Foren

Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List 

Adobe Flash (newest version)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> Technical Support >> Adobe Flash (newest version) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Adobe Flash (newest version) - 8/30/2012 11:03:01 PM   
chaosmanor

Does anyone else in here think that the newest Flash player is a piece of junk? This thing has more crashes per day than a NASCAR race

I'm just whining; I know that the folks here have to use what is available, and have little or no control over or influence with Adobe. But I would like to know if I'm the only one who has seen far too many crashes since the last "update". Sure do wish that these companies would do *real* beta testing, not the in-house nonsense that tells them nothing.
Post #: 1
RE: Adobe Flash (newest version) - 8/31/2012 12:55:25 AM   
CharleneTX

quote:

ORIGINAL: chaosmanor

Does anyone else in here think that the newest Flash player is a piece of junk? This thing has more crashes per day than a NASCAR race

I'm just whining; I know that the folks here have to use what is available, and have little or no control over or influence with Adobe. But I would like to know if I'm the only one who has seen far too many crashes since the last "update". Sure do wish that these companies would do *real* beta testing, not the in-house nonsense that tells them nothing.

I haven't had any crashes. Either I've gotten lucky or it's something else on your system.

--C

(in reply to chaosmanor)
Post #: 2
RE: Adobe Flash (newest version) - 8/31/2012 10:30:24 PM   
Graubart

I'm afraid, but on my systems there are no crashes either.

Graubart

(in reply to chaosmanor)
Post #: 3
RE: Adobe Flash (newest version) - 9/1/2012 6:39:19 PM   
chaosmanor

Well, I found out a couple of things after doing more research. The current version of Flash does not work well with Firefox, which is my browser of choice (I refuse to use Internet Exploder), so I dumped the new version and went back to the last update of V.10. Since then, I've had no problems. There are also sporadic reports of problems with Chrome. If you use IE, the newest Flash seems to work fine with it.

(in reply to Graubart)
Post #: 4
RE: Adobe Flash (newest version) - 9/2/2012 9:11:24 AM   
CharleneTX

quote:

ORIGINAL: chaosmanor

Well, I found out a couple of things after doing more research. The current version of Flash does not work well with Firefox, which is my browser of choice (I refuse to use Internet Exploder), so I dumped the new version and went back to the last update of V.10. Since then, I've had no problems. There are also sporadic reports of problems with Chrome. If you use IE, the newest Flash seems to work fine with it.

I've recently updated both Firefox and Flash and so far no problems. *fingers crossed*

(in reply to chaosmanor)
Post #: 5
RE: Adobe Flash (newest version) - 9/5/2012 12:27:16 AM   
lied_ohne_worte

Mine isn't crashing, but the games are more or less unplayable. There are either several seconds lag of the mouse (the mouse catches up rather comically with my movements, and the pointer seems to move across the game on its own), or the mouse movements and clicks do not register at all.

Using Firefox (latest version) with Flash (latest version).

(in reply to CharleneTX)
Post #: 6
RE: Adobe Flash (newest version) - 9/5/2012 4:48:13 PM   
dave

Are you using the "Pencil" or "Custom arrow" as your pointer? If so, it might help changing to "System arrow" in the Preferences.

Thanks, Dave

(in reply to lied_ohne_worte)
Post #: 7
RE: Adobe Flash (newest version) - 9/6/2012 3:45:48 AM   
lied_ohne_worte

Thanks!

I'm using the pencil, but I never had any problems with it before. I've just changed back to Flash 10.3, as I had problems elsewhere too. Glitch, for example, kept hanging and crashing all the time. 10.3 is working nicely, and I'll upgrade again once they bring out the next one.

(in reply to dave)
Post #: 8
RE: Adobe Flash (newest version) - 9/27/2012 12:24:34 AM   
lankyduke

quote:

ORIGINAL: lied_ohne_worte

Mine isn't crashing, but the games are more or less unplayable. There are either several seconds lag of the mouse (the mouse catches up rather comically with my movements, and the pointer seems to move across the game on its own), or the mouse movements and clicks do not register at all.

Using Firefox (latest version) with Flash (latest version).

I too am having this issue. Really annoying.
I'll try dave's suggestion to using the system arrow.

(in reply to lied_ohne_worte)
Post #: 9
RE: Adobe Flash (newest version) - 10/13/2012 9:12:39 PM   
Diccon

I've got this problem too (under Chrome) and changing to system cursor is better but still not great. Anyone tell me how I can go back to a previous version?

Diccon

(in reply to chaosmanor)
Post #: 10
RE: Adobe Flash (newest version) - 11/2/2012 2:10:21 PM   
Feidhlim

YES, YES, YES! I HATE IT!

Could Conceptis put all our Flash-related problems into one big FAQ with advice and links?

(in reply to chaosmanor)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> Technical Support >> Adobe Flash (newest version) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts