Foren

Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List 

Puzzles On DS

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> Spread the Word >> Puzzles On DS Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Puzzles On DS - 6/27/2012 6:56:25 PM   
rachelahyde

I'd like to see more of these puzzles available for the Nintendo DS, is this likely to happen? I know people who like puzzles but tend to prefer them delivered electronically rather than on paper or a computer screen so this would be a great idea.
Post #: 1
RE: Puzzles On DS - 7/11/2012 3:26:40 AM   
Stuffgamer1

DS, 3DS, Vita...whatever format available. Android, even. I noticed with some great annoyance that there are now several iDevice Apps from Conceptis available, but no Android version. Sadly, I've also noticed that many more renditions of these types of puzzles DO exist on game machines, but most of them aren't released out West, particularly in America. At least you have a (relatively good) opportunity to get Pic Pic, which was never released here (though I am well aware it's a rare title even in the UK). But with picture puzzles on game machines, it's go Japan or go home.

(in reply to rachelahyde)
Post #: 2
RE: Puzzles On DS - 3/18/2013 3:52:23 AM   
tcmorrison71

there are link-a-pix puzzles on the DS Games Puzzler world and Puzzler World 2. So far those are the only ones I have found for other devices outside of ipads and iphones. I wish there were others myself, would love to have them on android, I have both phone and tablet.

Terri

(in reply to Stuffgamer1)
Post #: 3
RE: Puzzles On DS - 3/19/2013 6:00:44 PM   
jhitchin

In 2007, a game called Piku-Piku: Toku to E ni naru Mitsu no Pazuru (Pic-Pic: Solve and paint three kinds of puzzles) was released in Japan by Success Games. This will run on any Nintendo DS device. Trust me, I've played my copy on a DS, DS Lite, DSi, DSXL, 3DS and 3DSXL. It features 400 Maze-a-Pix puzzles, 400 Link-a-Pix puzzles and 400 Fill-a-Pix puzzles. Almost a year later, the game was published in English in Europe and Australia, but it never saw a North American release. Again, the European or Australian versions will play on any DS. If you can find a copy, it's worth having as I have yet to finish all 1200 puzzles. In fact, if you solve all 400 of one type, you can start a new profile on the cartridge and solve them from the beginning. I guarantee you won't remember most of them to the point where solving them again is boring. All puzzles in the game are from Conceptis.

Mario's Picross, the Game Boy title, is available in the Nintendo eShop now for the 3DS Virtual Console. There was also a Picross DS title which was released around the same time as Piku-Piku. However, once you get to larger puzzles such as 20x20, you have to do this awkward scroll on the lower screen to be able to solve and I found that to be annoying.

So, good luck finding these games, and let's hope another collection like Piku-Piku gets made.

Jeff

(in reply to tcmorrison71)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> Spread the Word >> Puzzles On DS Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll