 5), since there's only six spots left, the only possible combinations of ship lengths are either 1 & 4 or 2 & 3. However, row 5 (right above it) has 2, and you only have one marked in that row so far, so you'll need to put another in there. If you put 2 & 3 in row 6, then all the boxes left in row 5 will get marked out, so it can't be 2 & 3... so it has to be 1 & 4. Therefore, you know that row 6 HAS to go: ship, ?, ship, ship, ?, ship, water, water. That should assist you with row 5 as well.

I hope that's clear ^_^

(in reply to fetchund)
Post #: 2
RE: Battleships free puzzle - 6/25/2013 11:49:55 AM   
ElectroFredja

In row 1 (the one with a 6), you have a square shipwich leaves us with the ship end next to it. On column 8 (the one with a 4) we have such ship end and a 2square ship, wich makes the 4 full squares required, being the one left at the bottom an end ship square.

< Message edited by ElectroFredja -- 6/25/2013 11:51:24 AM >

(in reply to Ivoryy)
Post #: 3
RE: Battleships free puzzle - 6/25/2013 1:43:28 PM   
fetchund

that's it! I kind of figured it out, but I still don't think that this one fits in the "easy" category. I feel like if your logic has to be 2 steps ahead of your actions, it is a medium! Thanks, though!

(in reply to Ivoryy)
Post #: 4
RE: Battleships free puzzle - 6/25/2013 1:47:29 PM   
fetchund

But, ElectroFredia, that is the puzzle AFTER I filled part of it in. The square pieces were not a given, so you can't guarantee that they are middle parts. Ivoryy gave me the logic it needs, but I still can't see that it was an "easy", the way the original was presented. Thanks for your help!

(in reply to ElectroFredja)
Post #: 5
RE: Battleships free puzzle - 6/27/2013 4:36:07 PM   
jmkohl

Agree that it is not Easy. To me, an Easy puzzle can be solved using basic logic (this is true, then that must be true, then that must be true, etc). This requires multiple scenarios and process of elimination to achieve a breakthrough that allows you to solve the rest.

(in reply to fetchund)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> Puzzle Support >> Battleships free puzzle Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts