Foren

Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List 

Japan

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> Fresh Supplies >> Japan Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Japan - 11/4/2009 5:11:38 PM   
rogerllobet

I would like to order online Japanese XXL Puzzles, but I don't know if it's possible

http://www.conceptispuzzles.com/index.aspx?uri=info/product/244

Can anyone help me? Thanx in advance
Post #: 1
RE: Japan - 11/4/2009 8:50:58 PM   
lekahe

The link is for the magazine in the Netherlands. I think you can succeed only with help of a friend from the Netherlands. I am a subscriber but I started it before the magazine was sold to Keesing. Paying worked with Visa. Now I get mail in Dutch and bills I have to pay online or as an international money transfer. In Europe it is actually not very hard but confusing anyway...

Leena

(in reply to rogerllobet)
Post #: 2
RE: Japan - 11/5/2009 10:23:50 AM   
Graubart

Hi Roger,

try www.hollandsbladen.nl for single magazines, as I do - there is no way as far as I know for a subscription unless you have a dutch bank account.
But it's very easy to order single magazines. If you like they give you a notice for the next published issue.

Graubart

Post #: 3
RE: Japan - 11/5/2009 12:18:48 PM   
rogerllobet

Thank you both!

Graubart, I've tried in www.hollandsbladen.nl and I think I did it right! ;) ut the price is 7,90E. Is it ok?

(in reply to Graubart)
Post #: 4
RE: Japan - 11/6/2009 10:01:35 AM   
Graubart

Hi Roger,

You pay the price of the magazine plus the postage - the postage for TNT Europe is 4,50€ - therefore I guess you did order Japanese puzzels issue 24 (3,40€) because the Japanse puzzels XXL does cost 4€ and it is just issue 23 published.
I normally order both together and then I pay just the postage once. But be aware the dutch issues are the same than the french SC Logimage and SC Logimage Grilles geantes since Keesing is owning it.

Graubart

Post #: 5
RE: Japan - 11/9/2009 3:47:06 PM   
rogerllobet

Graubart! You're right! I've just received Japanese Puzzels! I wanted XXL, but I don't know if I made a mistake when ordering the magazine, or they made the mistake sending one instead of the other! Thans anyway! One more question: how big are the puzzles in the XXL magazine?

(in reply to Graubart)
Post #: 6
RE: Japan - 11/9/2009 4:17:04 PM   
Graubart

Hi Roger,
just home from work. I'm sure you did the mistake but don't bother. So you know what the smaller magazine is like.
In the last XXL issue there are each two of 20x 30, 30x 40, 50x 50, 55x 55;
each four of 25x 35, 35x 35, 45x 45, 45x 55, 50x 60; each six of 30x 30, 35x 45; and one 80x 50

Are you looking for real huge ones? Than buy or order magazines from Japan. Very good (nearly the best) is Logic Paradise published bi-monthly by gakken.
There are published some more but not so often.

Graubart

Post #: 7
RE: Japan - 11/12/2009 5:17:47 PM   
rogerllobet

Hi Graubart,

I really love huge PAP's! Is it posible to order Logic Paradise on line?

I am subscribed to a very good japanese PAP magazine, but it's a bimonthly magazine and I'm running out of puzzles very quickly lately! I don't know the name of the magazine because it's all in japanese and I'm subscribed to it for at least 3 years! The size of the biggest ones in this magazine is 180x70! The best ones!!! ;)

(in reply to Graubart)
Post #: 8
RE: Japan - 11/12/2009 10:15:35 PM   
cidan247

Roger, How did you subscribe to that mag if you didn't know the name? Is it mostly PAPs? How much$? I only care for PAPs and FAPs.

Post #: 9
RE: Japan - 11/12/2009 11:32:59 PM   
rogerllobet

Hi Cidan247, I don't remember the magazine's name but what I remember is that I came across the magazine through Conceptis Pubblishers... At the bottom of the magazine there's a web: www.puztime.com

(in reply to cidan247)
Post #: 10
RE: Japan - 11/13/2009 6:22:12 PM   
Graubart

Hi Roger I think you have Logic Paradise. The newest issue is number 12.1 (Dec/Jan) and on the front there is a man with a christmas tree, a girl with a wreath and a woman with a cake. If it is so please look a page 61. There are three offers for magazines: down in the right corner is a very easy childrens magazine (it is really only for them) but the other two are very good and not to easy mostly 5 and up to 8 stars, the largest puzzles are 110 to 175 at the end as fold out in the Premium. I can't tell you the names because I do not know any japanese. But for online orders use amzon.co.jp or shop.gakken.co.jp for both side you find english sections, I just look for the images and under the mark "that was also bought by others" you find similar magazines or other issues.
Please have a look at the forum Puzzling in Japan - at the second topic "Illust logic" you will find another hint for an advert in logic paradise with only large fold outs in it. Try older topics in that forum as well, there are usefull hints and informations.
I order my magazines at OCS Shop in Düsseldorf because there is a so called Japan town. It's not more expensive than by internet, but easier to get, because they speak my language as well.
Perhaps you know a japanese company near you or in a reasonable distance, try there help and make friends. - or in the end have a lokk at www.ocscourier.es - as I understand enough spain the're doing subcriptions as well.
If you don't have the logic paradise magazine please let me know and I will give you more and different informations.

Hope it was a help
Graubart

Post #: 11
RE: Japan - 11/13/2009 6:45:56 PM   
rogerllobet

Hi Graubart!
Yes! I have Logic Paradise,the one you described with the man, the tree, etc ;)
Looking at page 61, the one at the bottom and left seems quite good! Have you tried it? If so, is it like Logic Paradise? I mean huge PAP's?
I will investigate pages amzon.co.jp and shop.gakken.co.jp! Hope to find the way there ;)
Thank you!

(in reply to Graubart)
Post #: 12
RE: Japan - 11/14/2009 12:26:00 PM   
bajbaj

Does anyone know how I can buy Logic Paradise from the UK. Any suggestions gratefully received

Beverley

Post #: 13
RE: Japan - 11/16/2009 8:47:49 PM   
Graubart

Hi Roger,
yes I tried the "Premium" issues 1 to 3 and some issues of the other. You should be satisfied with the Premium magazine.

Graubart

Post #: 14
RE: Japan - 11/16/2009 8:55:24 PM   
Graubart

Hi Beverley,

there are offices of ocs courier services in Birmingham, London, Manchester and Milton Keynes. If you need the addresses have a look at www.ocs.co.jp/en/index_en.html and there use the link "overseas offices" - may be you live near one of the listed towns than have a look weather there is a ocs bookstore just around the corner of the office. In Germany at all the offices there is a japanese bookstore nearby.

Good luck for trying and getting the magazine

Graubart

(in reply to bajbaj)
Post #: 15
RE: Japan - 11/17/2009 5:26:47 PM   
bajbaj

Hi Graubert

Many thanks for the info. I live in London so I'll do some investigating to find if there is a bookshop.

Bevrley

(in reply to Graubart)
Post #: 16
RE: Japan - 11/17/2009 7:16:42 PM   
Graubart

Hi Beverly,

The Japan Foundation London recommends the Japan Centre Bookshop
- Japan Centre 212 Piccadilly (W1J 9HJ) - www.japancentre.com
Their new shop is at 14-16 Regent Street (SW1Y 4PH) and just next to is Mitsukoshi.
Both offer magazines, if they don't display what you are looking for, ask and they will be pleased getting you the right magazine.

Good luck
Graubart

(in reply to bajbaj)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> Fresh Supplies >> Japan Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message