create (Full Version)

All Forums >> [PUZZLE FANS] >> The Puzzle Room

petitseb44 -> create (7/2/2009 11:12:52 AM)

hello everybody i have a question to post.....is it possible to create himself a "link a pix" puzzle ??
i don't know if it's possible but i would like to learn to do this
thanks for your answer  [;)]

petitseb44 -> RE: create (7/6/2009 6:45:51 PM)

I haven't got any answer !! [:(] Why ??

lekahe -> RE: create (7/7/2009 4:52:41 AM)

petitseb44,

Link-A-Pix is created by Conceptis and only they know the algorithm to make the puzzles valid with a unique solution.
Making them on your own would be very hard (just my opinion).

Leena

JSmith -> RE: create (7/8/2009 2:33:50 AM)

Link-A-Pix is created by Conceptis and only they know the algorithm to make the puzzles valid with a unique solution.
Making them on your own would be very hard (just my opinion).

Leena
[/quote]

This is the 21st Century and there are programmers all over the world who would just love to tackle something like this and find a "better way" to do it. If Link-a-Pix becomes a global phenomenon, it would be foolhardy to say that "only [Conceptis] knows the algorithm...". Look at the hundreds of people who have created sudoku programs that not only generate but solve the puzzles. There are already programs for slitherlink, hashi, battleships, kakuro and nearly everything else on this website - all available for free or just a small fee on the Internet.

lekahe -> RE: create (7/8/2009 4:09:48 AM)

JSmith,

I have no doubt you are right.

I did not say what is possible, what is not. I know that no one else seems to have gotten interested in it and that if you are trying to do it by hand, it is very hard. Besides Conceptis has their own algorithm and hopefully it stays that way and no one steals it.

I did not add at the moment in my post, but I don't really like that my posts are read between the lines.

Leena

Page: [1]

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode