Foren

Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List 

Solving Puzzles Offline?

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> Puzzle Support >> Solving Puzzles Offline? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Solving Puzzles Offline? - 3/15/2004 5:39:43 PM   
manniz

Hello,
I have a question concerning solving the puzzles "Online".

Is it possible with a tool to solve the puzzles offlines that means no connection via internet but on the PC?

Manfred
Post #: 1
RE: Solving Puzzles Offline? - 3/16/2004 12:32:53 AM   
Cyclone

You could always try opening the puzzle, then disconnecting. That's the only way I can think of, but I haven't tested it myself.

Cyclone

(in reply to manniz)
Post #: 2
RE: Solving Puzzles Offline? - 3/16/2004 9:13:29 AM   
sharris37

I open the weekly puzzles, minimize each window to keep it, then minimize the "free weekly puzzle" window. This allows you to break the internet connection. As long as you don't completely close the "free weekly puzzle" window you can open any of the puzzle windows and work offline. At least you can on a Mac using Safari.

Suzanne

(in reply to manniz)
Post #: 3
RE: Solving Puzzles Offline? - 3/16/2004 11:43:17 AM   
splitter

If I don't have time to finish a puzzle before the week ends, I just leave it and the free weekly puzzles window open on my computer. I have a constant internet connection, but it stays open even when the connection crashes. I use Windows and Internet Explorer... I did learn the hard way to leave both windows open - I closed a few puzzles before I realized they were somehow attached to the free weekly puzzles window! ah well...more fun to solve them again I guess...

(in reply to manniz)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> Puzzle Support >> Solving Puzzles Offline? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts